Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Dastuurka Qabyada Waa Sax ee Ha la Baasiyo

Dr_Osman   

Paragon, CHE is irrational. We tried for 22 years to form a govt using mogadishu theme and it hasn't worked and millions of people lives lost in the process. Infact it can be argued the man is not apart of the solution but apart of the problem. I liked your logic off the cooling off time period till people come their senses. CHE is not a local in Somalia who has known nothing but war from day 1 and expects them to all hug and forget everything over one meeting in mogadishu and have a 1960s style somalia return. Sorry CHE but that is not realistic!!!

Carafaat   

Muqdisho is recovering and rebuilding. many are slowly returning. Somalia is slowly being freed from AL Shabaab, AMISOM troops are still in the country. This attempt to divide, dominate and power grab Somali's and Somalia permanently by imposing federalism and a constitution is highly unappropriate and will cause a lot of damage.

we have the old 1960 constitution. It can wait a couple years, till people understand this constitution and can vote in a referendum

Carafaat sax waxan fahmi wayey dadkan waxay ku ordayaan dastuurkan laga ma fiirsan wana lugu deg degey wa sidu cali khalif inu sheegey shacabka Somaliya horta dawladooda cagaha ha iskugu istaagto markaas dastuur ba la gudbi kara iyo qaab dhismeedka iyo federalism iyo in kale.

Carafaat   

Xaaji Xunjuf;824792 wrote:
Carafaat sax waxan fahmi wayey dadkan waxay ku ordayaan dastuurkan laga ma fiirsan wana lugu deg degey wa sidu cali khalif inu sheegey shacabka Somaliya horta dawladooda cagaha ha iskugu istaagto markaas dastuur ba la gudbi kara iyo qaab dhismeedka iyo federalism iyo in kale.

Cant belief some rather listen to Faroole then to Cali Khaliif Galeyr, the first Somali Phd holder.

I suggest Xiinfaniin and Paragon seek another Guru then Faroole. Cause this man waa dib u socod. meelna dadka uma wado.

Samafal   

When you see secessionists worried and bothered about this constitution you sense there must be something up. A close family member has just came back from Hargeisa and said they are talking a lot about the constitution and what it will mean for them. You can call secessionists whatever you like but they are not dabaal they really understand that the game in the playground is nearly over.

Carafaat   

Samafal, nice try to divert attention from real issue. :D President Shariif, former PM Geedi and former PM Ali Khaliif Galeyr, Galmudug also reject the constitution. It seems only Puntland supports the constitution. Unless Siilanyo told you he supports it as well. :D

Paragon   

Lol@Carafaat iyo Xaaji Xunduf. Walaahi haddaadba maanta Cali Khaliif guru ka dhigateen idinkaa cirka roob ku og.

You guys need to refresh your mind's history repository. Wasn't Cali khaliif the very man who was present in Somaliland formation meeting and who sold off half of the country into secession back in the early 90s? Now all over sudden he is a national hero both secessionists and unionists herald as a saviour hero? Ain't life a fluke! Weren't the secessionists crying foul when Cali khaliif was constructing Khaatumo state just yesterday? Another thing, don't the secessionists know that the very reason why Khaatumo folk oppose the constitution may have more to do with their ill-placed rivalry towards Faroole's clan name than any sound policy considerations?

Now about Faroole; I don't support many of his policies but if he happens to be right this time around, hell I'll sure support him. At lease I haven't know Faroole selling off a chunk of Somali territory. The question here is: who stands for constitution and who stands for chaos. I chose the former regardless of its supporters.

My support is based on good will and commonsense and nothing else. I want to see a prosperous post-war Somali republic and that can only be achieved by a well thought constitution with its attendant federal apparatus.

Dr_Osman;824781 wrote:
Paragon, CHE is irrational. We tried for 22 years to form a govt using mogadishu theme and it hasn't worked and millions of people lives lost in the process. Infact it can be argued the man is not apart of the solution but apart of the problem. I liked your logic off the cooling off time period till people come their senses. CHE is not a local in Somalia who has known nothing but war from day 1 and expects them to all hug and forget everything over one meeting in mogadishu and have a 1960s style somalia return. Sorry CHE but that is not realistic!!!

Is there any Che on the forum now or are you confusing me with Carafaat?

