Sign in to follow this  
Qac Qaac

NBA

Jaylaani   

Play,

I think Vince was very aggressive and he played hard...I will respect.

Kobe only defers to his teammate when he’s struggling and yes he struggled big time against Raja Bell on Sunday. Hence, 5 dimes in a playoff game doesn’t make him Isiah Thomas. If you said Odom I would agree but I don’t think Kobe had a good day in any aspect of the game.

Clippers are in the playoffs, with home court advantage, up 2 games to none…that doesn’t even rhyme.

Damn the kings let that game get away from them last night..I don't know how that dude could be that wide open for a 3pts to tie the game..

Jay i know you will say they won and all that but c'mon i told you sacramento was no joke, they gave it to them last night..

This one is for you lazieG, ooops J.Oneil got facial last night twice by jefferson..

nba_g_jefferson_395.jpg

Lake   

Kobe is the real MVP we alllll know that

Pure...Unadulterated...Violence

Damn, Kobe went out to phoenix to **Edited**

[ April 30, 2006, 20:51: Message edited by: SoMa_InC ]

Jaylaani   

^^That was nasty. What the **Edited**was Steve Nash thinking...trying to take a charge in that situation?

Why do you think Kobe is the MVP? Because he let the league in scoring with barely 500 team?

I don't think Nash deserves the award nor do I think Kobe is worthy of it.

[ April 30, 2006, 20:52: Message edited by: SoMa_InC ]

Playmaker, I'm sure you don't have anything to say now that O'neil bounced back with a 37pts,15boards performance.

What happened to your Hero>??? 0/10 in the fourth quarter, talk about a total shutdown on the pacers part. He never learns does he? Still taking 3point shots as thought he is the king of 3point, when will he get it through his thick, bald skull that he is not a 3point shooter?

Game 2 was nets to win, and thats all they did, is proven that they had to win if not, their season would have come to an early fishing expedition with Kenny from TNT.

Now that we have a series on our hands, if I were u Playmaker, I would quickly have a change of heart, because pacers ain't going to die down that easily.(still taking last min. bets)

Talk about dear old boy AJ, 8/13 shooting, 25pts, career playoffs high. That old boy is as much a ball handler than the nash of this league and the kidd's. I'm just glad that coach gave him a little more room to showcase his shooting ability and indeed what a showcase that was since your nets paid dearly for it tonight.

I'm really just stunned with the nuggets falling apart all over. Clippers just buried them on game 2, told u, THEY HAVE AWAKEN, that GAME1 should have been won by nuggets and they wouldn't have been in this position.

Speaking of MVP, thats just a joke with the rumours going around that NASH had won over Lebron, lol@KOBE being MVP. How long has Kobe being on this league and how many MVP trophies does he really havE??

ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (a lil trivia for you kids out there)

The man ought to get it that you don't win MVP by being the best individual player, and thats why duncan has won time and time again and nash might win 2nd time, because of TEAM play. If you ain't making anyone but yourself look good, then KOBe will have to just wait in that long a*s line, because it might be sometime before he is able to touch one or sniff sniff.

PS:Capital, R.I.P to the heat on game 3, but they better bounce back quickly. The CAVS vs Wizard Series is just fantastic, from beginning to end and so was that game 2 Mavs Vs Grizzlies, if only memphis could steal one just for the hell of making to the playoff boards in win column for a change. Go CAVS, PACERS

Lake   

Why do I think Kobe is the MVP..because he had a historic season..without the a doubt the best player in the NBA.

Mid season whenever people discussed who was the mvp, people were hating on him...mainly because of then lakers record..they were saying that he couldn't take the lakers into the postseason..He did...He is the only star lakers got...all the other mvp candidates had a good supporting role players..

Not only is he a great offensive player but canlock up his man..

PPG 35.4

RPG 5.30

APG 4.5

EFF + 27.82

Ranks #1 in the NBA in Field Goals Made(978.0)

Ranks #1 in the NBA in Points Per 48 Minutes(41.5)

#6 in the NBA in Steals(147.0)

Kobe= MVP

Jaylaani   

Pretty,

Are you gonna ask him for a date too?

If you know basketball you wouldn’t highlight these numbers you stated above. You’re putting too much emphasis on him making the most field goals….how about taking the most shots (2173)? You can’t mention one without the other. Plus Kobe isn’t carrying that team all by him self. There is another guy by the name of Lamar Odom who is having a great season 15 p. 9+ boards and close to 6 dimes per game..and he takes only 11 shots.

Yes Kobe scores tans of points but his dimes stinks (he ranks 30 in the NBA) and for some one being 6’8†he can’t rebound either. The only major stat he is leading in his team is scoring. Is he a great player? No doubt. Did he have a great INDIVIDUAL season? Yeah. Is he the MVP? Heeell no.

Correction, he’s number 9 in steals not 6.

Lake   

Originally posted by Jaylaani:

Here is my list for MVP

5. Allen Iverson

4. Dwayne Wade

3. Kobe

2. LeBron

1. Billups

You say all that so then please support why you think Billups is your MVP...I think objectively..you let the hate you have against players cloud your judgements (Kobe & Nash)

You say I’m putting too much emphasis on his numbers…is because you’re supposed to..MVP is an individual award therefore the individual stats will be looked at

The other argument was… Kobe is not helping other players on his team shine…you brought up how well Lamar balled this year…Probably kobe was distributing the ball…who else can shoot the ball other than these two? Its only right kobe takes majority shots..night in and out other teams that played the lakers knew who they were playing against..Double/triple team him didn’t matter… is another 40+ game by kobe…the MVP

Jaylaani   

^^^Lol@kobe distributing the ball. You're one hilarious cat. smile.gif

The guy is ranked 30 in the "DISTRIBUTION" category with 4 assists per game. Technically when a player gets double teamed he can create an opportunity for his teammates by dishing outlet passes. Based on his numbers, obviously Kobe isn't doing that so please stop the madness. They guy had a great season scoring the ball but every other aspect of his game form rebounding to dishes stunk.

