Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

Suxuur Spot

First day of Ramadan 2011, Alhamdulilaah! Hope it's going well for all of you.

So, who got up for suxuur and who was too lazy and will soon be regretting it?

Who's planned a day of leisure and sleep and who's at their desk iyagoo calooshu ololayso?

And if you were smart enough to wake up for suxuur, what did you have?

I had some oats (qamandi/sareen) at 3am and am holding together OK. Except I miss my morning cuppa. Other than that, it's all fine and dandy. Then again it's not even midday yet.

lol@Val.

I am up at 3:00 am already. I don't feel like eating. I know I will regret tomorrow but food is not my thingy today. I'll see how I hold together tomorrow.

PS: I drink lots of water during suxuur. That is my trick to beating the long trek. :)

Juxa   

lol@val, there was no time, returned from taraweeh at 1am, had some toast and woke up for fajir at 4am, water in between and now indhaha isku hayaa

i need my 6 hours uninterrupted sleep:(...i was late for work as well and missing my coffee

N.O.R.F   

Ramadan Kareem all

I was running around last night doing the last minute shopping and what not and the whole city was probably doing the same. Got home had dinner and then left again for Tarawiix only to go to a mosque doing the 22 rak'a version with short repeated suuras. I missed the opening of the Quran (something quite profound on first night of tarawiix). New area, new mosque. Will have to venture further tonight.

Well, in 5 mins I get to go home (1.30pm) :)

I think it will be afur at a Somali hotel tonight.

Should have drank a glass of water this morning :(

Che, LoL...ma waxaad na leedahay gurigaad ku tukatay?

LST - Ah...I know, it's difficult to swallow anything that early but maybe you ought to try something easy like porridge? 17-hour day is too long for labo glass of water.

Che - Ilaahay ha kuu fududeeyo!

Juxa - pretty tough to get a decent night's sleep on these short summer nights let alone during Ramadan. You'll be lucky to get 2 full hours of shut eye. May Allah reward us for it.

nuune   

Not sure if it is necessary for suxuur, but I had one snickers chokolate and one Mars, the bloody things are burning my left brain now.

Ps: Hopefully tonight thinkin of having suxuur for dooro-kalliifkeed, I had the same for iftaar one time last year.

I Just wanna remind my fellow nomads, that suxur is quite good. Not only so we dont get hungry during the day, but also because the prophet(salallahu alayhi wasalam) said in a hadith ""Eat Suhur (predawn meal). Surely, there is a blessing in Suhur.'(Bukhari)

BTW remember to do a lot of 3ibada, cuz that's the biggest reason and goal for Ramadan, the big shayatins are locked up, and the doors of hell are closed, where the gates of Jannah are wide open.

PS. Masha Allah some of you went to Taraawiix last night, I couldn't last night for some reason, May Allah reward u for your effort.

^ Amiin.

Norf, afur at Somali Hotel, sounds lovely. If there was any such thing near me, I would certainly part-take.

Nuune, what's dooro-kaliifkeed? Feathers?

Soon wanaagsan dhamaan horta.

Soonkii iigu horeeye aan Afrika ku soomo waaye soonkaan since '96. In fact, I left Nayroobi during Ramadaan in that year. I hope Soon iyo ciid la dareemaayo inay noqoto since Islii is practically a Soomaali city itself.

About suxuurta, xalay waxaa ku suxuurtay canjeero, caleen, suugo iyo mashed potato -- all provided free by the hotel I am staying at. There was some mishaari, but caloosheyda boos uma heynin cunideeda.

nuune   

^^ Of course free waaye cuntada, hoteelka horey ay waxooda u qabaan camal, see waaye, waraa todobaad baxa soo dhameeso camal, wah, by the way, safarkyga Nayrooobi mar kale uu dib dhacey, now it is September, but before that meela aan kaa fogeyn aan joogaa, waxaan u maleenaa ka hor aa ka soo tagee Nayroobi, waa hadaadan xundhurtaada aysan ku aasneyn nayroobi.

Val, Dooro-Kalliifkeed is the private parts of a chicken, everybody eats but most people they don't realize they eating chieckenka cowradiisa, aniga I know it is dooro kalliifkeed, waa ii kala soocanyihiin

Juxa   

Val, really certain things you shont ask

MMA, whats with hotel food adigoo ah caruus wah! enjoy!

for first time in a year i am leaving at 5pm today, need a nap before afurka