Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Gabay aa I haayya

Originally posted by *Buuxo*:

Xiin,Bakheelsanidaa? ...Ma maxay Deel qaaf?

Nuune’s stitch ups are beyond deel qaaf, but Gaaxnuug’s genuine effort to compose quality verses is rich with examples of deelqaaf. Here are few for the record.

Waa yimid gaaxnuug oo haduu, yawda kaa galine

Yacyacood intaad soo tufftood, Yulqan kusii Yuubtay

Yaxyax koley kagama fadhiyin, yoomkan maanta ahe

Ayaad waliba sii Yuustay, ood guulna sii Yu'atay

pay close attention at the end of each verse, Buuxo. Gaaxnuug probably thought if he consistently put a Y in the beginning and another Y at the end of each verse, his arrangement would be complete not realizing the equally important measure of Somali poems is its underlying rhyme. Clearly the poorly composed verses have no rhythm. And that ya Buuxo is one type of deel qaaf. We shall not talk about Hunguri’s or Nuune’s because even the commoners would see the apparent discrepancy and the mismatches of the lead letter in their verses, if we can call it a verse.

What is tragic about Gaaxnuug is the potential he so recklessly squanders every time he engages in poetry contest.

nuune   

Libaax, gadaashaa Xiin wax gabay ah muusan tirin, qunbuladaad ku ridey ayuu wali la maqanyahay :D

Ngonge, I for once won't go any further then my critique/review of Gaaxnuug's poorly composed verses that lacked in every imaginable department.

These poorly compiled verses of him shocked me enorm to the core, as there was no rythm, no meter, no grammer, poor and predictable word choices, no surprising element, lack of narrative, lack of imagination and dishonesty at grand scale.

Ngonge you have to afamiliarise yourself with Somali culture and customs, as I have to refrain from anything that can constitute itself as Hiilo or being seen as partisan, as this itself could be interpreted as being improper conduct and subject of the next gabay matter and a catalyst in itself for an bigger embarrassment. Poets not only have to be vigil about their subject matter and choice of langauage but also their conducts.

So I have to watch my actions, as this could be interpreted as picking on someone.

My SOL Poetry guru and cousin Xiinfaniin has Gaaxnuug already in check, so why should I jeopordise his victory?

Xiinfaniin my elder SOL resident beat him two times over, there's no need for me to go for the overkill.

Instead of Gaaxnuug sending you Ngonge, he could have posted a gabay to complain about my partisanship. Ngonge I know your not as familiar with Somali customs and culture as others in here, but such poor interjections by you doesn't help your friends cause or yours in any way.

If Xiinfaniin, after Gaaxnuug clearly acknowledges that Xiinfaniin is superior to him regarding his murti and play of words and he surrenders, then I will have no reservations on taking on Xiin, but alas it will be not.

Buuxo, ninkii aan u hiilli is iri waa ila dagaal waa aragtaa.

Gaarnuux, I thought you were doing ok untill I saw the Abdi Tahliil's song. Waan garanayaa waa marqaankiiye, markuu marqaanku kaa dhaco wax la imow ninyahow!!

NGONGE   

AW Muuse, there is no 'hiilo' taking place here (not in the Somali way at least). In fact, if we were being Somali, the support of A&T would come from your side or even Xiins. My feet are not big enough to fill the shoes of he who would attempt any hiilo for A&T, saaxib.

Ok. I'll confess that I want to see Xiin humbled and I'll support anyone that does it on this thread, even you. Marka bal wax la kaalay saaxib. Don't worry about no hiilo. Xiin has to be stopped.

Abtigiis   

Aw Muuse, Fa'tu bisuurati min mithlihii wadcuu shuhadaa'ikum inkuntum taclamuun! Bal la kaalay waxaad hayso aan meter iyo ryhm ka ay kaaga dhagtay aragnee!

To be honest, I am already feeling I have exposed how poor Puntland is when it comes topoetry contests. For if what they have composed as Jaaliyaddda Puntland ee Minnessotta can be effectively challenged by the one and the only Abitigiis, it shows what would happen if one of my owns were to join the contest.

Anyway, gabayga Xinn bal kyu noqo Aw Muusoow. Kay'ga sheegtay dhibtiisee. Bal Qur'aanka iyo Carabiga Xinn dib u eeg!

Having said that, for those of you who were cheated by the wrong declarions of Xinn's victory (as usual) and the chap who patted his back purely because he is obligated to do so by way of blood and roots, I part by showing you what Xinn has compose as a poem and Aw Muuse's grand deception in failing to scuritinise Xinn's lines:

Yaaqii -----Arabi

Yarjacay-----Arabi

Yuxus--------ma garanayo, mana maqal horey

Yaabisa........Af-or omo or D&M (d.i.g.il & the funny one), waaa mid uun

Yaasiin.........Radi yalaahu cadhiim

Laqimin-----------Ar abi

Yathrib-----------Ra diyallaahu cadhiim

Yabiintiye--------Ma rs baa lagaga hadlaa

Yacoocdaa........... what is this?

Yureeyeene---------Y ur is the source word, but does it fit the line in which it is

Yaqfir -------------------- Radiyalaahu cadiim

Yawman---------Ok, but the following word is layle (so yaw is standing here as day.)

Yulqeeyaaye.....what is this?

