Sign in to follow this  
Qac Qaac

NBA

yo playmaker i kno what i said and yeah at da beginning of da season i said da Kings werent makin da playoffs i kno i'm wrong and Jay was rite dats why i was giving him props

Jaylaani   

Z,

Let the brother (Play) breath. He is so out of touch, he thinks the Lakers and Kings will upset the Spurs and the Suns.

Play,

Did you say Bowen isn't a good defender? Are you kidding me. Ask Kobe, Ray Allen, AI, Carmella, King James, Vince Carter, Michael red and all the great guards and small forwards in this league and you will hear a different answer. I never head any one calling that guy dirty. I wish the Sixers would have kept him instead trading LARRY HUGHES and BOWEN for Toni Kukoc, can you believe that, Toni Kukoc for those two guys. **** U Larry Brown for destroying my team.

I acknowledge your love for Kobe is undeniable but c’mon bro, you getta be realistic some times. First you said he is gonna be the MVP with .500 team now he is gonna beat the Suns.

Okay, I have a confession to make. As much as I dislike Kobe and the Lakers (it’s Philly thing, you just can’t understand) I would love to see the Lakers beating the Suns and that all American/Canadian RAT looking called Steve Nash so those fat asz, cowboys in the media who never play sports in their entire lives would finally recognize and vote for the real MVP of this league Mr. BILLUPS.

My prediction,

I think the Nets are in trouble. The Pacers are very dangerous team.

Isn’t much of a upset but I think Washington will beat the Cavs. So as the Clippers vs. Denver.

[ April 20, 2006, 16:40: Message edited by: Northerner ]

Jaylaani   

North,

The playoffs start this weekend and yes Toni is still playing. He comes off the bench for the Milwaukee Bucks.

yo Jay back to da Shareef thing

Remember back in 03 when he was da Hawks remember what their owner said b4 da season to da season ticket holders "If the Hawks dont make the playoffs all the season ticket holders get their money back"

that yr they had Shareef,Glen Robinson, Jason Terry, Theo Ratliff and I also think they had Nazr Mohammed and Ira Newble and Dion Glover com'n now if that aint a good team then i dont kno what is???

bout da religious thing well i think he has a tatto and last time i checked i think tattos were not allowed in Islam

Dearest Z, the better question is why were u focused at his tattoo??

Last I checked we were talking about basketball, not whether or not Shareef has a tattoo, if so, who cares??? How does a tatto make a man any less muslim then, lets say, you?

People do questionable things at some point in their life, but thats beside the point, lets focus on the selection of your 1st rounds.

!Eastern Conference!

#1. Detroit V Milwaukee;- Detroit in 5 games.(Like most pple, I believe the pistons can sweep just pretty much any team in the east, but not so much for pacers or heat. I actually believe that the bucks might steal one either on game #3, or #4)

#2. Miami Vs Chicago;- Miami in 6 games. (The heat might just end this in 5 games, but I think that the bulls might steal 2 games, one @home in chicago & might take a game in miami for game #2, and go home with a tie and heat might wake up to just finish them in 6 games, possibility of a 7th game is definitely in the air, but I actually believe miami will warm up on the bulls series and close it out in 6)

#3. New Jersey Vs Indiana;- Indiana in 6 games.(I actually believe this series could definitely go in 7 games just as much as I believe it could end in 6, but I like the chances of the pacers with the nets. Pacers will have a good chance not just to win the series but close it out on 6th game if they steal either game #1 or #2 in BRICK CITY, but I truly believe that pacers can close out this series as much as the pistons can do it on the bucks, pacers have nothing to lose at this point in time. They had it rough all year long and for them to capture 6th spot in a weak east with everything they went through, I really wouldn't sign off on them just yet PLAYMAKER, pacers still got some noise to make on 2nd round and they will make it.)

#4. Clevand Vs Washington;- Clevand in 6 games.(James might just had faked that nearly devastated ankle injury just so he can rest, but at the same time, it might not be a fake, if it isn't CAVS season might end just as quickly as the playoff started. Bottom line is, with a healthy JAMES, they can definitely go on a quick lead early on with a 2-0, no pressure and just wait to steal one in DC, and that would definitely set the tone, and folks might just start opening up their eyes on the cavs, but on the other hand wizards might just push this to 7games, and you never know what could happen in 7game with the entire season on the line, lets just hope CAVS take an early lead)

!Western Conference!

