Sign in to follow this  
The Zack

Our Position on the war on Khatumo

The Zack   

NGONGE, lool yes that is enough. Even though you spoke with SL arrogance, you are still against the war. The latter is what is important.

Xaaji, I am sorry you already told us your position, you are for forcefully occupying Khatumo even if lives are being taken. If you want to change position, you will have to tell us that in a better way than "I am co signing what somebody else said".

The Zack   

Che he said Khatumo is going to end on its own way no need to attack, I read that as against the war even though he is trying to despise a whole community.

^It's not Khaatumo project that's the issue. Who knows that might indeed end in failure but what is troubling is NGONGE's belief that one population is somehow more justified and competent in pursuing their cause while the other can be coerced or wooed while bullets are being sprayed at them.

The zack i am against war but that does not mean if Ciidanka qaranka is attacked they should not be allowed to shoot back i call for an immediate ceasefire though on both sides.

NGONGE   

Che -Guevara;782293 wrote:
^It's not Khaatumo project that's the issue. Who knows that might indeed end in failure but what is troubling is NGONGE's belief that one population is somehow more justified and competent in pursuing their cause while the other can be coerced or wooed while bullets are being sprayed at them.

Keep speaking for me, adeer. :D

Zack, what is arrogant about stating the obvious? Now I know that your sympathies lay with Khaatumo but that should not mean that you discard your sense, saaxib. Is it arrogant to state that SL is better equipped and has the bigger army? It is twenty years old whilst the other is simply days old. Wax fahan.

As for the nonense that Che is spouting above dee waa iska nonesense. I weigh and measure situations then go with what makes sense the most. I have looked at Khaatumo and looked at the Khaatumo supports and considered the history of Khaatumo before concluding that it is nothing but a flash in the pan, saaxib. If the Khaatumo supporters can't aknowledge the presence of a sizable number of their kin on the SL side and would rather dismiss it as "one or two mercenaries", if when they eventually sit down and create a state they choose a president and two vice presidents (though I have not seen anything explaining that part and it looks to me like THREE presidents), why do you expect me (or even yourself) to conclude that such a state would last for six months, saaxib?

I am not privy to what goes on in Khaatumo itself or the inner workings of that state, but I can already see that lots of cracks have been pepered over and lots of temporary compromises made. How long do you think this will last? Why then should I not believe there is still hope of selling the SL project to that lot? Bal wax sheeg, saaxib.

The Zack   

NGONGE,

The khaatumo clan sat down and decided to discuss what they really want to do with their state, the garaads, the issimo, the culimaa were there. They decided whatever they decided. It's up to them it it works or fails, the concern we have here is simple. One clan doesn't tell another clan what to do with their towns. Why is it difficult the SL clan to understand that simple logic. These people have spoken and they have spoken very clear and loud, they don't want to have anything with SL. There are some of them that are still in hargeisa and what so but you and I both know where the majority stand .

The arrogance part of yours is obvious, you implied the Khatumo people are inferior and are not capable to have and manage their own state. If SL did it, what makes you think that Khatumo can't? Keep in mind this community is now more united than they have ever been.

Carafaat   

The arrogance part of yours is obvious, you implied the Khatumo people are inferior and are not capable to have and manage their own state. If SL did it, what makes you think that Khatumo can't? Keep in mind this community is now more united than they have ever been.

Sxb, dont give to much credit for beesha dhexe. Somaliland is and was the creation of many diffrent folks or clans. SNM cant claim it alone and they know that.

NGONGE;782306 wrote:
they choose a president and two vice presidents (though I have not seen anything explaining that part and it looks to me like THREE presidents), why do you expect me (or even yourself) to conclude that such a state would last for six months, saaxib?

They are three presidents sxb .... each one holds for 6 months. The whole thing is for 18 Months long ,,, :D

Liibaan   

Che -Guevara;782282 wrote:
^NGONGE is not against the war, he just wants to win it on his terms while hoping to woo the very people perishing in this war whose aspirations he mocks.

It's not Khaatumo project that's the issue. Who knows that might indeed end in failure but what is troubling is NGONGE's
belief that one population is somehow more justified and competent in pursuing their cause while the other can be coerced or wooed while bullets are being sprayed at them.

well said che, NG & XX believe they can force SSC/Khaatumo people to be part of Somalidiid-land Clan Enclave.

Dervish   

We are thinking outside the box unlike other Somali groups. We're giving people a chance to make a difference in the community, if dull people want to see it as 3 presidents that's them. Khaatumo is here to stay, somaliland as a sovereign state does not exist. Only in the minds of their clan.

NGONGE   

The Zack;782322 wrote:
NGONGE,

The khaatumo clan sat down and decided to discuss what they really want to do with their state, the garaads, the issimo, the culimaa were there. They decided whatever they decided. It's up to them it it works or fails, the concern we have here is simple. One clan doesn't tell another clan what to do with their towns. Why is it difficult the SL clan to understand that simple logic. These people have spoken and they have spoken very clear and loud, they don't want to have anything with SL. There are some of them that are still in hargeisa and what so but you and I both know where the majority stand .

The arrogance part of yours is obvious, you
implied the Khatumo people are inferior and are not capable to have and manage their own state. If SL did it, what makes you think that Khatumo can't? Keep in mind this community is now more united than they have ever been

Like I said, I understand that your sympathy lies with Khaatumo but I was asking you to engage your brain, saaxib. I gave the example of the three presidents. I hinted at the division evident with Khaatumo and I mentioned their kin that are in support of SL. You can call it arrogance if it makes you happy, saaxib. I call it common sense. As for your question about why aren't they capable to have and manage their own state, I'd say ASK THEM, not me.

However, if you want my answer, I would say it is becuase they ALL want to lead and not many want to follow (case in point: THREE PRESIDENTS). Wax fahan.

The Zack   

NGONGE, I think we will agree to disagree on many things here. We can discuss that another day on another thread.

This thread asks people to declare their position on the recent SL aggression on Khatumo. You declared your position, you are against it and that is good to know. The reasonings can vary.

STOIC   

Ngonge there is nothing arrogant about what you stated.You just stated the obvious.Without risking to oversimplify the complexity of the historicaL process between the two communities it seems that Somaliland state is way ahead.But astonishingly enough, some in here want to convince us that newly formed state is in same league with twenty year old Somaliland.When the community in question see-sawed betweenSL and PL its hard to take them serious. The anger and bitternes of the supporters on that state doesn help it either including the instigators from other region.Anything resembling a clear cut military victory is possible with SL army but that is not going to help the contours SL has to navigate to win the hearts and minds of the people