Sign in to follow this  
Haatu

Mass exodus from Eastleigh to Xamar

Chimera   

NGONGE;904314 wrote:
^^ It's a logistic nightmare, saaxib. I don't believe such a "mass exodus" is taking place.

Hundreds of Somali refugees return home daily

December 31, 2012

Hundreds of Somali refugees living in Kenya's urban areas are heading home after the Kenyan government earlier this month ordered their repatriation or relocation to refugee camps, UN-funded Radio Bar-Kulan reported Monday (December 31st).

At least 400 Somalis head to Mogadishu from Nairobi airports dail
y, said Somali Ambassador to Kenya Mohamed Ali Nur.

Mohamed Bare Mahamud of Africa Crown World Travel estimated that
9,000 people left Kenya for Somalia over the past two weeks

At this pace, I estimate between 100 - 250 thousand Somalis from Kenya alone will be returning to Mogadishu and Somalia by the end of 2013.

An exodus through and through!

NGONGE   

^^ Oh, it's the refugees being kicked out and not the Chimeras or hotle owners leaving of their own accord? Why didn't you say that from the start dee! Naga daaya! :D

Chimera   

Its the Age of Chimeras, the dream of a rebirth is in full swing no matter how you twist it, the Age of cynical-pessimistic NGONGES & the wax-fahan crew is becoming obsolete fast.

NGONGE   

^^ Nothing cynical or pessimistic about the sentimental spin that some of you are putting on this sad situation. I deal with truths and you deal with nonsense. :D

xabad   

There is mass exodus of somalis am in nairobi, eastleigh. planes are booked so far in advance if i want to go now to MOg, only march is open.

Jacpher   

The nomadic culture of Somalis in full swing. I'm not sure if Moqdisho fares any better at the moment than islii in terms of safety. It's hard to replace all those investment and properties build by the diaspora community.

Oo maxay uga so yaceen waxasi wa fulaynimo war kikuyada hudheelada iyo guryaha quruxda badan eeh aad ka dhisateen ha uga so yaacina waxaasi caqli maha tallo xuma nimanku. Meesha lacag ba nagaga baxday caqli maha . dhowr sangadhuudhu ba maalin na eryadey oo xamar baanu u so qaxayna ana waxan rajeneyaa a Somali Mayor of Nairobi. War meesha iska jooga waryaa Nuuni waan ku salamay ya ibn cami.

xabad   

easy for you to say that. every night police patrols lock up somali men and collect 10,000 ksh form each. somalis are being seen as goods vulnerable to easy extortion from the corrupt Kenyan security service and they don't help matters by their eager and quick payment, they even overpay sometimes. eastleigh is never cleaned and its full of sewage, really disgusting place. anything can be rebuilt and better now that people are more knowledgeable. good luck to my fellow somalis

The Move is happening-however it is not a mass exodus as they are portraying here. People are leaving tho' and Rent has plummeted to rates never seen since the early 2000s- The landlords are scratching their heads.

Mooge   

i left nairobi. I am in malaysia now. few of my friends are still in nairobi and i plan to go to finish a small mission. After that i am heading to Mogadishu. Two of my friends are in mogadishu already.

nairobi has really changed. everyone i knew, is either talking about leaving now, getting ready to leave in the next few months or is already gone.

AYOUB   

nuune;904322 wrote:
Surrounding shopping complex ma tagtey, not as it used to be, naagihii dahablayaasha aawey at Suuqa dahabka near sarrifka, only few of them left where hundreds were sitting with their dahab tied to their legs and qoorta iyo gacmaha, aawey hee, aawey hee, inantii aan jeclaayee, kulli waxaa la wada baxsadey, sxb, I can understand you are not familiar with Nairobi but I believe you visited the place in 1974kii when *you accompanied the old man for a trip to Nairobi, at that time, and now, no difference, sxb, wax fahan, wax indha-indhee, wax garad iska dhig, ha moogaan howlaha adduunka, shooriyaako!

:):):)

I don't think The Arabeto got it. Just let have specific things like Kahawa Cafe is shut and closing down sale at the Omani Shisha place for him to get the scale of the exodus - movement of jaad ppl..

Mooge;904489 wrote:
i left nairobi. I am in malaysia now. few of my friends are still in nairobi and i plan to go to finish a small mission. After that i am heading to Mogadishu. Two of my friends are in mogadishu already.

nairobi has really changed. everyone i knew, is either talking about leaving now, getting ready to leave in the next few months or is already gone.

Mashallah looking forward having some fadhi ku dirir session with you this summer awoowe.:)