Carafaat   

Another nice try. my testimony about Dr.Ali Khaliif Galeyr. http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/61560-A-testimony-on-Ali-Khaliif-Galeyr?highlight=khaliif+galeyr

Another thing, don't the secessionists know that the very reason why Khaatumo folk oppose the constitution may have more to do with their ill-placed rivalry towards Faroole's clan name than any sound policy considerations?

You doubt Khatumo folks intentions? Others doubt my intention for rejecting this constitution. How about President Shariif's intentions? And Galmudug's intentions? And former PM Geedi intentions? And Muqdisho elders intentions?

I suggest we discuss the content rather then bringing everyone's intentions in to question.

The question here is: who stands for constitution and who stands for chaos. I chose the former regardless of its supporters.

a constitution contains values shared by all, rules that apply for all, laws that apply everywhere. It is something which should be owned, supported and valued by all. But it seems this is not the case. And its rather the propenents who seem to be on the shorter end of the argument and of the support. Wanting to oppose something which is not shared by all and therefor creating the unnecessary khilaaf, division and thus chaos.

Paragon   

Carafaat, please no convenient amnesia. :D You listed the names (made them relevant to our exchange) and bring them into the discussion and I put these people's intentions into a reasonable perspective.

Carafaat;824806 wrote:
Samafal, nice try to divert attention from real issue.
:D
President Shariif, former PM Geedi and former PM Ali Khaliif Galeyr, Galmudug also reject the constitution. It seems only Puntland supports the constitution. Unless Siilanyo told you he supports it as well.
:D

Thats a revelation, Carafaat. The list of names above reminds me of Abdiqaasin's TNG days except this time around Cali Khaliif, Mr. Fudayd, has his people (Khaatumo) lost and found in Mugadishu - and he is as always clueless. What he doesn't realise is that the modus operandi of the anti-constitution camp are deploying smells like 'lafa geri iyagaa laysku jibiyaa'. Cali needs to sober up and avoid getting jilted by the cheap sub-clan caadifad that catapulted him to Xamar.

Sidelining Puntland clans by commencing a Hargaysa-Muqdisho alliance wouldn't help the Somali republic one bit. We gotta get real folks.

Carafaat   

Paragon, nobody is suggesting to sideline Puntland. I understand and fully support the need for local and regional political ownership, not being dicated by central rule(which Somalia has its fair share of bad experience with).

In fact I have once though federalism was the solution, till I was inspired by former PM Abdirizaq Haji Husseen's article on Somalia future constitutional structure. This made me rethink and read more about the subject.

http://hiiraan.com/op2/2011/apr/the_future_constitutional_structure_of_the_somali_republic_federal_or_decentralized_unitary_state.aspx

I can recommend everyone to read it. And I am sure Abdirizaaq Xaji Xusseen's words have no ill intentions other then to warn us , guide us and advice us. In fact his suggestion of a decentralized unitary state, is a combination and best of both worlds. strong local and regional governance structure without Somalia being paralyzed by "federal states". This could be the compromise between central unitary state and federalism. Remember most countries in the world have this kind of structure, even some who carry the name of federalism.

Mario B   

Paragon;824808 wrote:
Lol At lease I haven't know Faroole selling off a chunk of Somali territory.

Faroole is a stealth secessionist but you wont know what that means.:P

Somalia   

Mario B;824819 wrote:
Faroole is a
stealth secessionist
but you wont know what that means.
:P

Faroole is right to be a "stealth secessionist". What's left if this road map fails, you think we will let moryaan set us back another 21 years? Even I won't be against secession if it fails and let the south become a trusteeship.

Paragon   

^Carafaat, I appreciate your concerns sxb but don't get me wrong. What we are dealing with here is what needs to be done versus how things ought to be. They say the realists deal with the world 'as it is' while the idealists dream of the world 'as it ought to be'. I perused through the link you've given me and all I have seen is a dreamers' writ. And a whiff of nostalgia.

The reality is tough and so the solution must be equally tough.

Samafal;824803 wrote:
When you see secessionists worried and bothered about this constitution you sense there must be something up. A close family member has just came back from Hargeisa and said they are talking a lot about the constitution and what it will mean for them. You can call secessionists whatever you like but they are not dabaal they really understand that the game in the playground is nearly over.

Who's more worried than the one preoccupied with somaliland on every page when is not even the issue at hand!