Sign in to follow this  
Grad Student

Pissed As Hell!!!

OG Moti   

If it was a foreign man she wouldn't say no... man you will get ur deeds from god, your intentions were good, it her loss let her walk and tire her legs, All the brother wanted to do was to help a sister in need and look what he gets, everyone is complaining from Somali sisters, isn’t that show you something? Indeed it does to me.. but we say

Allah kariim

Peace

Thank u gentleman OG.

OG-girl, i was trying to make a connection between shifting cultural views of somalis in the US.

Mrs/Miss devil... I generally see Somali woman as diversified in nature as the theme of their attire change; i mean the theme. may be my people are more diversely fluid than i assumed.

In case, u r wondering why I tried to revive this topic, there was no other topic of mine deserved attention.

Caveman   

Its interesting how the Bother was sincere on his intentions, and all of you are making an excuse for her some even suggesting she was following her diin and being Religious.

If it was a different circumstance, say you where only driving alone by yourself instead of the friend, mostly likely she’ll jumped the chance. You know how sista’s are "Not-to-be-seen" theory, this whole topic might have been her telling how she met decent and carring brother who save her.

Salam!

Later

Interesting,But Brother In&Out i blame you for not taking control of the situation, you know very well when somali sisters say "NO" they mean "Yes", a little persistence would have been preferable in that situation.

note: never take "NO" for an answer.

asxantu

No means NO.

Why's the guy fuming anyway? I've offered train seats to older people and been rejected, I've offered food to beggars and been rejected. I offer left, right and centre and sometimes it gets refused. It doesn't take away from my gesture. I don't walk around fuming about how my good will is not grabbed and appreciated.

I've never had a Somali woman offer me a lift while I've been at a bus top freezing or soaked. Men have but they always get a No that means No. It's my business why I refuse the lift, I don't snarl or spit or cuss at them so what's the fuss all about? We're not damsels that need rescuing. If we'd rather walk or wait for the bus, then we'd rather walk or wait for the bus.

Kibir maxey ah? I'm talking about my experiences. Do I have to explain to someone why I won't get into a car with them? Are the men that obtuse or insensitive? U guys are whining all over the Women's section about the state of the Somali woman. Get a life.

How about you share one of your phantom stats. on this one too, OG? I'm dying for a giggle.

Bess.   

:eek: :confused: im so confused and bewildered...r u mad cause the girl refused a ride from a couple of strange men.....let me get this straight....and u think this is kibir....just cause she is showing some common sense....here r the facts...

1. she doesn't know u from adam?

2. she is alone?

3. there r two of u and one of her?

4. it is dark and rainy?

do i need to say more....it doesn't matter to me if u r somali or not....HELL NO...am not getting in a car with men i don't know....it is just plain ****** and dangerous.... :mad:

ps....for all the men out there, would u want ur sisters to get in cars with strange men?....since all men are trustworth, upstanding and good.... :rolleyes:

OG_Girl   

InAndOut, Thanks for explanation . My reply bohemian chic already said it in clear and simply way, ignore every thing and read for her " Is nothing to do you are Somali or Not is you are stranger to her"... easy to understand huh?

Salam

Originally posted by InAndOut:

Some Somali girls (word Some implies most)are complex species or should i say creatures out of place. Their cultural attire change as quickly as their views, marked by perpelexity of change.

i have observed many of my Somali sisters and I am not alone when i say this, there seems to be a trend here. one full of "flip-flopping" nature in fashion. one day the trend is half-veiled, blinding colors hijabs. another day, a designer scarf exposing the neck and a lot more replaces yesterday's formality.

Note: what is up with the flip-flopping?

A remarkable observation, indeed. These Somali sisters are proving to be worthy of the most scholarly study, what with their confounding and often inscrutable ways. How they wear their clothes, how often they change their styles, the relentless and disconcerting 'flip-flopping' all of it incomprehensible. What strange creatures!

<----Wonders when common-sense will return. :rolleyes:

Asalam aleykum all,

I have read all your comments for close to an hour and found a lot of points for discussion.

First of all, let me give my regards to all who contributed..although am not the one who started it all :(

The ladies have got more points to debate than the boys.Infact it was disastrous the way they responded to the generalization issue..how do u say...they do this they do that...it won't apply and guyz will just kill u.

it was wrong in the first place to debate such a topic in a women arena...this is the women..listed under SOL women...take the WESTERN ladies to a general room and if you wanna FIX them...do it there.

and to the ladies...please assume that there are GOOD men and GOOD women...infact it was said in the HOLY QURAAAAAAAAAAAN....

From 009.67 Repentance(Tauba):

'The hypocritical men and the hypocritical women are all alike; they enjoin evil and forbid good and withhold their hands; they have forsaken Allah, so He has forsaken them; surely the hypocrites are the transgressors'.

and also ALLAH...says

Suratul Nuur...chapter024.26 TheLight

'Bad women are for bad men and bad men are for bad women. Good women are for good men and good men are for good women..'

For Those who abuse 'PIOUS' and all muslim ladies for any wrong doings...THE HOLY QURAAN SAYS TO YOU

IN THE SAME SURATUL NUUR BUT VERSE 26

'Surely those who accuse chaste believing women, unaware (of the evil), are cursed in this world and the hereafter, and they shall have a grievous chastisement'.

The Debate is not about COMPETITION...there is nobody competing with another...if you are not secure...or are not a responsible man or woman rather, then you don't exhibit good PATNERSHIP.

All people men and women need to have relationships..you guyz must be good partners.You must have SABAR on each other.

I think the link i got for you would do better explanation...I posted it loooooong time ago

http://www.jannah.org/sisters/wifehappy.html

Ibraheeeeem's smile.gif

Regarding the old topic!

Im assuming you want people to comment on that because what the hell do hijabs and that topic have in common?

Inandout why dont you make like ur nic and get out of here? How dare you come in here and complain about a woman RIGHTFULLY REFUSING to get in a car with A STRANGER?

She not ur family, friend or even aquaintance. YOu expect her to shower you with kisses and thanks? Move on dear brother. Is kind of you to offer...but you should realize that most women would rather walk in the rain, hail, snow then risk their lives/reputation getting a ride with a couple of strange dudes.

The world is a different place these days...and being a muslim or somali doesnt garuntee anything.

Note: what is up with the flip-flopping?

What is up with ragii acting like a couple of dhoocilyaal hilib laga dhafey?

Must you whine, complain, whimper, moan on the subject of somali woman?

You have covered all the areas could could possibly complain about and now its the hijabs right? Whats next?

Salaam

Peace

:rolleyes:

nuune   

this guy asked for some explanation of the siituation he went through, and most explanation came from FEMENIST GRADUATES, why cuz they have more to say, another word, BIG FEMINISTS alwayz jump when something true or logic being told.

socrate was right to offer, if the offer was denieed, then who is the loser, the lady is the loser, he was just doing his duty of helping others, that is all.

I love to hear and read what femenists write, they are horrible