Sign in to follow this  
Chocolate and Honey

New Year Resolution

Blessed   

2010, Insha Allah will be the year I make hajj or Umrah in Ramadan.

Learn to cook like hooyo.

LOL@ Stoic.

We've got something in common. ;) It's more about being sensible and acting my age for me though.. :D

Cabdow   

You say "entrapment" I say "commitment phobia." Number Uno on your list should say "Get over my selfishness and let a decent one make an honest man out of me"

:D Ok Dr phil, your advice is well noted! Though, it might not necessarily concern me per se. But, i have no doubt that it will serve it's purpose to some lurking fella in these boards icon_razz.gif

My New Year resolution....Find, convert and marry an MSF guy. Gosh what a bunch of beautiful creatures they are. Simply and utterly Aaaah...walks way reminding herself of her age :D:D

P.S Why be dictated by a resolution? After all life is about the journey (Lloyds TSB advert pops in my head) aaa aaaa aaaaaaaaaa.....

Urban   

Wow^. Talk about taking the jungle out of the monkey.

I kid. That's an insane level of strength, so in your dreams bruv! :D . You'd be the man if you reach that level.

I never make new year's resolution, whenever i want make a change in my life i do it that particular time and take the action. I dont write a list when it comes to new year, is just any other day, so why make it especial. Besides, most people put on their resolution eat better, why not do it righ now, why do u need to wait till 2010 to eat better, get driver's licence... just walk the talk thats what matters.

Bi'idni Allah Kareem my 2010 resolution as follows:

• become better muslim (with good ebadah and taqwah IA)
  • in good fit and more health conscious
  • improving my marketable job Skills (start new IT courses and be certified)
  • Travel -see new places and people

Hodman, I know it is easy for ppl to say, but there things that you must do. For instance, this girl's new year's resolution was to pray five times a day and become a better muslim. Those kind of things you have to take the action right away who knows if you will even make to 2010.

chubacka   

Besides, most people put on their resolution eat better, why not do it righ now, why do u need to wait till 2010 to eat better.

Because it gives you a bit more time to eat all the c*ap you want. :D

Aaliyyah   

mine are

1-Work on my deen...take quran/hadith classes

2- became a better daughter,sister, granddaughter

2- do well in uni and get my Bsc inshallah

3- Get a job that pays well

4- Apply for masters

5- meet a cute brother (last but not least)

and the list goes on ....bt that's the main ones that you need to know ;)

Inshallah I hope that you all reach your goals and that Allah swt facilitate it. Ameen. As long as we put our faith in Allah swt and we put the efforts...waxba ma xumanayaan.

salaam

Aaliyyah   

As they say "if you fail to plan, you plan to fail". But you don't have to plan for the new year only. I meant in general planning is essential part of life. People are always excited abt the new year and their new year's resolution thou cuz it just gives them the feeling of a new start.

salaam

Aaliyyah   

^lol the point isn't who said but that rather that its true. So start planning and dnt be a quitter just because things you planned didn't work. I mean imagine you planned and ti didnt work, imagine when you dnt plan? is anything gonna work out? probably not. So just plan and put some efforts, planning alone wont get u anywhere either. Efforts is needed.

Hope I motivated you and that you can thank me later lol

salaam