Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Suxuur Spot

Som@li   

I can't remember the last time i had Suhuur ,maybe it was in Africa, I can not be bothered to wake up in the middle of the night, and what is with Suhuur timetable, There is no timetable, just have some food and water 15-30 minutes before Fajr prayer.

what is this with all the fuzz and over reliance on mosque on everything? timetable for suhur, timeable to go sleep? :D

For me the toughest part is water, I feel very thirsty now, and of course coffee.

Som@li   

^I have not had suhuur for years, mate, and who said it is way before Jajr? fasting is from Farj to Magrib!

The Zack   

^I see. Well, I only have suxuur because its sunnah ]plus I don't wanna be too hungry the next day [/size]:D. As far the timing, how does an average person like you and I know the exact time of fajr without the help of the local masjid? Specially in the west.

Libaax-Sankataabte;738147 wrote:
I hear Sabayad for suxuur is pretty good because it kinda keeps you full all day (heavy carbs). I shall pass on that request to lovely wife tonight. I don't mind experimenting new routines.

Libaax, I hear the opposite. Sabaayad will make u extra thirsty. Got it from some old somali lady in a store - She looked professionel bro. Take her advice.

The sareen advice is the most common in the somali community , always go with the flow. Ragga Bariis iyo dooro(digaaag) ku suxuuranaya ayagaa cirka roob ku og.

Som@li   

^Zack, You suppose to feel hungry, This is Ramadan,

I see that Ramadan instead of a month of Ebadah, and prayer has almost become a month of feast, and self indulgence, with the drama and overrated stories, the food, clothing etc,

Somalina   

Thank God for the long weekend. Alhamdulilah my first day went well.

I didn't bother with suxur, didn't regret it either but I think I will eat something tonight in order to combat the long and stressful day tomorrow. :P

Juxa n Val....Scents, smelly food and crowds are not good mix for me hence I try to avoid crowded mosques, unfortunately they are all crowded in the ramadan,

Aaliyah....You make it sound like living alone is disease.

N.O.R.F   

Libaax-Sankataabte;738147 wrote:
I hear Sabayad for suxuur is pretty good because it kinda keeps you full all day (heavy carbs). I shall pass on that request to lovely wife tonight. I don't mind experimenting new routines.

Although it keep you going throughout the day laab jeex iyo haraad ba kugu dhici.

N.O.R.F   

The Zack;738150 wrote:
^Suxuur is way before fajr time, sir. Are you sure you haven't been eating the wrong times?

Suxuur time is just before fajr. You can eat upto the time for athaan.

N.O.R.F   

A sleepless night.

Airport pick up at 1am. Downed an espresso to stop me falling asleep at arrivals. Got home at 2am and couldn’t sleep! At my desk now 

Aaliyyah   

Just came back from tarawiix, walahi I'm getting used to standing a long time. Plus, I went to this pakistani mosque and the shiekh was reading quiet fast so it wasnt so bad :D

Libaax, walaal never thought of eating sabayad for suxur, bt then again who has the energy to make sabayad after long hrs of praying tarawiix...I love making sabayad but its just hectic and time consuming :D..anyways im sure ur wify wouldnt mind doing that for you lol..I was just saying!..sabayad with banana is always yummmy!

Che shekada meel kale baad u qaaday..I never said that! I said you live alone so what excuse do u have to stay at home to pray tarawiix ma caruur yar yar baad seexsan mise hoyada oo wayeel ah baad haysa...intaad waqti freega haysatid ka faaideeso uun ula jeeday!

lool Aaliyyah waa iska caadi waxaas amba hadda baris ii hilib aan ku saxuurtay.

Oba, lol ma sareen yar dabka in aad saartaan ka wahsanasaaan..lazy Farahs!

good night ppl! and my plan was to stay away from Sol bt seems im here even more often LOL..sad case walee!

salaam

Aaliyyah   

^thanks walaal inshallah alle hanaga wada aqbalo! I will remember to make dua for the solers (ka awoow ka awoow baan tirinayey I forgot you folks lol)..

salaam