Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Suxuur Spot

SJ   

I left Alberta because iftar is a bit after 10 p.m but the heat in Ontario is just ridiculous. So if you are soem where really sticky yacky have ice cream for sahuur.

lol@dooro-khaliifkeey. war habaar qabtada taa kuu karisay waa qolama?

NASSIR   

Suxuur lagama maarmo weliba markaad soomeysid 16 hours of scorching weather. lol. I was exhausted the first day. Hopefully, the rest of Ramadan days would make us very disciplined and conscious of our shortcomings.

Juxa   

It is very hard to sleep with full tummy, dhinacaad u seexataba caloosha will follow. I find very hard to eat for iftar or have sahuur, you see i hardly ever eat after 6pm.

but yesterday alhamdulilah was good, i made fruit coctail and soup for iftar, then had bit of casho and the rest was biyo, biyo, biyo and more biyo and of course my beloved aargalaan of coffee.

AYOUB   

Aaliyyah wax heavy la yidhah iska yar haddaad sifiican wax u calaalisid. Then again, gawsaha anigaiyo Oba kayaalin baad u bahan tahay. :)

-Lily-   

To avoid heart burn stay clear of heavy foods & especially fried stuff which has too much herbs added to it. Ramadan is about self-restraint, that includes after you afur as well.

Good Saxuur foods:

Yogurt with a tea spoon of flaxseed

Cereal/Weetbix with banana or berries

Porrige with Agave nectar

Toast / sandwich (light toppings)

Pancake with dates (malawax from earlier on)

Fruit with frozen yogurt or ice cream (it’s really hot at the moment)

Slice of plain cake and milk

Soup with a bun or slice of toast (if you’re very hungry)

Or at least that’s what I would eat if I ever woke up for saxur, the prayer & cup of tea and a glass of water if there is time is usually enough. I am always astounded that people can eat full meals at that hour of the night. People eating heavy afur/saxur are doing themselves no favours.

nuune   

^^ Who will eat all that, maybe Jinni Jinni dhaley

Ps: For those who want to stay fit for the whole day of fasting, stay away from suxuur if you are not in Africa or Arab countries.

-Lily-   

Nuune, not ALL of it in one go, only one at a time lol.

Yes no saxur works well when saxur time is 3 am.

nuune   

ehehe only one at a time ayaaba ka daran, well waxaan idin kugula talin laha dadkiina saacadaha iskaga qasmeen take suxuur and afur iyo wixii kaleba in one time at maghrib, and then you will be that monkey in Simpson's show who can't move a leg

The Regents Park mosque timetable convinced me as they said Ulamas in S.A rectified the old one (adopted around 85), suhur limit was at 3:38, so why I suspect Ayoub is not far from there lol

Of course, for optimal sleep and health, let's try to ban or limit caffeine (that includes teas and some drinks) as well as meals heavy on fats/meat or fried (porridge or at least wholemeal bread is great for suhur).

The dates/banana, salad/rice, reasonable portions at Finsbury Park Mosque striked me as a much more sensible routine, though my digestion and thus Tarawiih was made heavy by the sheer amount of water ingested (it may help to drink the rest of water one hour after iftar so not to dilute digestive juices too much).

One may drink milk/water and have dates/banana before bed in case you miss suhur...

-Lily-   

Why does Islam Channel say Fajir starts at 3:17 am and Regent's mosque 3:38? That's a whole 21 mins difference that people could be eating.

Juxa   

i dont like cereals, sareen, qamadi or every other bur-based food or porridge (reminds me of isbitaal food) but i do like lily's suggestions specially malawax with dried kalaankal/suqaar. yummy

for fruit, make shakes, mix strawberry, mango, apples, banana and very cold milk, no sugar. this is fantastic and almost a meal itself. it wont help the baruur either

ramadan is fantastic opportunity to tone up i think

^Unless the other one has stronger basis (unlikely), I prefer to follow the years long observation by the Ulamas/Central mosque Lily (I know its confusing sometimes).

^machine blending alter fiber structures and releases sugar readily, not a good routine for your fruits Juxa (just like other forms of processing); eg, grains are best and finely ground flour is equivalent to sugar (all those white breads and croissants act as bonanza for abnormal/pre-cancerous cells)...

-Lily-   

Hey I dont mind anyone who gives me 20 mins more to drink, and longer time to pray. Will see if I can convince the family.

I was reading about fat & cancer the other day, seems it's best to stick to greens and a bit of protein on the whole with some wholegrains making up a corner of your plate.

Juxa   

sugar from where? just the blending? hmmmm i will take a chance, it is the only way for me to have some fruit in. I will try maybe porridge to have some energy.

i am boycotting sanbuusa, bajiye etc this year! too oily and smells

^Some fruits are richer in sugar (mainly fructose, glucose); fibers slow sugar release though as long as its not machine blended or dried.

There is much misinformation around but natural fats not processed and in small amount (eg butter, well kept/fresh extra virgin olive oil, nuts) are good unlike the usual cooking oil, spreads etc (full fat Camel milk is staple but nomads are active/not driving).

Greens, particularly beans and pulses are full of proteins, so one needs very little meat if the rest is varied...