Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Dastuurka Qabyada Waa Sax ee Ha la Baasiyo

UZTAAD   

According to the new constitution they have taken presidential system where people will directly elect the president and vice president and the position of pm is eliminated. So is this good choice? To parliamentary system was better because the power was divided between the pm and the president. Now all the power is concentrated at the hands of president while the vice president is given a negligible authority. In my opinion this may lead to misuse of power and dictatorship.

Carafaat   

Paragon;824444 wrote:
So many years ago, I made my postion on federalism clear: I want it, welcome it and will uphold it. Why? Because its the confused and condensed nature of 'strong-man' centralised rule and power that
actually
creates wars. For a nation that is not known to have mastered the best of socio-political and administrative organisation and maintenance, each tuulo must be given the time and space they need to learn to settle their matters - without external pressure or influence.

I endorsed the constitution, period. I eagerly welcome the talks between the TFG and Somaliland. I condone those who put obstacles before the talks.

Many yearts ago while in discussion with London solers and libaax who was visiting on future socio-political arrangements of Somalia, I suggested that the very clan must be legally codified into law, and made to account for the membership of each individual within it. Tax collection and law and ordinance implimentation should become enbolded and transparent.

The truth is if you leave each clan to itself what you will find is that psychologically, the very competitive sensation which clannists exhibit that leads to tension simply disappears And familiarity and boredom usher in such change. Count them, tax them and rule them by their own clan's written by laws and within a short period of time they would cry out in desperation for the
trivial intrigues
and uncontrolled commotion of centralised power. They know they can hide within throngs and have their shady deals. Chaos and
dhac dhac
is the curse of the ill-grown and illiterate Somali psyche.
Dawa ya moto ni moto
, the Swahili say, now the cure of clan is through the introduction of stringent and ordered form of clanism.

Ninkii waxar waydiinteeda kugu dhiba, wadiddeedaa lagu dhibaa adeer

Imagine your sub clan/state support Federalism and imagine my clan/state all opposide it.:D

And just imagine you would win and Federalism would be introduced because of your resourcefull PM, Because my clan-Minister was not alert. Naturally, my clan/State would denounce the new Federal system.

While your says its been an transparent proces. We pick up arms. And because my Minister who is Accountable to his clan happens to be Minister of Defense and makes sure I have the biggest guns.

What to do? Give up federalism or figth?

Adeer ya nala kala saariya hadaa qabiilkii wada institutions laga dhigay? Umadiina lagu yiri qofkasta qabiilkiisa u taliya.

Somalia   

The reason why Carafaat, Xaaji and the rest of the secessionists are supporting the failure of federalism and especially the constitution is because if it fails, Somaliland will secede.

There's no doubt about it and now people are speculating that Puntland will secede too. I don't blame Puntland for seceding, 21 years of introducing a system of governance to what can only be described in kind 'a differrent' people has been a waste of time and brought the region to its knees.

Now there's an alliance coming between the secessionists and warlords to make sure it fails, and I am thinking it will fail. The result will be the secession of Puntland, and southern Somalia in a trusteeship.

Carafaat   

An alliance of two states is allowed according Federalism. They don't have to be divided all the time. In fact they can attack when Puntland tries to secessede. Somaliland can be in Garowe in less then then 15 minutes and you know how close Baraxles is to Galkacyo and from Galgala Sheick attam can attack Bosasso. Khatumo, Goldogob, Makhir, Rascaseyr will be neutral in this. All hope is then on the Qandala boys, who I suspect will look other way, so they can overtake and dominate Bosasso and kick out Qardho boys from Bosasso in the future.

Ceesh calaa federalism. Lama kala dhamaniyo. :D

Somalia   

Yes, Puntland which hasn't been touched once in the civil war will suddenly get invaded by a force that can't dispel a few militiamen in Buhoodle.

Stop dreaming. You want nothing but misery for the people, it's funny how you didn't object to my statement at all.

Carafaat   

Sxb, read and think about what I wrote. Its meant as a sarcastic extrapolation of an unwanted situation that can occur with 'federalism'. Just to proof you that federalim can cause inter-clan and States fighting, which already in exist in Somalia and one needs a strong central goverment to uphold the law, prefent or solve States fighting. And I really dont think a weak central goverment can solve a situation between 'states' like I described. Cause the power lies with the States.

So don't wish for federalism in Somalia sxb.

Somalia   

It hasn't caused ANYTHING yet, however what you are proposing has caused 20 years of civil war.

