Bredtner

In

Karim Benzame (urgently)

Philip Mexis

Hatem Ben Arfa

Need to Keep Urgently

Flamini

N.O.R.F   

A cruel way to go out but the Anfield effect has stunned another team and another referee :D

Bring on the Blues,,,,,,,,,,,,

Oz   

balalalakka_get27555.jpg

Michael Ballack celebrates his first minute goal that shifted the tie Chelsea's way..

Chelsea were in the groove and every attack promised to punish the Turks further.

adabatyororocess_ge20555.jpg

Emmanuel Adebayor and Cesc Fabregas show the pain of bitter defeat,it was hard to swallow

Notherner, what you guys did was unacceptable, if only Cesc Fabregas was a tall guy the header from Sami Hyypia's wouldn't go through and that was the turning point of the match.

gerererer_empssp41222.jpg

I would point fingers at phillepe Sendros for he caused two goals very bad marking and he gave Fernando Torres too much room when he scored a Scorcher.

Why do Liverpool do good in the Champions league?

nuune   

I would like to hear from the folks who were saying Liverpool won't make to the second round of CL, look where they are now!

It is a European night, and not Premeir League afternoon, that is the difference guys, you only go there with experience and nothing else.

Feel sorry for the Gunners, trhey deserve something, but next time they should display more quality football.

And now, time dismantle the Russians smile.gif

N.O.R.F   

My take on the game?

Arsenal need to realise the game is for 90 mins and not the first 20.

It was a stunning opening by Arsenal who came out with intent. Rafa got his tactics wrong in that LFC were out-numbered in the middle and Gerrard was a passenger playing on the left wing. Arsenal didn’t extend their lead and when LFC equalised Arsenal just froze (same as last week).

LFC dominated from then on with Arsenal enjoying some patches of possession. Torres scored a stunner but I was surprised he was given the room to maneuver a shot.

When Arsenal equalised the first thing I did was look at the time. 7 mins left. Plenty of time I thought to myself and we got the penalty within a minute! SG – BANG! Get in my son!

I was jumping around the place shouting my head off!

Saw the game in a great atmosphere with Ngonge, Hunguri and a few others.

PHAT!

Fabregas   

I was celebrating the Arsenal Goal and then I turn around then it's a plenty......dman refree

@Toure, Senderos has to go or at least on the Bench.....he's been a bit suspect since day one, no pace......rash clearences etc....

But Bendter is a talented Youngster he will improve...

Eboue is also a good player.....maybe not good nuff for da 1st eleven

I don't think Arsenal need to make that many signings.... maybe a center back will do and goalkeeper will do

Benzema is staying @ Lyon for a while and I don't think Arsenal need him

The Future midfield looks class: Helb, Fab, Flamini and Theo....... just give them time mate

and the strike force is good nuff......Adebayor has been doing all the work lately.....but when Eduardo...Van Persi come back they'll contribue more goals.......no point buying when u have two class strikers......like Eduardo and Van Persie...

N.O.R.F   

Eboue is good but he lacks that last bit of poise/quality Walcott has.

A bunch of Arsenal fans turned the TV off by accident celebrating the equaliser only to turn it back on and see SG lining up for the penalty LooooL

Skipper   

They say "Form is temporary and class is permanent" Liverpool were/are the most classiest team in England and are no doubt are up there with Ac milan, Real madrid and not to mention Barcelona when it comes to the most successfull team in Europe. However Arsenal were ordinary team before a certain guy called Arsene wenger came along, thanks to him arsenal are now considered to be amoung the top 4 team in england. Eboue and sendoros let alone the first team they would even struggle to win a place in the reserve team of liverpool.

Turning up into a big game in champions league and up against the masters of the tournement and only playing for 20 minnutes aint not gonna win you games. Fabregas complained before the game that liverpool refuse to play and are more defensive bla bla bla. But liverpool were anything BUT defensiv last night.

ps: Is there anyone who can enlighten me with russian vocublaries?

SoMa_InC   

Asalaam Aleykum Brothers?

Arsenal team were unlucky but Arsene Wenger is a joke! How can he expect to play the same 11 each and every game of the season? You could see Fabrigas was mashed up last night, tired as hell. I wonder how Sendros is captain of Swiss Team, he is laughing stock. All in all, as a Chelsea Fan, I would have prefered Arsenal in the Semis but bring on the Kop, we are going to chop them down this time. I hope I dont eat my own words come the 30th April. :D

As for AS Roma vs Man Utd game, De Rossi was the culprit. The penalty miss was the decider!

Man Utd vs Barca game will be great to watch, I hope Man Utd gets trashed and they end up trophyless this season as I expect Arsenal to deal with them on Super Sunday.

As much as I love Chelsea, I do not want Avram Grant to win anything this season. I hate that guy with passion. :mad:

BOB   

Originally posted by Northerner:

Where is BOB?

