Sign in to follow this  
mojam

2005 Champions League

Man U V AC Milan and Chalsea V Barca are two games to reckon with. The Samba boy against the Ivorian....wonder who would be still smiling this time.... smile.gif

Oh as for Arsenal could just be the chance they needed to get into the finals. So guys dont hold your breath.

SoMa_InC   

It seems like many people up in this joint are underestimating the blues!

Only time will tell...Chelsea will be (In bold) true to the next round! period.

Its really absurd how many people tend to make Chelsea as the underdogs but seriously we will progress to next round and bring the cup to the bridge.

I shall be betting on this soon.

P.S....How many of you lot think that Chelsea will win the Cup if we beat the hell out of Barca?

My opinions on the rest are as follows:

As for gunners...they will be gunned down as usual!

Man utd got a slim chance! I wanna see Ac Milan win.

Liverpool got the easiest of all the english clubs since Beyern Lev... are not in form but surely they will still loose and be done and dusted....I hate that team with passion.

Peace.

SoMa_InC   

you'll never beat the hell out of BARCA ... keep dreaming while you can, soon enough it is time to wake up!!!

Cmon why are you interfering with my dream?...We shall be discussing when I wake up on 23rd Feb 2005 Inshallah.

<<< goes back to sleep

mojam   

What a tight draw!

I'm semi neutral now that Ajax is out, but I want to see AC Milan vs Barca in the finals. They're going to have a rough time getting there with those English team in the way.

Jose Mourinho vs Frank Rijkaard

this aughta be good.

Champions League: Last 16 draw

The draw for the Champions League was held at UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland on Friday December 17 at 11.00 GMT.

Pot One: AC Milan, Arsenal, Bayer Leverkusen, Chelsea, Inter Milan, Juventus, Lyon, Monaco.

Pot Two: Barcelona, Bayern Munich, FC Porto, Liverpool, Manchester United, PSV Eindhoven, Real Madrid, Werder Bremen

Teams from the same country cannot be drawn against each other. The group winners (Pot One) will play the first leg away from home against a runner-up (Pot Two).

First Leg: Tuesday, February 22, 2004

Real Madrid v Juventus

Liverpool v Bayer Leverkusen

PSV Eindhoven v Monaco

Bayern Munich v Arsenal

First Leg: Wednesday, February 23, 2004

FC Porto v Inter Milan

Barcelona v Chelsea

Manchester United v AC Milan

Werder Bremen v Lyon

Second Leg: Tuesday, March 8, 2004

Inter Milan* v FC Porto

Chelsea v Barcelona

AC Milan v Manchester United

Lyon v Werder Bremen

Second Leg: Wednesday, March 9, 2004

Juventus v Real Madrid

Bayer Leverkusen v Liverpool

Monaco v PSV Eindhoven

Arsenal v Bayern Munich

*Inter Milan v Porto will take place on Tuesday March 15.

N.O.R.F   

Its really absurd how many people tend to make Chelsea as the underdogs but seriously we will progress to next round and bring the cup to the bridge.

Frank Lampard (over rated) and Claude Makelele were dominated by Flamini and Fabrigas last week, you really think the Chelsea midfield is stronger than Ronnie, Deco, Xavi etc. 5-1 on aggregate is my prediction! They play against better opposotion every week, Chelsea struggled to beat Man Utd (who should have won with a dipleted team) and Liverpool, they got a dra against Arsenal. This is not another 4-0 win against Blackburn or Newcastle mate! :rolleyes:

Viking   

Northerner,

Football is not only about indiviuals but how well they play as a unit. As individuals, the only class player they have might be Drogba, but akhi their group is going like a well oiled locomotive. Chelsea are doing well and one can only point to the league tables and performances in Champions League to anyone who underestimates them. Barca-Chelsea can go anyhow; Dinho's flares might be the decider, or maybe Chelsea will work as they have so far and get the results they want.

N.O.R.F   

the only class player they have might be Drogba

Drogba cannot play with his back to goal, i realised that against arsenal, plus he cant pass, he can only run at goal and score them at 90mph, he doesnt have the finess of Henry, the guile of Berkamp or the skill of Robben. Robben and Duff are the class players at Chelski.

I still cant see them beating the mighty Barca!

Viking   

Northerner,

Terry, Duff and Robben are the best Chelsea players at the moment but one cannot judge a player after one game (or even afew). Drogba only got back from an operation and that's why he didn't play the whole game that day. But I mentionned Drogba because I have seen what he is capable of during his time in Marseille. He is up there with the best strikers in Europe, we'll see more of him when his game settles. As for Henry, I remember him from his time and Monaco and Juventus. He was a crap player who's improved to be one of the best trikers in the world. Give Drogba some time and you'll see why Chelsea coughed 25 million pounds for his services.

Barcelona are a very good side and are playing some wonderful football, but we've seen them beaten by Milan and Real Betis this season. So they aren't impregnable. The only game Chelsea have lost this season is through a penalty at Man City and the outcome of Barca-Chelsea isn't as easy as some people make it to be. I'm personally a big fan of Barca, ever since the Romario-Stoichkov-Guardiola-Koeman days. But I'm being pragmatic here by saying that it could go anyhow.

Who thought that Milan could be pounced 4-0 last season by Depo (after winning first leg by an impressive 4-1)? Football isn't very predictable as it used to be back in the days. Most big clubs have some quality players who can change the game at any given point.

Originally posted by Viking:

Northerner,

I'm personally a big fan of Barca, ever since the Romario-Stoichkov-Guardiola-Koeman days.

Sxb..thanks for bringing up one of the best memories....Do you remember that CL game agaisnt Man Unt...Stiockov and Romario combined to score a goal thru semi freekick shot..while the game was on..Romario stood on the Ball and stoichkov run from behind to shoot the ball stopped by Romario and scored..I do remember the face of Fergie that nite...

Cheers

I reckon the Bayern V Arsenal game should be a good game. Bayern play a lot more defensive football whereas arsenal are known for their attacking play.

N.O.R.F   

Viking

Chelsea are not as good you seem to think. The real test came against arsenal last week and they looked ordinary against a good arsenal team. Flamini and Fabregas ran rings around Lampard and Makelele who supposed to be the 'world' class players. Imagine what Deco, Xavi and Ronnie will do :eek: In the 1st game of the season Man Utd played better than Chelsea with many players missing. Anyway, dont want to carry on but i think Chelsea will be humbled by Barca, barring any major injuries.