Sign in to follow this  
Qac Qaac

NBA

Jaylaani   

I think you putting too much emphasis into numbers.

I agree with you the MVP award was initially intended that true meaning you stated above but we know that isn’t the case anymore. If that argument holds water than SHAQ should have been the MVP of the league for the first 10 yrs in his career and Michael Jordan should have won the award every year in his career not Larry Bird, Karl Malone, Magic, Hakeem or David Robinson.

I agree Steve won the award last year for affirmative action. I don’t think he was the best player in his team let alone the league. The Suns were in the verge of getting good and he had the opportunity to take advantage of the maturity and the growth of Stoudemire, Marion and Joe Jackson.

Here is my list for MVP

5. Allen Iverson

4. Dwayne Wade

3. Kobe

2. LeBron

1. Billups

Six man of the year Gordan..The guy is leading his team in scoring off the bench.

Coach of the year. Mike Donleavy.

Rookie of the year Christ Paul.

I nominated 3 players for the MVP

#1 Chauncey

#2 King James

#3 Shaq

Layzie's Pick for the winner is : Chauncey, I said it before when he was a t-wolves guy, saunders made a huge mistake not giving him mins with the wolves uniform, and I knew it when he became a piston everyone would see what I saw when he was with the t-wolves, and when he won mvp finals, everyone opened their eyes, and now more pple would open their eyes were CHAUNCEY IS CONCERNED AND HE WILL WALK AWAY WITH THIS AWARD.

Coach of the year:- Gotta be either Saunders or the CAVS coach

Rookie:- Probably the C. Paul kidd

Sixth man:- any player from the pistons bench

Defensive Player:- Ben nasty Wallace.

PS: Player, your MVP is Carter eh???

Khayr   

I hardly see Chauncey make errors when he is on the court.

Anyone for Tim Duncan? I mean he carries his team and they do have the 2nd best record and are defending champs?

How about King James? That boy is kinda nasty as of late....making winning shots, passing the ball...he is on a tear.

Vince Carter is pulling off some stunts that wanna make you press REWIND. Can't wait for the playoff to see the nets v. cav's-would be a nice serious.

Kobe is really doing it this yr and if his team gets past the 1st round in the playoffs, he might get a crack at MVP but i'm going for King James.

Jaylaani   

Khayr,

Tim Duncan is the best player in the league but I think he is having a down year to win the MVP this year.

Lazie,

You don't think your man Gordon will be the six man of the year?

Detroit doesn't even have a bench per say. Their best player off the bench is McDyes who is averaging 7 points and 3 Rebounds. I don't think that will get it done.

I agree Ben Wallace is the Defensive player of the year.

I see your point regarding Flip Sounders but I think people was expecting the Pistons to be this good regardless who is coaching them.

I don't know about Shaq. He hasn't done anything this year. I think Wade is carrying that team more than Shaq these days.

These are only my opinions not facts.

Jay the lakers don't stink, they sitting in the 7th spot on the west Conf which is more competitive than the east..

The coach of the yr is gotta be the Cav's coach..

PS: Player, your MVP is Carter eh???

You know what Lazie, You can hate all you want but vince is not that far off from the list..I'll say maybe the top five and you know that is a true statement...Just let go the hate, the man moved on and raptors fans are still hating..

Lake   

LOL@Shaq being named..just tell her atleast Vince is more deserving to be a MVP candidate

Lake   

Originally posted by Jaylaani:

I agree with you the MVP award was initially intended that true meaning you stated above but we know that isn’t the case anymore. If that argument holds water than SHAQ should have been the MVP of the league for the first 10 yrs in his career and Michael Jordan should have won the award every year in his career not Larry Bird, Karl Malone, Magic, Hakeem or David Robinson.

But shaq during his first 10 years of his career..coincides when alot of other players were in their prime during that same time..including Jordan..Hakeem..and Malone. Clearly there is no way shaq did out performed them the years they won their mvp

The best player in any given year gets the MVP..

Jaylaani   

The best player in any given year gets the MVP.. [/QB]

My point exactly, that is why Kobe ain't gonna get it. AI had the numbers every year in his career. The only year he won was the year he took his team to the finals. My point is, MVP ain't about numbers. Efficiency in a team concept is more accurate measurement to evaluate who is more deserving.

Kobe is actually is determined to win it and make his mark without Shaq and those people who vote for these awards actually know that he is pressing too much. Scoring 60 with a lost ain't mean shyt. I seen that million times in Philly and I'm not impressed anymore. He is averaging 4 assists. That is too low for a man who has the ball 90% of the time in his hands. That is the average of some power forwards in this league.

Please stop this Kobe nightmare. If say Wade or King James, I would agree but Kobe no man…

Scoring 60 with a lost ain't mean shyt

When did he score 60 and lost? c'mon man get your facts straight..One time that he scored 63 pts against dallas they already had the game won in the third quarter.. and we are talking about against dallas, a team that owns second best record in the west... And you know what? he didn't even played in the 4th quarter or he could've drop 80 on them..

Jaylaani   

^^^It's figure of speech son. Don't read too much into it.

The point is, there are 37 games he scored average of 35+ points and lost. Just last week alone, he score 42 and 51 against Denver and phoenix and they lost both games.

For those of you who still hang up on the notion of the west being powerhouse, please stop the madness. There are 3 teams with 50 wins in the west currently and the East has 2. Also, there more teams with 47 wins in the East than west. When the regular season ends, there will be more teams with 50+ wins in the East and the Ultimate champion will come out of the east too. So please enough of this west being dominant BS.

Playmaker, you seem very upset son.

Kobe will not win MVP, and Carter will not win MVP, you know that, so lets not get carried away here.

The focus really is on the east now, there are 3 spots that are not locked up, and I just love that last minute run that the east does, year in, year out. Just lastnight, all the 3 teams that were in question for 6, 7, 8 spot won against the teams they played against.

I thought I should mention that the 76ers murdered your newly found New Jersey team, or is it just carter you are a fan off, I don't know but thats beside the point. Lets keep an eye on those spots, and see who makes it and who doesn't. All it takes it 2 losses on the pacer side to have 76ers move in and you know if they move in, carter will be murdered, but then if pacers keep that space, o'neil will do the damage to the nets, you pick....Either way, chances of NETS coming off the 1st round is very slim.

Kashafa   

Son?
come again..Don't try to talk me down dawg

Ayy brothaman, Son is east coast slang for 'saaxib'. You Canadian ? :D

Ayy brothaman, Son is east coast slang for 'saaxib'. You Canadian ?

Oh, is that is what it is? Man i was ready for cyper war, i had all my weapons, and all my gears..

"West side" i mean "XP", my cordless mouse comes here too and knocks out jay and lazie! what? y'all want some more? here comes my pentium 4 super fast... and my hard drive is spinning like crazy, what? they surrender?.. chicken..yaw better recognize..

In all serious LazieG, you are talking about a lots of IF's..I will love to see Philly to make it, but the way bulls is playing i think they get in.

I already said it..Nets will go beyond first and second round. "Put you money where your big mouth is".