Yambo ...It is noy Yaambo (as in farm), so what is it?

ya'da maanso waataan kaharay yawmkii waa hore

waataan yaagleelo udiray yurubta waagiiye'e

yaaqii hiddiyo waataan ku riday yucubtii dheerayde'e

waxa igu yarjacay maansadaan yuxuski gaaxnuuge

yaqiin uusan hayn buu intaa yabaq ku sheegaaye'e

asoo yaabisa buu intaa muran la yeeraaye'e

yaasinka asagoon laqimin buu yonis naawiliye

yathrib baan aqaan buu lahaa shalay yabiintiiye

wax na yaabshey waa markuu laanka yaacsadaye'e

yar-yarku ku roonnaa inuu wada yacoocdaaye'e

hadduu yawda naga dayn lahaa maba yureeyeene'e

yaqfir baan ilaahay ka rabay yawman iyo layle

yanfac baan lahaa walidkiyyo *****ta waaweyne

yasid maaha oon maanan rabin inaan yulqeeyaaye'e

yoolkaygu waa inaan dhigaa garasho yeelweyne

yambo weeye laankuye haddaa ya'da loo rogaye'e

ha yimaado gaaxnuug hadduu gabay yagloolaayo

By the way, Xinn knows Arabic and I know Axmaari. I will use Axmaari to bolster the dwindling Y words in Somali as much as Xinn did it in Arabic. Let us see if I repeat words now then!!

Ya taabaatu Xinn wixii ku dhacaa, Yaana loo tudhine

Yataale markuu yidhi, ee uu ragii yasid kadayn waayey

Yehenaw inaan nidhaa, ninkii nalagu yaabaaya

Ya'da carabi ee Xinnfaniin luuqa uga yeedhay

Yehee Aw muuse waa inuu arkuu, iyana Yoon ka bixiyaaye

Haddii kale Tuug Yamaarugley, oo ku yimid yabooh tol weeyaane!

:D:D

Yamaaruglay is a village around Galadi and Bookh in Somaligalbeed.

looooooooooool@Gaaxn uug

for the record yaaq & yucub :D are authentic names for well known somali trees. adding yaaq with two i's serves as an article,and does not change the name itself. yuxus waa soomaali, especially macnaheedu waa wax dhoorre ah oo aan macno badan lahayn :D . yaabis though arabic in origin still used by somalis every where to describe wax aan dux lahayn. war ma wadaa :D

yaaq-bari-weyne :D . problem is i am dealing with a man who knows more amharic literature than somali

And where is NGONGE? He must be disappointed by now in the fact that his friend Gaaxnuug is desperately resorting to give this little debate a regional dimension.

NGONGE   

^^ The regional dimension was started by AW Muuse as an excuse not to take part in this (anyway, did you miss my big shoe dig/compliment up there). :D

A&T has done a good job defending himself there. I was waiting to see your reply. You only explained five or six words out fo the list he made there. It's a draw.

Abtigiis   

What this incident proves is what we already knew. you are better in Arabi than me. In terms of the words you employed, 50% are arabi or more. Now, who doesn't know that Arabi is full of Y's!! Lucikly Amharic is so too. If Somali's are receptive to the Carabi than Amharic, tough luck for me. But, this contest was supposed to be a somali one not something else.

Af soomali aan ku tartanee Carabi'ga aad ku dhex qasayso jooji. But again why should you worry. With cheerleaders like Gheele and fake analysts like Aw Muuse you can pass as a good poet by reciting the holly quraan! :D

As far as my gabay in Am and somali are concerned it makes perfect sense. Bal wakaase carabi adoon ku darin laba line oo somali ah Ya'da ku sheeg! :D

Seriously, why did the fake Aw Muuse failed to substantiate his claims that I used non-existent words??

Xinn, all what you said is not convincing. People who listen to your lines are not supposed to be compelled to make assumptions about what you meant to say, or to arrive at the correct etymology by way of permutations and constructions. Your words should be recognised at face value. Particularly when you are a novice.

The more I think about Aw Musse, the more I am inclined to believe that all those lines he used to critic my poem were actually a template ready for use at anytime (which he acquired recently somehow) and that I only happened to be the first victim to be used against. I don't think the man understands what he pasted there.

Now it is my duty to run this bad baldhead out of this thread!

Abtigiis   

Ngonge, to add to your concerns, Xinn is dishonest here. For instance, when he says Yaaqi is a place known, fine. But what does it mean when he says Yaaqii hiddiyo..What hiddo? This is falsifying history at the highest level,if it is anything.

If Yuxus is somali, then I am not part of the 4.5 arrangement. Isku soomali ma niihin. Since when are local slangs supposed to be sold as accpetable words in literary contests? If that is allowed, those from the FAT STONE will know what I mean by this lines:

Yaamaha kolkii aan cunneen Yiilka sii ridannay

Nala raaci Bibiyo yam oo Yurubta aad moodo

Ku yagleelay Yuul iyo wixii madasha noo yaalay

Yaama = hilib (from sawaxil)

Yiilka = local qat type

bibi = lady

Yam = macaan

Yuul = waxaan la sheegayn :D:D

Just because he escaped the scruity of few nepotistic puntland cheer-happy fellows doesn't mean the man has done anything of note. Forget Aw Muuse, who is an astray bullet, but what can Gheele add here? By which strech of imagination can we refer our contest here to Gheele (who struggles to shukaansi gabadh in Somali let alone inuu ku gabyo)as a refree??

And the bloodless Nuune is not famed for saying a spade a spade. :D:D

NGONGE   

^^ Kuwa kale ka hadh. Just focus on Xiin badow yaho. :D

(and I am with you there).

Abtigiis   

You don't understand my strategy, my friend. Believe me sometimes it is better to focus on a group than an individual. Nuune'na waa bir xijaab, his inclusion in my salvos serves a purpose. :D:D

I am still challenging AW-muuse to come up with a word that doesn't exist in my poem which he cirtique'ed. If he cannot produced, then will this not prove that the guy have cut and pasted from a book he was reading from all those big words?

Sign in to follow this