Sign in to follow this  
wacdaraha_aduunka

Niiko

Ibtisam   
:D:D i don't know about the dancing farah. Bit scary to say the least. The women are perfect as always. lool :D thanks

nuune   

^^^ Sheikh short khamees ah oo niiko jecel ii koow oo meel fagaara ah ka sheegayo waliba, sheeikhyada khamiis gaabka wey qarsadaan niikooyinkooda ee maxaa ku qaadey Socodoow!

Great stuff indeed, guys, this is only a sample from a Somali film, so make sure u get the full version if u r interested NIIKOOS.

PS: I remember Socodbande saying something about my avator long ago, he dismiised my avator as an ugly niiko and should be changed smile.gif

Originally posted by nuune:

PS:
I remember
Socodbande
saying something about my avator long ago, he dismiised my avator as an
ugly niiko
and should be changed
smile.gif

I said that... funny cause I don't remember. By the way, I don't know what dude in your avatar is doing. By the looks of it, it looks half-hearted attempt at break dance move. It's more of an enigma than object of my derision.

Daqan noma aho niiko, qof weyn oo sharflehne ma niikiyo; I understand the younger generation, but those all people dancing like that is wrong, and not of the Somali culture.

Castro   

Niiko is about the only thing that is 105% Somali. Just about everything else has been borrowed from Arabs, Indians, Europeans and everyone in between.

Make niiko, not war. :D

Gabbal   

^Whoah, I would never have taken you for an anthropologist. :rolleyes: Sxb, niiko is about un-Somali as you can get and no I am not taking about the Western-influenced Somali culture going around these days in the diaspora. Moryooley niiko garan meyso, ceebna weli wey latahay ya akhi. If Islam is a byproduct of our Arabian connection, then Niiko is a byproduct of the African connection by way of the Gosh and Mushunguli peoples in the fertile lands between the Shabelle and the Jubba rivers. ;)

How in the world you assumed that with the conservativeness of the Somali nomads is still beyond me.

Buraanbur, saar, gabay, etc are some of the aspects of our culture considered 105% and above Somali and and only Somali.

Cara.   

^And of course those people living near Shabelle and Jubba are not Somali. And we are not African, we just have an African connection.

As for the niiko, I've just smashed my "Learn to Dance" DVD to smithereens.