#1. San Antonio Vs Sacramento;- San Antonio in 6 games(Yes, you read it correctly, I said 6 games, reality is, spurs might close out in 5, but I actually believe the kings can push it to 6 games)

#2. Phoenix Vs Los Angles;- Phoenix in 6 games. (I will give phill jackson the respect he had earned over the yrs and say he will actually prepare his team well enough to even push for game 7, but at the end the suns will rise.)

#3. Denver Vs Los Angles Clippers;- Denver in 5 games. (I like the nuggets group of guys, I think they can finish this up very quickly, alot more experience than the clippers and can even go 2-0 to start things off, clippers on the other hand, I won't take anything from Elton Brand & Co, I think the dude is a hardworker, but I just don't think his squad got what it takes to finish nuggets in 5, much less 6 games in a playoff atmosphere, maybe next year Brand Baby)

and last but not least.

#4. Dallas Vs Memphis;- Dallas in 5 games. (I actually think dallas can close it in a sweep, but you never know, they might get overly confident and slip one just to get back on their heels, so I actually would give out one to memphis, just to see if they can actually put one under their belt.)

PS:Wey inoo tahay on sunday afternoon, after the pacer/nets series..

Khayr   

Don't the pacers have sterojevic and o'neal injured as well as tinsley? Are all 3 of them going to make a 'playoff' comeback? If so, then it might be a different story, but I think that the nets will beat them in 5 games-at the most!

Cleveland will win their series against the Wizards in a sweep.

They play well together and king james will play 'magic johnson' like.

Detriot will sweep the bucks.

Miami and chicago will be the best 1st round series to watch in the East, unless o'neal and pedro play for the pacers. 6game series for Miami

San Antonio will Crush the Kings 4-0.

Suns and Lakers-can't wait for that one. 6game series win for the suns.

Den and Clippers-I say clippers in 5games

Mav.s and Memphis-5 games for the Mavs

Jaylaani   

Z,

These guys you’re talking about are/were role players. I don’t even know if half of these guys are still in the league.

Regarding his tattoos, I actually don’t know if he has one but I remember him talking about not having any. He said, he tried to get once when he was in high school and didn’t because his little brother tried to do the same. TNT followed him few seasons ago during Ramadan and did a great story about him and his devotion in Islam. No one is prefect, just look at the Somali community, but I think the guy is very dedicated individual. He was only 19 when he came to the league. I think he carries himself very well and dignified matter.

Shareef is a good muslim, I've watched this program one time about his life, it was good piece. He have a masjid in his house and his father is the imam..I have nothing but respect for the guy and i must say i am really happy for him that he is finally in the playoffs.

Jay, i can not believe you are hating on nash like that.. The guy deserves all the publicity he is getting and have nothing to do where he is from or what color he is

Look at their team record without stoudamire, and look how he makes the other players better, 5 players on that team are having a career yr..hint, borris diaw i bet you didn't even know who he was before this yr..

With that said i am still picking the lakers, and yes i did say it the kings have a good cahnce to beat the spurs..and i am not on drugs or atleast not for now while i am at work..

Lake   

Those that are picking Billubs over Kobe or even lebron ..are just trying too hard to go against the grain

Explain to me how the fuc is that even possible? shiiiiiiiiiiiiit Nash>>>Billubs this year

Jaylaani   

Whether we like it or not Steve Nash is gonna get the MVP this year. Why not he has better numbers than last year and the media likes him.

Did you guys see Lebron torturing the Wizards with assortment of moves yesterday? Triple double in his first playoff game. I can’t believe this kid would have been Jr. this year had he gone to college. I just can’t imagine how impressive he will be in 5 yrs.

Kobe was shooting air balls in this stage of his career with a better team around him and KG was a work in progress. This kid was asked to carry a team in the age of 18 and he is doing it with grace and class. If he stays on course in his career, he could go down as the best player ever.

The best game I saw this weekend was the Nets vs. the Pacers.