Salam Aleikum W.W

My brother North...Like I told you I didn't watch and missed both matches but thanks to PVR I could've...if I wanted to that is but once I found out that we were bundled out of the Champions League by an inferior team, I decided not to waste my time but I saw the highlights and I wasn't pleased with what I saw. I must admit that...However, Congratulations ONCE AGAIN for kicking my two teams out of the prestigious champions'league...but you finally met your match in Chelsea and I've got a bad news for you mate...First match will be played in Anfield...unlike the previous two times that you beat Chelsea...so Bye Bye Boring Boring Liverpool. :D

I don't like to criticize players but I believe Sanderos and Bendtner are not good enough to play for a team like Arsenal...I said before that I rated Djourou highly and I always believed that he was a better marker than Sanderos and I'm sure he would've marked Hyypia and Torress better than Sanderos did...

in my opinion Arsene Wenger again got it wrong...why not play Eboue right back and let Walcott play so Toure could play his usual center back and why wait until they scored their second goal to make a sub? I don't know how many of you watched African Cup of Nations but when Flamini got injured I would've put on Alexandre Song instead of Gilberto...as much I like Gilberto...I think Arsene Wenger destroyed him and you can see that he lacks confidence...but in Song you got a young energetic player who's strong and fast just the way Arsene prefers his midfielders to be and one more thing...I would've played Van Persie from the start...I don't care if he's not 100%...I will always take 5 minutes of Van Persie over 120 minutes of Bendtner... smile.gif

Benitez got it wrong...but the lady luck bailed him out...I can't see how he can expect Crouch and Torress to form a good partnership and they were both ineffective most of the game and had it not been Sanderos' gift to Toress they would've remained anonymous...what's the name of that Icelandic center back? he seems to be a good prospect and a good reader of the game...mark my words he will go far...

Once again my money is on Chelsea to dump this boring mean machine called Liverpool and i expect United to beat toothless Barcelona...I hate to say it but I'm afraid it looks like it's going to be Man Utd's year....I hope and pray that I'm wrong. :D

Peace, Love & Unity

nuune   

Once again my money is on Chelsea to dump this boring mean machine called Liverpool

Sxb Bob, wlcme back niyahow, soo ta lagu waayey, Liverpool markey marshada u gashantahay unbaad duurka gashaa, hal maalin liverpool hadii la cuno, adoo haadaayo aa imaanee smile.gif

Welcome back sxb, we missed you analayes :D

N.O.R.F   

Bob, you should have watched the 2nd lag saxib. Liverpool were anything but boring after they scored the first. The thing with Arsenal is that they don't know how to react when they lose a goal. They just seem to fold. Evidence - Chelsea and Liverpool games recently.

I think Wenger got it wrong the other night.

Chelsea? Bring them on is the roar from Anfield whilst its just a squeek from Stamford Bridge. After Inter and Arsenal LFC fear no one.

Where is Mr 187????

BOB   

Originally posted by nuune:

Liverpool markey marshada u gashantahay unbaad duurka gashaa, hal maalin liverpool hadii la cuno, adoo haadaayo aa imaanee
smile.gif:D

That's where you're wrong...anyway don't worry sooner rather than later you wont see me around here as I have lost the desire to play the game never mind watching it...and before you jump on the wrong conclusion and say oh he's saying that because Arsenal this and Arsenal that...well believe it or not it has nothing to do with them but everything to do with going back to my roots if you know what I mean Sxb...after all I'm not as young as I once was and as knukcle head as I used to be..these days there's more to my life than football...but still I wish Liverpool all the best.

PS. My brother North...I know I should've but I just couldn't conjure up the energy to sit in front of the telly and watch a game which you already know how it ended...marka that's why I didn't watch it...I wont be watching the game on Sunday as well...I'm off to the Durban beach tomorrow Insha Allah for few days of relaxation and I will only come back home on Wednesday afternoon Insha Allah...I look forward to your texts (even if they're painfully baised against Arsenal :D )...Take Care Brother and be safe Insha Allah.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Where is Mr 187????

I'm right here bruv, been a little busy with exams coming up.

In terms of the Arsenal - Liverpool tie. I'm not gonna stand here and moan about penalty this or that. Football is fair, if you play better than the other team you win otherwise you rely on luck,which Liverpool seem to be getting everytime, but Lady Luck is like any other lady, she smiles at the better(handsome) team. Now, I'm not saying Liverpool are better, but they know what to do in these kinda games, you can't score a goal and a minute later concede, that is suicide in knockout ties.

I've been reading, not only on this site, but other sites also and it seems Arsenal fans are coming up with knee-jerk reactions. It's not all doom and gloom, we were destined for relegation this season but have over-achieved, taking into account the suqad septh, which seriously needs addressing, and losing your captain and star performer. The players responded in a great way, but they couldnt last the full distance. Wenger used this season as a guinea pig and said at the beginning "We'll see how far we go". Hopefully he'll see the problems and I trust him to make the right additions this summer as he always does. Notice the word additions not changes, this squad is very good, but needs boosting in some areas. By the way, Theo Walcott is looking a decent player compared to last season, that is definitly a plus and the arrival of Carlos Vela this summer who had a great season in La Liga with Osasuna. Some defensive additions required aswell, but probably not any big names knowing Wenger.

Bob, I disagree with you on Bendtner, this boy is a raw talent and he will develop, remember Flamini & Adebayor last season? Senderos, well he is back-up only in my eyes and he shuoldnt have played on tuesday, I agree with you that Eboue should have played right back but there werent enough midfielders available, he wanted to use Theo at the end to safe his energy n pace instead of getting tired during the 90 mins like the other players.