Sign in to follow this  
Keyz 1-8-7

Official Champions League thread - 2007/2008

WingA   

Man United to reach the final this term and play barcelona with henry and Dinho injured..haha.. nah, on the reals.. This is United's year...

Skipper   

W11 i suggest you go and check you neck upward. United glazers winning champions league????????????? is that some sort of a chinese dish served cold? inaabti you must be dreaming. The premeirship and champions league has liverpool name written on it. Nough said.

Sevilla were brushed aside after some cocky remarks from one of their players, Renato.

But more importantly, I come back from Taraweeh, put the news on and find that Jose Mourinho has been sacked by Chelsea. Even though I don't like the fellow, there's no denying he is a great manager. It has got to be the dumbest move of the Chelsea leadership by getting rid of a man who has done so much in such a short time. Maybe Roman was envious of Arsenal and told Jose to start playing great football because he was tired of just winning things normally, he doesn't know though that it takes patience for that to happen. It seems like chairmen want to get rid of managers as soon as things start to go even slightly wrong, there is no more faith in managers nowadays and loyalty seems rare nowadays on both sides, sad times.

On the bright side, my hometown Leicester FC let Nottingham Forest score a goal as a kind gesture after the original game was abandoned at half-time because LCFC player Clive Clark collapsed on the pitch. Forest could have let the game carry on, which they were winning 1-0, but agreed to postpone and in the replay were allowed to go 1-0 up. The idea was proposed minutes before the game by chairman Milan Mandaric. Sportsmanship is not dead yet

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

Guys let's sit back and enjoy the spectacle that's Arsenal Show...it's always vital for the confidence of the team to start well in any competition and when that conpetition happens to Champs league...beating your supposed rival of the group convincingly is what dreams are made of and did you know Arsenal are the first english team to beat Sevilla in 5 attempts?

Like I said one game at a time will do for me and who knows if we get lucky like Porto did couple of years back we might end up lifting the cup before the so-called pundits even give us the respect our play merits even if it's our first game of the competition.

I can understand why most of the so-called English pundits have a problem in giving Arsenal their dues but to be honest there's no single team in the world that can field only hoem grown players unless you're Athletic Bilbao and we all know how they fight with tooth and nails to beat the drop every season simply because they insist on fielding ONLY BASQUE players which in today's game is crazy as football has moved on since and you will always need outsiders to stand a chance of winning a domestic cups never mind international competition.

PS. Arsenal legend Titi finally got off the mark by scoring a tap-in which is not something you'd associate with him but goal is a goal...right? now that he scored his first goal...it's just matter of time before he starts banging 'em in. Good Luck Mr Vava Voom.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace,Love & Unity.

Skipper   

Fellas when it comes to Arsenal and i am asked to predict how high they will finish then there is only one answer to that quesion. Behind the fantastic 3. Had premiership been hollywood then Arsenal would have easily won an academy award for best comedy. I mean Arsenal will entertain you to the last minnute but when the times comes to win a trophy they are no where to be seen. Remember last year when they when out of the champions league, FA cup and carling cup in 11 days. Now that is a comedy. In comparison to Arsenal Jim Carrey will seem an all action actor like Bruce willis. Its ramadan so i will spare myself.

Afuur wanagsan to all

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

He's an Eskimo that used to play for Chelsea in the 50's and he's said to have been OBSESSED with Arsenal...He used to vent his frustrations on Arsenal everytime his beloved Chelsea failed to shine which in those days used to be happen quite often...marka are you Socod Badne? :D:D

Skipper...From Norway? Mmmhhh how come I've never met you when I came to Norway?

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace,Love & Unity.