Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Dastuurka Qabyada Waa Sax ee Ha la Baasiyo

Somalia   

@Samafal

There's 3 types of secessionists.

There's Saalax or AfricaOwn, who see nothing less than the "Republic of Somaliland". They want nothing to do with the south and can't wait to get the hell away.

There's Xaaji Xunjuf, who doesn't want to abandon the Somali cause politically, so he wants to be involved politically in hindering the people he sees as his enemies.

Then there's Carafaat, he's the one espousing unity but has the same ideology as Carte Qaalib and other men that failed in trying to bring unity among southern clans. So he wants to ruin it for others.

That's the way I see it.

Carafaat   

first of all I am against secession. And I want one Somalia in the world.

Second, I dont want `to save southerners`. I belief that our destiny is interwined and its in the benefit of us all to find a solution for our common proplems. what happens in Muqdisho does effect Somaliland and what happens in Djibouti affects all the economy of Hawd. Our region has no economical, political nor social borders. People and animal cross move interregional. Only borders that exist is in our mind.

Clan federalism will never work in Somalia it was introduced in 2003 and in 2012 there is only 2 and a half regions in the north of the country who are calling the loudest for clan federalism while the rest doesn't even care and if they do they declare a sub sub clan state.

Secessionists and co are teaming up to hold Somalia back. Time has come to hold the spoilers of Somalia's progress accountable and ensure that they do not succeed in preventing Somalia from regaining its dignity and statehood.

We all know the middle regions will not agree on one clan state the result of clan federalism is that there are 3 sub clan states in galguduud the same with the juba regions.This is a problem for Somalia that's not all they suggested to divide hiiraan into 2 regions hadaan la is dabo qabaan ,dignity of statehood ma jirayso Xiinfaniinow.

Adeer dont worry about middle regions. They will ultimately realize that their interest lies in accepting temporary political arrangements to transition the country from the current status. Yours is a desperate measure to confuse the issues as you mistakenly think Somalia's problems will benefit you.

Dr_Osman   

Xinfaanin, the reality is seccessionist are bad yes but centralists are even worse. Never forget that!!! Centralists policy is to keep everything in hamar and let everyone rott away, at least with seccession they are not trying to keep the rest of the nation down and out. Even though they're both horrible policies that are not workable in Somalia the only solution is federalism.

Federalism answers all the worries of the somali people. If a Puntlander was put on the Somalia podium to promote the benefits of federalism to Somalia it would be similar to this;

1. All somalis regardless of region can form a government if they have 2 or more regions.

2. Federalism will lead to a Somalia at peace with herself. No more fighting for power over mogadishu(seat of the govt) This policy will save millions of somali peoples lives from being lost in the ensuing battles that can ensue if a central govt is established in mogadishu. It's already happening now as a federal govt it will be alot worse and more actors involved if it was a central govt.

3. Federal states will allow for internal competition between the somali people. Competition leads to better services for our people. Isn't better having universities, hospitals, factories and job opportunities all around the nation rather then all in one city?

4. Federal Somalia means power is returned to the states and people. Dalku hamar keliya ma aha and it needs to be based on states rather then 4.5 iyo tribe.

5. Federalism provides damage-control. If mogadishu collapses that won't mean the nation will collapse and recovery will be alot easier then if it was a central state. Plus remember in today's somalia waxa lagu jira recovery mode therefore this buffer is crucial to gain people's confidence.

6. This Federalism program can be be sold to all somali stakeholders without coming off as sounding clan based, tribally minded, gumeysi doon, terrorist based, etc. We can go to baydhabo and say "you guys originally came up with this excellent system and we would like you to support it" considering what happened in baidoa and its history I am sure they will. Same goes for hargeisa we can say "listen guys the nation wuu burburay and it was destroyed because of somalis. We know somaliland must exist and we support that idea. Somaliland existence working in the spirit of Somalia is all we ask of you". We can go to mogadishu and say "listen guys 20 years ppl have been fighting over hamar, rather then have the pie all in one city and cause war why not spread the pie around the nation so everyone get some in their own home city. This will lead to a mogadishu at peace with herself"

Runta haday timaado sxb, Federalism is the only workable solution for the somali people. The people who reject IT are not considering the national interest but clan interests. If they have a better way let them bring it to the table but at the same time that solution must answer all the somali ppl needs and not just their own clan's need. It needs to factor in all the environmental variables in modern day somalia and also show how to it can be used for the betterment of the nation whilst also ensuring damage control if something goes wrong with it.

