Sign in to follow this  
Chocolate and Honey

New Year Resolution

The Unexamined Life is not worth living --Socrates

Well this is a weak attempt to wean people off the politics section as they seem to be up in arms over the recent tragedy. smile.gif We’re in December, God another year has come and gone quietly :( . So what are your top 5 New Year Resolutions? Some of us made their list when the Islamic year began but others are making it now. What have you accomplished this year? What are you hoping to accomplish in 2010? Is it to be a better spouse, friend, son/daughter, neighbor? Is it to be more committed to your faith? Is it to climb up corporate ladder, change jobs, go back to school or pursue different career options?

I’ve been making New Year Resolution since I was 10, I think. I’m a list making maniac. Each year before I make a new one I go back and check my old ones. It keeps me in check. So here goes my tentative 2010 list:

1. Commit to a healthy lifestyle(eating right, exercising and taking multivitamins). No more excuses. It is now or never.

2. Develop spiritually. Read, read and read some more and practice.

3. Explore other career options(I’m having serious doubts about teaching. I love teaching but there is too much politics involved. A lots asses to kiss. Plus I’m not making nearly as much as I should be. Selfish?).

4. Spend more time with family and friends.I'm guilty of spending way too much time on myself :D

5. Go back to school for Masters Degree

This is tentative so I add/prioritize as I go along. What are your top five(or however many)goals for 2010??

chocolate & honey,

This is a silly and over-rated ritual associated with non-Muslims. So knock on your cranium for a better topic worthy of Muslim participation, darling.

Thank You.

kkkk....I think changes anytime i see my FIKIRADO/AMBITIONs not working but again GEBEDHA TOPIC-GEEDA ma qaldano it is environment eey kuso kortay ....

Mr.Somalia do u sometimes think u are re-active ....lol

^^

Saaxiib, sheekooyinka raqiiska ah, ayaan la i tussin.

Ilaahay kaliya ayaa og inay sanaadkaan aan had kujirno oo 2009 ey dhaafayso, markaasay liistyo iisoo buuxsatay iyadoonan Insha Allah xataa ku darin.

chubacka   

Hi C&H. smile.gif

* Eat and behave more sensibly! (have to grow up sometime!)

* Be more active in reading and learning the Quran, improve v. poor arabic.

* Pass driving test (dua pls Aaliyah) and get a fit car

*Generally try to be more grateful for all that I have.

Now lets hope we all make it to next year inshAllah.

FatB   

i had 4 new year reselutions this year, an islamic one, chinese, normal, and indian.... nun of them lasted the first week!...

Were da last once success?

My 2009 new year resolution were:

1.Start running my own venture-Nah it was not success i ended up working for someone else.

2. Marriage-Nah i saw my self avoiding that..lol

Professionally asking: what does new year resolution is meant?

This is a silly and over-rated ritual associated with non-Muslims. So knock on your cranium for a better topic worthy of Muslim participation, darling.

You're not the judge of whats deemed worthy :rolleyes: . Kindly mind your own bussiness. Thank you.

Rayyan   

^^

Life starts in action and ends in action - so keep on working at your list. and say Bismillah.

Remeber that lady you read her book, Elizabeth Gilbert's(I still remember) how funny it was - I cracked up Walaahi, she mentioned a wonderful Joke of that Italian churchgoer - such a poor man who goes to church and prays before one of the statue of the church one of their great saints, start begging and saying "Oh Dear Saint - Please, Please,and please ... give me the grace to win the lottery." this goes on for months or maybe years, Finally she said as she narrates the story, the exasperated statue comes to life, looks down at the begging man and says in weary disgust, "My son,please please, please... buy a ticket".

The gist /essence of the story is action and more action, and when you look back you will see the attaintment, and realisation of your success.

May Allah be with you all the way.