I thought Vince brought it yesterday and left it all out on the court with 32 points, 13 rebounds and 6 assists. Once again his point guard the OVER-RATED Jason Kidd failed his team. He played 40 minutes and scored 5 points and 8 assist. Yes I said I was ruling for the PACERS but as soon as I saw Larry Bird’s ugly face on the TV screen I changed my mind. I could never rule for any team that guy associates with… GO NETS…

Vince brought it yesterday

Did we really watch the same game yesterday

He took 33 shots, and only made 12. He took 8 3point shots, and only made one, and lets not forget the airball 3-pointer he made and shook his head, and put a towel over his head. The class of that guy amazes me everytime I watch him play, he really did bring it yesterday, didn't he Jay?

Who lied to Carter and said he is a 3-point shooter? I never understood how Kobe and Carter think of themselves as a pure 3-point shooters. I guess anyone who has a hot hand from time to time can offically call themselves the ray allens, the michael redds of this era, or the steve kerr's, the kukoc's of yesterday's era.

Bottom line is Playmaker and all em pacer haters,TAKE THAT. I don't care if they won by an inch of a point, the bottom line is NETS GOT BURIED in their home, a win is a win, doesn't matter how it got there. Did you pple see how pacers slowed down the running nets, 6 minutes left and pacers made stops, did what they had to do and even O'neil woke up to join in the fun with his team just in the knick of time, so yes, lets say this again, CARTER BROUGHT IT, didn't he?

On to other games, I missed the CAVS/WIZARD game, I also missed the Heat/Bulls game, and I missed Spurs/Kings some of the lakers/suns game , but I did catch up with the clippers/nuggets game half way through, even thought it was a one man CLIPPER SHOW FOR 3 quarters, nuggets did make stops and did give themselves a chance to win the game, but thanks to COACH KARL with his bad decision making, putting the ball on the struggling melo's hands, to me that was just awful.

Those last few possesions could have put the nuggets up and by atleast 2-4pts and won them the game, and nuggets had it if their coach didn't mess it up for them with his decision making when the game is on the line. Coach Karl should have known better than to give it to a kid who might have had a several lucky breaks throughtout the season to make another miracle, and to me that isn't how a coach should go about it. He could have set up a much better play, melo isn't the type of player who can dribble his way out of trouble and I don't think he ought to be the go-2 guy on the last few seconds of a game, when he just shot 9/26. He wasn't spot on, and coach just lost it for the team.

Imagine if the clippers still lost even with nuggets messing up as much as they have had? Clippers series would have ended for them on saturday night, but they maintained their composure and won the game at the end. If clippers weren't up before, now they are definitely up, and I really don't like the nuggets chances on this series, but hey, I'm still sticking to my earlier predictions, I'm not a flip flopper, its do or die till the end with me.

PS:Elton Brand was just a beast, all over K-Mart, but K-mart was a pure disappointment all around season and now this match up, it don't look too good for him. He better bring it to BRAND on game#2.

Khayr   

Layzie G,

Do you remember a certain player by the name of Jordan? He use to take 30+ shots a game and maybe make 12 -15 of the them. Nobody cared about how many shots he took....30+ points at the end of the night is still good enough for anybody-no matter how it is achieved!

King james is just McNasty! He got the MAGIC touch.

The passes that nash was making were crazy. He makes the game real fun.

Spurs tore a WHOLE into the Kings-Its gonna be a sweep b/c they need to make a statement, the media don't respect them enough. Defending champs and 2nd best record in the league don't get enough attention these days.....

Nuggets and Clips-Who cares!

Mavs and Memphis-Who cares!

Jaylaani   

Layzie

I agree, Vince was struggling in shooting the ball but at least he was playing hard and he was more determined to win the game. Getting double team has a lot to do with his shooting efficiency.

C’mon, we both love AI and we both know he is better than his shooting percentage (lower 40s). Give Vince a credit for playing hard.

Don’t get me wrong I like the payers of the Pacers, it’s the Larry Bird factor for me. I actually think the Pacers will win the serious.

Vince had a good game atleast in the 4th qtr he kept them in the game..Hey this is 7 games series and i still say the nets will win..Same thing for kobe even thou he had an off game he got the other players involved and they played well as a team..