Sign in to follow this  
Keyz 1-8-7

Official Champions League thread - 2007/2008

BOB   

Originally posted by *BOB

i expect United to beat toothless Barcelona...I hate to say it but I'm afraid it looks like it's going to be Man Utd's year....I hope and pray that I'm wrong.
:D

in my opinion they deserved it especially Ronaldo, guys come on you have to admit that he was simply the best by miles and for that only I think he deserved to win both trophies...no striker can score 42 goals and Ronaldo did it and he's not even a striker...AMAZING.

back to the match...it was somewhat a reminiscent of 99 where Bayern Munich twice saw being denied by the bar and the post while they were still leading 1-0 only to end up losing 2-1 in the most painful and heartbreaking way in the history of the gam...and I'm afraid lightening struck twice for Chelsea as they hit the post (Drogba) and the crossbar (Lampard) only to end up losing on penalties...I know Utd created few great chances but you can't shoot straight at the keeper and claim you were unlucky...no no luck has nothing to do with it but hitting on the post and the bar while the goalkeeper was beaten...now that's unlucky.

The other point I would like to raise here is...after Alex Ferguson bullied, threatened and intimidated the Ref and this is something the whole world saw when the officials were walking back to the pitch after the half time break...the cameras caught Alex Ferguson saying something, in fact a lot of things to the ref and you could see from his body language that he wasn't paying any complimentary to the ref and after that the ref. was lenient towards them...that's my opinion anyway.

Drogba couldn't contain his frustration of failing to get the better of Vidic that's why he slapped him otherwise how do you explain such a childish reaction from the supposed match winner of the team? all I can say is 'I Understand My Brother' :D .

I'm convinced that had Chelsea played 4-4-2 and played Essein in Midfield and Baletti right back they could've exposed the weakest link in Man Utd defense who's without a shadow of a doubt Rio.

I would've sacrificed Makelele and Malouda for Anelka and Baletti...I know Grant thought that he couldn't contain Ronaldo but then again even Essien failed to contain him but what I would've done is ask Essien to double team on Ronaldo and help out Baletti and deny Ronaldo to get one-on-one opportunity with the right-back just like Gatusso of AC Milan did and when on attack Essien would've provided you that extra attacking option which Makelele can't and I'm sure he would've destroyed Utd midfielders with his power and energy which he has in abundance...Mekelele gave two of their midfielders bloody noses :D:D the ref. proved to the world that he wasn't going to have a good game when he unjustly booked Makelele...but then again I'm only expressing my opinion.

The commentator mentioned an interesting statistic last night when he said there are only 5 teams from the European capital cities that ever won the European Cup now known as the Champions league and I got four names but can't seem to figure out the last one and here are those that I got, Real Madrid (Madrid) Benfica (Lisbon) Ajax (Amsterdam) Steau Bucharest (Bucharest) so let's see if any of you can get the the other name.

PS. Congrats to Winger for the historic double. smile.gif

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

N.O.R.F   

^^Red Star Belgrade in 1991/2

Congrats to Man Utd but Chelsea were the better team. Bob, I agree that Essien should have been in the middle of the park. The ref was pro Utd and so were the bloody commentators!

Winger, how was your night? :D

WingA   

^^i bumped into suji aka mr roma in east london the night before and wished my team luck which was cool..

Man.. i had a wonderful night and all that beef i was having all season was finally laid to rest and to win it twice in my generation it feels amazing..

Seriously,How does Chelsea,stay on the top? they play horrible Ball. OK,i like the team,but seriously,if they need to stay in,they should play at least some fancy football.

Man U had the upper hand all along,they deserved the win. Really, Ronaldo & Tevez are cool and Hargreaves as well,and Park and Scholes oh well,the entire is good,really :(

Fabregas   

How were Chelse the Better team? That assumption is only based on the second half?United were far superior in the first half! I say both teams were equal and Tevez( in Particular) and Man Utd Should have been 3-1 up at time. Man Utd also deserve to win both the prem and title for their style of football!

SoMa_InC   

^^^^^^

I'm afraid lightening struck twice for Chelsea as they hit the post (Drogba) and the crossbar (Lampard) only to end up losing on penalties...I know Utd created few great chances but you can't shoot straight at the keeper and claim you were unlucky...no no luck has nothing to do with it but hitting on the post and the bar while the goalkeeper was beaten...now that's unlucky.

Skipper   

I dont support Chelsea but on the night they were beaten by unluckiness and not by the better team. UTD were on the back foot every time and like some have mentioned chelsea hit the post on countless times. Having said that i think utd have a legend in the making in christiano ronaldo, the british press like to bile wayne rooney as world class but he is nowhere near a being a world class. When man u bought him from everton at the age of 18, everyone thought he could be a classic player in the mould of thierry henry or fernnado torres but years later the evidence is there for everyone to see that he is just another ordinary player.