Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Suxuur Spot

N.O.R.F   

Showqi;738382 wrote:
I never miss Suxuur iyo Afur. Waaba labada aan ugu jecelahay Soonka.

Very true. The sawm doesn't feel the same without suxur.

I'm becoming used to getting up at 3am. But I have to agree with those people who can't eat salty or savoury foods at that hour. I can only take sweet and liquidy foods like rice pudding, sareen or porridge. But I did have a nice cup of tea last night for the first time in 3 days. I actually want to quit tea altogether and hope to wean myself off this ramadan Insha'Allah.

Juxa, weigh that gold and count your savings dheh. Ha la maqlo dadoow.

-Lily-   

Val, why would you want to deprive yourself of one of the great pleasures in life? There is much joy in a cup of tea...Try Lady Grey if you haven’t already, so lemony and such a great taste, you just need water, no sugar, no milk and not too herbal like some other teas.

Redbush (lipton range) is naturally caffeine free and also very nice.

AYOUB   

Abu Salmaan, I do pray at Regents every now and then, but to claim it as my "local" would be nice. Soo ducay yaa sahbi.:) A houses in Jannah and St. Johns Wood for both of us, deal? My local masjid is south of the river, but they must have followed the baker street folks.

Speaking of Finisbury Park, why does the imaam of that masjid face visibly different Qibla from his congregation?

Aaliyyah, I had some yourgut with the usual, healthy soo maaha intaas? :)As for Lily's menu, that's more like desserts after the bariises!

amin bro; the area has bad sides too.

I hope you enjoyed the Mu'tamar in Baker st and follow that Dr advise to get as much direct exposure to the sun as possible; was just reading a great book about diseases and vitamin D/sun so was glad and surprised to find a Somali Dr preaching about that very crucial part in the midst of the muxaadaros.

-Lily-   

^^I think it is even more relevant to the sisters who cover up. That doesnt mean sun between 12 & 3 is still not harmful though.

^Well, covered or not, the minimal sunshine exposure may be from 30 mins (up to 2 hours may be optimal according to some calculations) for dark skins, on uncovered arms or legs and face (daily average; clouds, and even creams, pollution and high buildings limit the exposure).

Come to think about it we may as well be farming in Somalia or similar latitudes if we are serious about health.

Thus, it's almost a given that dark skinned, covered ladies will suffer defficiencies (even white people without gardens, regular countryside/outdoors/abroad trips can suffer serious deficiencies, particularly in the UK).

Is then Vitamins D pills for both males and females (5000 ui) a lesser evil as the Dr said?

Nina Fox   
I went to bed @ 11:30 pm and woke up @ 5am. Missing saxuur isnt important,,,,but missing my prayers & coffee was a gr8 disappointment :(

nuune   

Kildhi aad dabka saartey, adoo is leh ka soo deji dabka intuu kugu daatey ood sambariiraxatey af af ma u dhacdey oo bishinta fuqa hore dhan ma ku go'dey, xaley bey igu dhacdey, and couldn't eat anything, still I love that kildhi though in kastuu gaaja igu dilay, dhakhtar baan rabey inaan aado, kadib waxaan xasuustey daawo Soomaali, bishinta hadey wax kaa noqoto waxaad dul saartaa caleenta shaaha(halkaas oon is leeyahay ka yara dhuuq caleenta si aad xoogoow shaah uga heshid illeen kii caadiga aha amaba cabi karo), waa afur arrinkaas laakin.

Nina Fox   

Showqi;738607 wrote:
^ Horta qoladaadu ma Ethiopian baa? waa maxay Bunka aad u barooranaysaa!

ixii ixii ixii Lets just say if Coffee was a man, I'd ask his father Mr Bean for his hand in marriage. Our love story goes way back, ask Juxa

sambariiraxatey af af ma u dhacdey

My friend's halaqabsi is "Afka u dhac", you didn't come across her last nite, did you? hehehehe Sorry man, hope you aite.

N.O.R.F;738172 wrote:
Although it keep you going throughout the day laab jeex iyo haraad ba kugu dhici.

I tried it and I agree there is a tremendous amount of laabjeex.

Now I am running out of options. I never liked the sarreen thing. I'll stick with mushaali and water for suxuur till another compelling alternative shows up on this thread.

nuune   

Thanks Nina, cunto uma ciil qabo waayo bishintaan ka dakhranahey, hadhowti aa waxaa i sugeeso afartan subxaanyo oo yaruurac ah kuwaas oo u baahan inaan waxyar yara kuleeliyo sidii uuji/shurbad/mushaari/bulunqo camal aan rabaa inaan u cabo.

Showqi   

Nina Fox;738613 wrote:
ixii ixii ixii Lets just say if Coffee was a man, I'd ask his father Mr Bean for his hand in marriage. Our love story goes way back, ask
Juxa

Balo meesha wax walba waa lagu arki. JB baa halkan wuxuu ku soo dhajiyey nin barkimo guursaday, mid doonaya baabuurkiisii in uu guursado. Haye adigana ma Bunka lagaa haya iminka,,,:D:D:D

Aaliyyah   

Ayoub, lol@ yogurt with the usual..is the usual bariis iyo chicken :P...

Today I woke up like 20 minutes before fajr time, rather later than usual! I was super lazy for some reason..ended up eating laxoox with shaah..wasnt in the mood for borash..

salaam