Sign in to follow this  
Keyz 1-8-7

Official Champions League thread - 2007/2008

Skipper   

Originally posted by Toure:

Ngonge you should know that history proves nothing Just like Milans record of never being beaten by a English team was shattered.

lads Liverpool is going to get knocked out and finnish 5th in the premiership. enjoy Eufa cup next season I hear Bayern Munich are having a field day there.

Toure i dont know how or where you get your informations from but you saying that milan never been beated by english team is (how do i put it) diabolical at best, that comment is a disgrace to football. Milan were beaten and outplayed by liverpool at the biggest stage in football, champions league final.

I wouldnt bet on liverpool being dumped out just yet adeer, Toure if you are a betting man i serously reccomend you to bet on 1.arseanl being dumped,2.man utd to be dumped before the big boys in the form of chelsea and liverpool.

Thierry.   

forgive me old chap i meant being beaten in San Siro.

unfortunatly I am not a beating man due to ethical reason or I would have been a millionaire. Liverpool European glory is over rated

Skipper   

Toure when a team has won the european cup for 5 times and been to many finals then i wouldnt say that is over rated. Champion is the right word i presume. If you were a betting man then you can either get extremely poor or very rich as you put it. Cheers mate. Dont forget to watch liverpool vs inter milan on tuesday, its going to be a cracker.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

Northerner,

Liverpool had the lady luck smiling shamelessly at them and Inter didn't...full stop.

Inter had three great chances before Liverpool got their one and only chance up until that moment and if you're honest you'll agree that before the red card Liverpool were always on the back foot and Inter were all over them so don't become like a certain Mourinho kicking his opponents when they are down...that's not what Football stands for...you got the better of Inter...fair enough and Congrats but don't say they are Over-rated or they're Primadonnas...the whole world knows that Ibrahimovic is a world class player and Cruz is usually a good finisher...far better finisher than certain Kuyt and Crouch and if you watch Serie A you'd have noticed it but like I said Inter didn't get the break they desperately needed and in the Champions League you need to get the rub of the green to stand any chance...for example a deflected shot going in...another hitting the post and going in...the referees making two huge mistakes in both legs...you know where I'm going with this? smile.gif

PS. it was nice of Inter hardcore fans to applaud for Liverpool fans...I thought that was beautiful...Northerner learn from Inter fans and give respect where it's due.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Originally posted by *BOB:

Nuune...Inter will skin you alive...I guarantee you this...Liverpool never faced tougher opponents than Inter...forget about Barca...last year with better strikers you could've thrashed them but Inter? they have the toughest defense in Europe and oh yeah they are the only UNBEATEN team in European top league. Inter to go through.

Barca to beat Celtic.

Chelsea over Olympiakos.

Man Utd over Lyon.

Real Madrid over Roma.

Fenerbahce over Seville.

Porto over Schalke.

Arsenal over Milan.

5 out of 8...isn't bad yeah? I hugely understimated Roma and they've proven me wrong as they out played Real...

Teams from the same league usually meet in the semis and not before that...will there be a change in the rule this year that 4 English teams made it to the Quarterfianls? anybody got news or heard anything on this subject please let me know. Thanks in Advance.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Peace, Love & Unity.

N.O.R.F   

Wa Alaykaum salaam Wa raxmatullahi Wa barakaatu Bob.

Inter had their chances but to be honest I have never been more comfortable watching a CL away leg in the knock-out phases. Call it experience from the past 3 years or so but Inter offered very little apart from flashes here and there. Our normal passing game wasn’t there (no Alonso) and we were playing on the counter. When you do that you invite pressure and that’s exactly what happened. LFC invited Inter to attack. Nothing new there when a team is 2-0 up in the 2nd leg. I really don’t care about the ref’s supposed mistakes as Italians have won many a trophy in the same fashion.

Ibrahimovic is over-rated. I havnt seen him do anything of note in big games. This is where names are made! The CL!

Liverpool fans are the best in Europe if not the world and everyone recognizes that. Even when they are on their way out to LFC they enjoy singing our anthem with emotions running high. Besides I’m a Juve fan.

NGONGE   

^^ Inter could have won both legs but they have a really rubbish manager. The man is really not fit to manage that team. Did you see how long it took him to use any subs (in both games)? Plus, it was clear that the player who got sent off was worked up and ready to make wreckless tackles from the first minute. Why did he not sub him after the yellow card? Why did he keep the former Arsenal captain on? It was clear he was past his best. Why did he only move Zenetti back to that position after the sending off? It was clear he had more influence there than his former place before the sending off! It really surprises me that Inter are dominating Italy with such a manager.

Anyway, my prediction remains. Lets hope for Grant's boys next. They always bring us luck. :D

nuune   

^^^^ lool am relying on Chelsea, we always eat them in the CL, hope we get them this time and skin them alive as Bob would say against us smile.gif