Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Suxuur Spot

Aaliyyah   

something completely random, I was just in a public washroom. And, as I was fixing my xijaab this lady comes out of the toilet and comes like really close to me and then goes "hey I am blind" where is the sink..and my heart just sank! walahi I felt like going in tears and i told her walk straight a bit more and she found the water n then she was like is there a paper towel and I am like no but theres the hand dryer and again I gave her the directions ...and after she walked out of the bathroom struggling I went into tears subhanalah..how many of us take our sight for granted !..one more thing to be thankful for!..

Aaliyyah;739346 wrote:
lol @ I live with her! ouch...now markay sareenka ku kariso maxay dhahada? ayeeyo qamandiga cun! LOL..

lool naah qamandi saasa ma cuno maybe thats why...

Aaliyyah   

neither do we, just Ramadan! but that still doesn't excuse you for not knowing sareen shame!..qamandi beel LOL Joking!

Juxa;739356 wrote:
Pucca I am with you mixure of water melon with honey melon and I am sorted!

Watermelon as in Qare & Xabxab?---gabdhow, maxaad cuntaan heedhe?

Juxa   

Diet not, never. That is the only way for me not to dehydrate. Been having trouble eating. I can't eat after 6, if I do I can't sleep, if I don't get sleep I won't function at work bla bla and may kill next person that yells objection.

Aaliyah yes, I work nin indho la. Every time I see him I feel envious siduu alle ugu dhagan yahay. He is cheerful, kind and full of Rahmah maasha Allah

nuune   

Just had my suxuur, hopefully will leave this crazy timing by tmoro and head off to the GMT timing zone, xagee lagu arkey waxan, my afur was exactly one hour ago, and now suxuur, maalintii koobaad ayba dhaantey 2 hours camal aaba u dhaxeesey, yaasiinka iyo burdaha

nuune;739392 wrote:
Just had my suxuur, hopefully will leave this crazy timing by tmoro and head off to the GMT timing zone, xagee lagu arkey waxan, my afur was exactly one hour ago, and now suxuur, maalintii koobaad ayba dhaantey 2 hours camal aaba u dhaxeesey, yaasiinka iyo burdaha

Doora kalifkeed?(MUUFOY MAC)

Nina Fox   

What is Sareeen?

Sareeen is Qamadi LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Walaahi waan qosleey. Its like one is speaking Yoruba and the other is responding in Xhosa.

Elaborate plss,,, Its Muesli or Barley,,,,,,,,,,right? Gotta be a seed.

Som@li   

Sareen is Barley

A source of B vitamins, vitamin E, and folic acid, barley seeds are also ground into flour for baking or processed for use as a cereal.Studies have shown that individuals with barley in their diet experienced reductions in their total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein (LDL - the bad cholesterol), or triglyceride levels. Additionally, barley may assist in weight loss because it acts as an appetite suppressant making people feel like they have eaten more than they really have. Barley seeds may also protect against colon cancer.

Som@li   

Some need few classes to bring up their culinary skills..

The other day i order Barley, and this dude got me wheat, they look very similar but are very different.

Barley Vs Wheat

Many ask the question ‘Is barley a type of wheat or vice versa?’ Well actually the two, although they are related, are two very different types of grasses.

Barley, scientific name Hordeum vulgare, likes to thrive during warmer seasons. That’s why it is often harvested during springtime and across summer whereas wheat, scientific name Triticum aestivum, is harvested during the start of winter or later part of fall. Obviously, wheat thrives best during cooler climates.

Barley is a yearly grass type that has blades with shorter ligules yet smoother sheaths. Barley’s leaf blades are erect but in a tufted manner. It has many uses. The most common of which is its use to procure cereals. It can also be used as a livestock fodder and more popularly to brew beer. For the latter, the more starchy barley is used while the ones utilized for food purposes are those that have a higher protein value.

Wheat is another grass grown annually which is characterized by its hollow rachis. It also has erect leaf blades like that of the barley but are flatter in shape. With regard to its use, wheat has a very high commercial value because it is usually grown for the grain it yields. This grain is a precious economic commodity in making breads, flour, livestock feeds and also alcohol. On top of these common uses, the wheat grass can also be used to make wheat baskets, carpets, paper and even bedding for cattle.

The two differ in other aspects. More alcohol can be made with barley, not wheat. The latter is also perceived as a less tough grass having a weaker taste than barley. In addition, whole grain barley is usually consumed because of its higher fiber content than whole grain wheat. Barley is much easier to use because it can be cooked whole like how you cook rice (as in the case of pearled barley) while wheat needs to be milled first before you can use it.

Nonetheless, the two also has some significant health concerns especially to those who have sensitivity to gluten like in Celiac diseases. People having such are advised not to consume either barley or wheat because of their gluten content.I want to do this! What’s This?

In Summary:

1. Barley thrives in warmer climates unlike wheat that favors cooler seasons.

2. Barley is more often used to make beer products than wheat.

3. Barley is a tougher grass, not to mention a stronger product than wheat in terms of flavor or taste.

4. Whole grain barley has higher fiber content than whole grain wheat.

5. Barley can be cooked whole while wheat has to be milled first prior to cooking.

wheat image by Artur Ciba from Fotolia.com

Read more: Difference Between Barley and Wheat | Difference Between | Barley vs Wheat