That's why you don't want peace, waa xaasidnimo la arkin. I am telling you, if the constitution fails, Somalia will be divided up, mark my words.

21 years, Carafaat, 21 years, the kid that was 9 years old is now 30. The same people are being an obstacle today like they were since 1991. Enough is enough.

Samafal   

This Carafaat guy is funny, in every post he is dividing up Puntland into mini clans and non for his clan fiefdom. Tells alot about what is in his mind. War xaasidnimo meel laguma gaaro adeer,

About federalism and centralism, both of them have their pros and cons and no one can say the other will/will not cause civi war. It all depend Somalis and how they uphold the rule of law and stop overreacting with vengeance on every little thing.

Carafaat   

Samafal, I haven't divided Puntland in to Ras Caseyr, western Puntland, Khatumo iyo Makhir. It's a result of clan thinking. And its what Federlism will do with Somalia, more dividions in to to sub-clan states. Like an onion disected layer for layer.

Even those guys in Ximan, Gamudug, SWJ understand now that its better to work together in to a bigger admin, cause this clan think has no. Value for the people.

Carafaat   

Somalia;824511 wrote:
It hasn't caused ANYTHING yet, however what you are proposing has caused 20 years of civil war.

That's why you don't want peace, waa xaasidnimo la arkin. I am telling you, if the constitution fails, Somalia will be divided up, mark my words.

21 years, Carafaat, 21 years, the kid that was 9 years old is now 30. The same people are being an obstacle today like they were since 1991. Enough is enough.

Somalia is already didived, sxb. Don't know what division you expect more without the constitution?

Somalia   

Carafaat;824527 wrote:
Somalia is already didived, sxb. Don't know what division you expect more without the constitution?

No, there's the TFG where we all meet. You want the TFG to fail for your secessionist state to go, and if it fails Puntland will leave with you, that's what you fundamentally do not understand.

Carafaat   

TFG has failed. From august on a new central admin will take charge. Give it a chance and I am sure it will be do much better when we all work together for a common cause. Instead of being paralyized by States and competing clans. Somaliland's case has nothing to do with federalism or power of State vs central goverment, neither with allocation of resources. I doubt Puintland will go anywhere if Somaliland engages with TFG.

Somalia   

There won't be another administration is the road map fails, and the constitution is part of the road map. If Somaliland engages TFG no one will care, cause it will want its secession, I don't know if you are still living in dreamland or playing with me.

Do not doubt Puntland's intentions, Faroole made the constitution sound like that of a nation for a purpose. It will be the only option. Puntland has been the only ones in 21 years looking to establish a fair government in Mogadishu, all other attempts failed and we managed to get the TFG through hell for it to succeed.

No other entity in Somalia has devoted peace more than Puntland, I challenge you to that. People have had enough and if this constitution which they can't even point out which parts are bad, there's no reason to be in what's known as Somalia. I'd be the last person to float with secession but it is looking like an option to many.

Samafal   

Carafaat;824525 wrote:
Samafal, I haven't divided Puntland in to Ras Caseyr, western Puntland, Khatumo iyo Makhir. It's a result of clan thinking. And its what Federlism will do with Somalia, more dividions in to to sub-clan states. Like an onion disected layer for layer.

Even those guys in Ximan, Gamudug, SWJ understand now that its better to work together in to a bigger admin, cause this clan think has no. Value for the people.

Same can be said about your clan fiefdom, it’s divided into Awdalland, Burco and even parts of Hargeisa and Berbera declared their own state other day. Burco is divided into two clans, Beesha waqooyi and Beesha Bari. The clan mentality is rife in your fiefdom and everything is based on clan, but you have the audacity to come here and lecture us about clan federalism. Sxb charity starts at home, so before you talk about Puntland look closer to home.

Federalism has not been implemented yet, so for you blaming Somali division on federalism is ludicrous. Something cannot be a failure before it e even started. The current grievances clans have against Puntland and Somaliland, the two administrations working in Somalia, has existed and will exist whether we have a central government or federal government. It’s about scarce resources and justice, two things we Somalis don’t have in abundance.

Carafaat   

Sxb, have you ever tried to lift your shoes while you have them on and stand on it? It won't work. Cause your body weight puts the shoes firm against the ground, while your try to lift them up with with your weight.

That's the situation you are describing, if one wants to build a central goverment and at the same time wants power to be controlled on State level. You get two opposing forces pulling both the other way. Wish will result in to no change of current state.

In almost all federal countries. States came together and gave some power to a federal goverment. In Somalia peoole came together to form and central admin. And at the same time "states" were" trying to take power away from central admin.