Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Siilaanyo-Al-soomaali

Ibtisam   

^^^Paragon I was not expecting that from you, as one of the sain individuals in SOL, I expect nothing but the truth from you. Emperor for years was advertising and campaigning for a bunch on warlords who brought Ethiopia to Somalia, and then NOW after all that he and co want to talk about traitors and warlords. Even worse, he is mocking SL for being a clan enclave, err the man is now campaigning for Puntland, what is that :confused: surely not a democratic, multi clan and multi cultural state.

RedSea   

Emperor here we go again. I knew you were tanked to say those things.

Sorry I'm not interested in my 'eedo is betta dan urs' get together.

My point is this if we remain objective; silaanyo is eyeing sl top post, that has been his personel goal for a while, then perhaps this possibility could be entertained.

However, if he runs away from somaliland(again going along with the thread), then that would draw whole of SL against him. So no matter what he does in southern somalia, SL will no longer be a friend and home to him; would not be a smart move for him would it?

You getting my point?

Paragon   

Ibti, whatever the expectations, somehow a line must be drawn somewhere for this matter; this egging each other on from each side has to have a limit. JB laughing in support of your argument is just what it is: qosol hiillo, and Emperor saying Siilaanyo is a traitor' is what it is: plain wrong.

Now let's move in another direction, please. A sensible debating is the in thing today. Ask Mr. Warancade.

Emperor   

Wayfarer JB iska adeer tabar kaluuna haynee

Lool @ Ibtisam, you almost looked like you got me there, but Siilaanyo too was a warlord and a traitor, he sought the support of Ethiopia and led SNM rebel movement commiting crimes against humanity. That's your hero, thus you should throw stones if you live in a house made of glass.... As for Puntland, it is above the clan, it has the Somali flag and respect the unity of Somalia, its leaders and citizens do have a stake in the Somali republic, there is no difference between Garowe and Mogadishu my dear in the eyes of every Puntlander and reer Muqdisho... very simple really

PS: All the landers are getting mad because I called Adeero and hero Mujaahid Silaanyo a warlord.

Ibtisam   

Paragon: SO why did you pick on JB supposed intentions without pointing out Emperors deviation from topic and his obvious wrong outburst. Is that gacaan hiillo?? :confused: Indeed lets move on.

P.s. I'm not child, I don't and never needed anyone egg me on, I had a view regardless of whether JB laughs or ciirka qaabto. :cool:

Emperor:

Lool @ Ibtisam, you almost looked like you got me there, but Siilaanyo too was a warlord and a traitor, he sought the support of Ethiopia and led SNM rebel movement commiting crimes against humanity. That's your hero, thus you should throw stones if you live in a house made of glass....

Ooh haadan kuu faaham, you are still mad about Barre's down fall as result of the "rebel movement commited crimes against humanity", which of course Barre never did. :rolleyes:

Emperor   

^We are not talking about Barre, its plain simple Silaanyo is a warlord, what's so hard to accept that, was he not the leader of the SNM, and had the SNM not committed crimes and murders against civilians in both Borame and SOOL?... did they not seek the support of an outsider, Ethiopia?

You guyz run here all day accusing Yey of doing such things, and guess what you all come here and pretend Silaanyo was a saint, lets call spade a spade, very simple

You are entitled to your own opinion but you are not entitled to your own facts, hadaba deal with the facts... .

Thierry.   

Norf 1

Oodweyne

My comment to Xiin was not intended to be taken as some sort of consolationary brush off with regard to future SL/Somalia relations. It is the truth saxib. Not only is it prudent to have and maintain dialogue with Somalia (regardless who is in charge on both sides) but it’s also good for Somaliland’s image both at home and internationally.

If Somaliland considers itself independent then it must act as such. It is already doing that when talking to its other neighbours so why not do the same with regard to Somalia? Is Somalia not a neighbour? A reluctance to do this only results in Somaliland still being viewed as part of Somalia.

Such dialogue does not mean Somaliland is compromising any of it’s goals of gaining independence/recognition. I believe it furthers that cause and at the same time gives the opportunity to say ‘we are not coming back’.

Having said that however, there will be the risk of being talked around and enticed by what Somalia has to offer as a larger state with membership of various respective organizations (UN, AL, AU etc). Such an enticement with guaranteed autonomy, greater political involvement and the chance to shape what goes on around you can also be tempting. This of course will come after a few years of stability in the south.

Talking to Somalia is a good thing for all sides. Whatever the outcome, a mutual agreement/understanding is a must.

DISCLAIMER

This is the opinion of the writer and should not be equated with the political views of his right honourable Mr A Silaanyo or the Kulmiye Political Party.

I will raise a glass to that

Ibtisam   

Emperor:

Who is arguing with you about his history :confused: he was part of a rebel movement, I think he is even quite proud of that too.

But your argument of comparing Yey and Silaanyo does not wash, nor is the TFG equivalent to SNM.

As for the Borame and Sool, aah here we go again, we can go around all you want, but in the Somali context no one is innocent. They say two wrongs don’t make a right, but I guess emotions overrides at times. Are some life’s worth more than others??

You say this is not about Barre, actually it is, because the reason Sool and Booame which you are so quick to mention was on opposite side of the conflict was because of him. Did the history books only start with a rebel movements reactions? I don’t think so and the crimes committed by all parties are also documented, that does not by any means justify the reaction.

P.s. Btw SNM did not have a single leader, it had a decentralized and fluid structure. Silaanyo was not in Boorame or Sool nor was he commanding a unit over these areas, but by all means attach the crimes to him.

...was he not the leader of the SNM, and had the SNM not committed crimes and murders against civilians in both Borame and SOOL?.

Couple of questions: When was the date that the SNM enter into Borama and was Siilaanyo a leader of the SNM at that time?

And if you can clearly describe what place and at what date did the SNM enter SOOL and carried out those attacks?

Can you please clarify to the people about these two questions.

Thanks.

Ibtisam   

^^ Sheekayad aay kuu toosisanya.

Emperor: He was a president of "Somalia" as you kept telling as, the other was one of key characters in a rebel movement. Seriously this is pointless argument. There is nothing to defend or even argue about, you are comparing a so called head of state with all the state resources to a guerilla warfare.