If they can do that they have a system that can rival federalism, if they don't awoowe maad dhibka naga daysid iyo mucaradnimada dalkaga ayaa ku sugayo ee aanu dhisano.

Xaji xunjuf hates federalism because deep-down he knows it's the most realistic policy for the somali people today and it's a hard system to beat when it's put up head-to-head against other competing systems in somalia

Dr_Osman   

Xinfanin of course I support the constitution to be passed and may it be passed because it will be historical day. A day where Somalia has an official constitution no more transitional, no more where it can be changed. It is PERMANENT system of Somalia and any leader existing or aspiring in the nation will need to play within the confines of this legal framework. Infact Siilanyo tried to get in now with this opportunity(fursad) of securing recognition for somaliland before this historical day happens of passing the official constitution for the next 1000 years of somalia". Now however It will be virtually impossible for somaliland to get recognition from any government in Somalia without parliament approval(the whole nation) to amend key articles.

Before this there was no official constitution but a transitional one which really means temporary so technically speaking you could come in and change it at whim like abdullahi yusuf did with the "tng of ina salad to tfg of yusuf". It wasn't a stable system and could be comprised anytime.

Please note: Cali-dheere is threatening to chop heads off on this historical day because he knows what this means for the nation once it is ratified this CEMENTS federalism for the SOMALI people for the next 1000 years. No more negiotations, no more I want a different system for Somalia and blah blah blah. Everyone will play by federal rules or go to hell..

UZTAAD   

Dr_Osman;824678 wrote:
before this historical day happens of passing the official constitution for the next 1000 years of somalia". hell..

looool

Paragon   

Lol@Carafaat. Sxb aniga iyo adiga in kastoon isku si wax u rabno: midnimada iyo wanaagga Somaliyeed, hadana we're on two irreconcilable paths. I see federalism and the draft constitution as a step forward. Yet you want to pull us back into the old quagmire of my clannish dichotomies. I want to usher in law and order, you wish to disturb that process. The problem is you cannot tell me that the mentality of 'my clan interests against yours' is the operative logic yet try to tell me 'don't mind that, let's have same old centralism'. We must first contain - as in unitary containment of the infections of the clan - and then cure the sick in good time and space, then reunite the units to form a federal whole. Its the little details that require a great deal of attention. Laba qof markay isku buuqaan you seperate them in order to cool off and come to their senses. Now the same is the case with Somalis.

This issue of who gets what will become clear once the dust settles. And there is no need to rush at all. We should all the situation we're in to run its full natural course. This is because the reason why we are currently talking about constitution is that the situation has come to ahead and then the need naturally arose to solve the problems we have. And what is the biggest obstacle we have now? Hastiness and lack of vision. So folks calm down and don't expect everything to be solve overnight. If you dont calm down then we shall be back to scratch all over again.

Miyir.

Carafaat   

Paragon, there is no animosity between the Somali people. They can work together irrelevent of clan diffrences. If they can do that in a 4.5 Parlement, for sure they can do that in regions, city's across the country.

The Somali people have been dominated, divided and abducted by clan warlods who have their own personal intentions. I support strong (democratic) regional goverment who can guarantee the safety and security of the people. And the only thing Federalism would do is create official clan fiefdoms run by the same warlods, this time wearing suits and claiming souvereignity and independence and want to dictate the national instutitions using "federal states". More Faroole's in the rest of the country and 4.5 turpo. No thank you. I rather formulate a higher ambition and a better alternative.

Carafaat   

xiinfaniin;824671 wrote:
Adeer dont worry about middle regions. They will ultimately realize that their interest lies in accepting temporary political arrangements to transition the country from the current status. Yours is a desperate measure to confuse the issues as you mistakenly think Somalia's problems will benefit you.

Nice try, to play the secessionist card. But you seem to stand alone, Xiin. Even the President and former PM reject it. :D

nuune;824700 wrote:

There are dozens of others similar to that, hebel rejected ......................