Sign in to follow this  
wacdaraha_aduunka

Niiko

Niiko .... the only time somali gals look hoooot when she shakes her booty the right way ... still like LillyWater said, no decent gal should do it for the wedding cameras ...

'Bakar Bakar stop the car for me'

and time Renualt used the niiko for their adverts .. now that whats u call 'shake it that *** '

Maf Kees   

The gabdho that are talking smack here about Niiko. I challenge you to send your niiko video to youtube. Get your camera, close the door of your bedroom and record the magic that ensues. I will review it and the winner's father will receive a phonecall from my old man about the wedding arrangements within the next two weeks. You will be given 3 working days to respond. Failure to do that may lead to forcing you to marry me through violent means. Your father will not protect you, because he is in this with me. Calling the police will be futile. I warned them from prank calls from Somali girls who are supposedly wedded to a monster.

Good luck! smile.gif

Niiko is disgusting. Glad am not the only one who feels sick when they see grown women swinging their bums like a weapon. Akhas.

Of course my view has nothing to do with my complete inability to master the jiggly art. :mad:

Gabbal   

Farah, balaayo kuu niikisay. :D

Castro, sow maanun heshiin? You can like niiko but you can not describe it as Somali culture per se. ;)

Castro   

^ Though it may not be a Somali thing across the board, I concede, there's a certain (not so small) group to which it is indigenous. And thank God for them.

The only objection really to niiko is the possibility of fitnah, and I've no problem with that. Just about anything can become fitnah.

Hayat   

lol, farah blue you had me cracking up . :D , man my tummy hurts.

seroiusly though the niiko thing can get quite discusting, whilst i always was a fan, years back i had a traumatic experience of a school mate of mine telling me how she went to a wedding and saw two somali-girls. she said they looked gorgeous but she mentioned how when a "fast-paced" music was on, the girls "moved their asses violently". seing as though this was not a somali-wedding, my tummy churns with the possibility of somali-girls taking too much pride with their niiko. yes lets say i am traumatized for life!!

Salaan...

When a 60-year-old habar kor iyo hoos isla aado, sidii wax jini kusoo dagay, it is a fine art, culturally approved dhaqan, and should be applauded.

But when a 20-year-old shakes her thang, it is completely and unbelievably discouraged, not based on religion by regional sensitivities.

But ask any person, which one should s/he prefer: Either watching a granny sidii boorana camal wax kusoo dagay u bood boodeyso or that niiko?

Anyway, ninba iyo naagba tiisa ayaa la quman.

And speaking of niiko, I was once having my hair cut in a Soomaali baarbiyeeri, where the studio next door [actually they are separated by an inner door] -- the studio, that infamous Hall of F[sh]ame, was playing a newly arrived niiko video from Shabeellada Dhexe. Oh, Lordy. Maxee dadka ku shamuunsanayeen. Mid walba alaabteeda maxee soo dhigtay.

Finally, an old man ayaa la dhahay gal, oo la ciyaar gabdhaha. Understandably, he refused. Again, waala barye. Still insistently refusing. However, ugu dambeyntii waa yeelay.

Ar dadkii baryaaye wax ayee ogaayeen. Ninkiiba isla markiiba jini kusoo dagay. Ninkiiba no more old man yahay. Cirka uu joogaa. Gabdhihii waxooda lux luxaaye intii hoosta laga galay, saan idinku sheego ma kasaaye, but I remembered whoever wrote the lyrics of adi lee barakadaa bukeen karaa or ...soo hoobiyee, halahoo isii, midig ka dhaw, bidix ka dhaw sii sii malaboow sanjab, sanjab had indeed seen that old man's heyday in action.

He was indeed both bukeening and dhawing at the same time. :D

I therefore call that a true art, buraanbur too may be, but not in that league.

Tuujiye   

Waraa niikis kii ahaa maalmahaan waaba iska gacan galye... bajaq kaste waxee u qabtaa Niikis in uu yahay normal dance.. waxaa arkee baryahaan bajaq aan kuunto saarneen oo is luxeeso markaas aad u qabtaa Mas kugu soo socdo.... Waraa gabdhihiinan kuuntada ku oolin, asxaan noo fala ee niikiska farah ka qaada inteesan sinta muruq idinka galin.... Niikis waxaa ku fiican gabar kuuntada ku taalo markee maro dhexda kaga xirto kuunto nooc kale ah kusoo baxdo oo dabaq iyo wili fooq leh....markee luxeysana u luxdo xaarin baliil la dhexdhigay camal.

Kuunta waxa loo kuusay, kastuumo loogashay oo gadaal loomariye aa la dhahay heee........ Maxaa kale in loo gaad gaadtamo oo laga tirtiro nooh.............

Wareer Badanaa!!!!

-Lily-   

Vibe, don't worry, a lot of weddings nowerdays niko is banned or discouraged. I find it very distaseful when a whoel crowd is watching a couple or two girls, men, women, even older women. Do they feel no shame? Even watching it if you are not doing yourself, it's not on.

If only ppl would remember WHICH part of their body they are playing with.

Originally posted by Pure blood:

Awal ban iri, all other things aside, the huge difference between the nobles and the not so nobles is daqan iyo xishood; they have none.

Who are are these dhaqanless & Xishoodless ppl? :confused:

I did not personally insult any of you guys, besides it's freedom of Speech.

Who are are these dhaqanless & Xishoodless ppl?

Quite honestly, I thought that it would be self-explanatory, is it not :confused: