Sign in to follow this  
Haatu

Mass exodus from Eastleigh to Xamar

Let me add:

I can also confirm the Kenyan government has changed their mind and now forcefully stopping people leaving Nairobi. They are working with Somali embassy who stopped issuing Go-home visa thousands are stranded backed their bags, sold their furniture yet can't go home.

Odey   

I believe this to be the best thing for Somalis. The sooner they do that the better somalia will fare!

Odey   

NGONGE;904305 wrote:
What do they do when they go home and where do they live? Mise waa la iska taga uun?
:D

Nin dalkiisa jooga uma baahna in loo sheego meesha uu seexan lahaa. Xidigaha hoostooda un bey seexan

Haatu   

Ngonge there's always relatives to crash with. Mog is suffering from severe housing shortage due to the war so that's the only choice most of them have. That is unless they go to other cities.

NGONGE   

^^ It's a logistic nightmare, saaxib. I don't believe such a "mass exodus" is taking place. More so when one takes what nuune wrote above seriously (hotels and supermarkets closing? Visas being refused? etc, etc). Naga daaya dee.

Somalia   

NGONGE;904314 wrote:
^^ It's a logistic nightmare, saaxib. I don't believe such a "mass exodus" is taking place. More so when one takes what nuune wrote above seriously (hotels and supermarkets closing? Visas being refused? etc, etc). Naga daaya dee.

nuune   

Ngonge, I am there sxb, having seen it happening, MMA is there too, Paragon is here as well, Nairobi is quite BIG and not just Islii, Somali businesses are all over the place, they took over Nairobi, sxb, not just hotels(read B&B, Lodges and not 5 star hotels), but also health care places owned by Somalis were closed to the doors, clinics, pharmacies, aawey tukasanleydi sxb, Garissa Lodge and Surrounding shopping complex ma tagtey, not as it used to be, naagihii dahablayaasha aawey at Suuqa dahabka near sarrifka, only few of them left where hundreds were sitting with their dahab tied to their legs and qoorta iyo gacmaha, aawey hee, aawey hee, inantii aan jeclaayee, kulli waxaa la wada baxsadey, sxb, I can understand you are not familiar with Nairobi but I believe you visited the place in 1974kii when you accompanied the old man for a trip to Nairobi, at that time, and now, no difference, sxb, wax fahan, wax indha-indhee, wax garad iska dhig, ha moogaan howlaha adduunka, shooriyaako!

This will not make many changes but if it continue like this on daily bases, I fear for kenyans losing lots of jobs too, remember, I said Kenyans since most of their women folks are employed by Somalis(maid at Somali houses), what about the watchmans who guard and earn 1000 shilling monthly, acuudu billaahi, what about dowlada hoose, they are screaming now, afkey kala furteen already

N.O.R.F   

Good on them. After 20+ years I can understand the eagerness to get home and hopefully finally settle.

Nuune, how is Paragon? Muxuu meesha ku hayaa? Ministry of Foreign Affairs ha loo dhiibo ninka :D

tutu   

Wallee Somalidu have an inherent belief of being superior or of more importance than others. Kenya won't collapse if Somalis move back. Kenya relies on tea, coffee and tourism as its primary source of income. Somalis and their businesses form an insignificant fraction of Kenya's economy. The immediate impact would hugely befell on the subordinate staff they employ.

And the exodus is most probably less to do with the relative peace in Somalia, but much to the upcoming elections in Kenya. People tend to move to safe areas in such times. They would most likely head back after the much-awaited March elections.

Nuune, you are exaggerating it sxb. Your claims of mass closure of businesses hold little water.

N.O.R.F;904325 wrote:
Good on them. After 20+ years I can understand the eagerness to get home and hopefully finally settle.

Nuune, how is Paragon? Muxuu meesha ku hayaa?
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
ha loo dhiibo ninka

NORF, ma fowziyaad duulan kutahay? lol

@nuune, sxb horta welcome back. tan labaad, nairobi and somalis have a mutual relationship.period. the notion that Nairobi needs Somalis, more than they need it, waa UNFOUNDED TALE.

people are going back, to Mogadishu, Ethiopia and NEP. the reason; daganansho kadhalatay dalalki iyo kenya oo mowqif adag ka istaagtay somalida urban refugees-ka ku ah nairobi, doorashada march 4, iyo iyo iyo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,