As far as Billubs winning the MVP, His team has the best record in the NBA. He makes his teammate better and he distribute the ball as well as anybody not to mention hitting the big shot when needed the most. Their stats (Nash and Billubs) are almost identical but Detroit has the best record in the league and that should give Billubs the edge over Nash. However, the white media don’t see it that way and they are willing to give Nash more credit for the same thing that Billubs does for his team.

The bottom line is, there is no way Shaq has ONE MVP award and Nash has TWO back-to-back MVPs in this league. Something is wrong with that picture.

BTW, Please Don’t twist my words dawg. I didn’t say you’re putting too much emphasis on his numbers. What I said was, YOU ARE PUTTING TOO MUCH EMPHASIS ON HOW MANY FIELD GOALS HE MADE (978) WITHOUT TALKING ABOUT HOW MANY HE TOOK (2173). Which means, he took more shots than anyone else in the league that is why made the most. That was the point I was trying to illustrate for you since you’re mathematically challenged.

MVP is an individual award therefore the individual stats will be looked at

Yes, MVP is an individual award , and no individual stats isn't the only thing that plays into factor when making a selection.

These sports casters aren't looking solely the hottest player in the league with the most points, if that was the case, AI would have won every single season in the last 6 or 7 seasons.

These selections are made with every caterogy playing into farctor, ppg,reb.assist etc, as well as how effective they were with their team, and how successful those stats made the team successful. Did they crunch a division title, what was the team record overrall?

You don't just give a guy MVP becuz he can score 81pts, I bet every good player out there can go and do what KOBE did but the difference is they like to share the ball with their teammates since this game is about team work.

PS:

That was the point I was trying to illustrate for you since you’re mathematically challenged.

You are just terrible jay. Speaking of Billups, and the only way he would be robbed off the MVP is because he had alot more talent to work with then nash.

You are talking Rasheed Wallace @your side, you are talking about the other B. wallace, best defensive player in the league in how many yrs in a row? You got RIP, you got the fresh talent in PRINCE, pure defensive player who also can kill the other teams moral with his shooting ability when the game is on the line. I really don't feel as strongly about who wins MVP, I just want pacers to wrap up the nets series and cavs to get W in DC tonight. Baby steps, playmaker...

Warya Jay, Mr NBA Guru..didn't MJ used to take as many shots? so what the he@l is the difference? Only reason why kobe did win the MVP is because the media don't like him..and also you keep saying kobe don't distribute the ball! are you even watching the playoffs? all the starters are getting double figures because of what he is doing..

LazieG, The pacers is upto 2-1 but I'll bet the nets will come back and take the next three games..

Khayr   

Did anyone see Kobe give Nash a Nat nastttyyy

facial crownin' last night :eek:

Just sick.

Lebron is the MVP, the man has the mightest touch....he plays sweet ball like its an instrument.

Carter's defense is real nice (he blocked J.O'neal and through that ball back to Portland)

MVP race is btwn kobe and nash. Whoever wins there series, most likely should get the MVP.

Lake   

BTW, Please Don’t twist my words dawg. I didn’t say you’re putting too much emphasis on his numbers. What I said was, YOU ARE PUTTING TOO MUCH EMPHASIS ON HOW MANY FIELD GOALS HE MADE

Oh but wait......

I think you putting too much emphasis into numbers.

As far as Billubs winning the MVP, His team has the best record in the NBA. He makes his teammate better and he distribute the ball as well as anybody not to mention hitting the big shot when needed the most. Their stats (Nash and Billubs) are almost identical but Detroit has the best record in the league and that should give Billubs the edge over Nash. However, the white media don’t see it that way and they are willing to give Nash more credit for the same thing that Billubs does for his team.

That has nothing to do with anything...stop pulling the race card..You know damn well the board the votes for the MVP are like half black.

Originally posted by PlayMaker:

Warya Jay, Mr NBA Guru..didn't MJ used to take as many shots?

His giving the MVP to Stockton..The team player that led the league in Steals and assists over Malone that led his team in points

LOL@MVP trophy being handed to the best team player...Please history will tell you otherwise

Contrary to what you say...most of the lakers had a career high numbers this year

MVP race is btwn kobe and nash. Whoever wins there series, most likely should get the MVP.

Dude, you sure you watching the same league as everyone here?

The votes have already been casted, they are just counting the final numbers to decide the winner. Tell me how that would make a difference as to who wins the series between suns Vs Lakers? How is that a deciding factor??(get a grib ninyahow)

PS::Lately, the kobie fan line keeps getting longer N longer, I mean, why are we even talking about the lakers?? The only reason they are in the playoffs and winning games is because of phil jackson, if he wasn't there, we all know where they would have ended up at, "FINISHING WITH KENNY", stop this lakers doing this and that, they aren't going anywhere. Not for a few more yrs, and only if they keep phil jackson, thats their only chance at becoming a powerhouse in the west.

OK guys keep on hating, You still don't think kobe was the real MVP on the floor? Don't let hate take over your mind and your body, especially you LaziG, U are too young to hate and you know that is not good for your health)..Just admit it guys you were wrong, the guy is the best ball player in the NBA..Period...

What pressure? Oh look there are two defenders on him..Ooops! nothing but net, Game over, Go HOME SUNS>>>

p1_kobe-getty.jpg

Not once but twice..The game tying one was the best and the hardest shot i've ever seen under that kinda of situation..