Sign in to follow this  
wacdaraha_aduunka

Niiko

Gabbal   

^Well no, the Gosha and Mushungulu peoples are not ethnic Somalis and of course Somalis are African. Is not Somalia located in the African continent? smile.gif

HornAfrique arent North Sudanese and other north african people ethnic arabs or are they ethnic africans meaning bantu??? Walaahi if someone is in doubt if somalis are arabs then go to Salalah in Oman as I was born there and ask those people whether they are somalis? They lived there all there life but they cant speak somali only arabic but they're elders will tell you what qabil they're from as they havent forgotten that aspect. The Omanis have an almost exact version of our buranbur that they sing in weddings and when they're a conflict between clans they all sit under an acacia tree so how somali is that??

Tuujiye   

ABOOTO DHACNAY IISHA ILBUUNEEEEEEEEEEY!!!

AJAAAAAAAAAAAJA WAAKA BAQAY!!!AAAAA

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Castro   

Originally posted by wacdaraha_aduunka:

Walaahi if someone is in doubt if somalis are arabs then go to Salalah in Oman

You're wacdaro alright. :rolleyes:

Wait a minute what do you mean “those people living near Shabelle and Jubba are not Somaliâ€

Explain please, who are they if they are not Somali?

:confused: :confused:

ElPunto   

Originally posted by wacdaraha_aduunka:

HornAfrique arent North Sudanese and other north african people ethnic arabs or are they ethnic africans meaning bantu??? Walaahi if someone is in doubt if somalis are arabs then go to Salalah in Oman as I was born there and ask those people whether they are somalis? They lived there all there life but they cant speak somali only arabic but they're elders will tell you what qabil they're from as they havent forgotten that aspect. The Omanis have an almost exact version of our buranbur that they sing in weddings and when they're a conflict between clans they all sit under an acacia tree so how somali is that??

If they can't speak Somali then their ancestors may have been Somali - but you cease being a Somali when you have no connection with the language as the whole culture is tied to the language. And as such we are not Arabs - we have a different language and dhaqan though there are many shared similarities.

Gabbal   

Wacdara and The Point, my intention is not to jumpstart a moronic debate about Somalis are Arabs, wait no Somalis are Africans. That is not my intention nor do I care about that, because we are what we are: Somalis. It is my full believe that we are not Arabs (whatever our ancestors might have been), and that we are Africans because we reside in the African continent. I consider a white boer in Cape Town as African as I am in that respect. So please cut it, because I can already sense where this discussion is leading and it's moronic and time consuming.

Wait a minute what do you mean “those people living near Shabelle and Jubba are not Somaliâ€

Explain please, who are they if they are not Somali?

You can be an American but that does not make you a native American. It is my firm believe, as backed by full anthropoligical research, that the peoples living near the Shabelle and Jubba are not ethnic Somalis. Saying that does not make me racist nor prejudiced. It is just the truth.

ElPunto   

^Got it - Somali origins talked to death. I dispute your assertion about Shabelle/Juba people - there are many groups who live there. Only a minority have been isolated or isolated themselves and remained distinct but the majority of the residents are Somali or have been Somalized generations ago so they are Somalis for all intents and purposes.

Maf Kees   

A white Boer is not an African and never will be! They came to this continent and were welcomed by a people who were not familiar with the concept of possession of land, but they misused it and the rest is history.

If they came with peace and lived with the locals in harmony, than they might be considered Africans, but to say a Somali is just as African as a White Afrikaner is just plain boolshidh and an insult.

Besides we are more African than you are willing to acknowledge. If not niiko, there are countless other Somali customs that we share with or resemble those of our other African brothers. I mean we are Africans after all, aren't we? And not because we just live on the African continent.

A century ago, Somali women showed more skin than average white teenage girls do anno 2006. Was that also un-Somali? A byproduct of the 'African' connection? Yeah Somalis have always been really conservative allright!

Castro   

Farah Blueow, HornAfrik is a "direct decendent" of Arab royalty so don't let his nickname fool you. Also Arabs are into belly dancing which involves the movement of another body part. Hence his lack of familiarity with and appreciation of niiko. As Africans, the niiko was and is a form of communication. Clearly we speak a language he understands not. :D

Balayo naarta ka niikniikiya. War iga tag this has to be the unsomaliest of the somali folklore and traditional practices in modern somalia.

I say this becoz can you imagine a miyi or tuulo xalimo Somewhere in Qabridahare,Luuq,Las Qore,Galkacyo or mandera singing something along the lines of "Bidix kadhaw midig kadhaw sinsin malabow..sanjab(sp)" & then a proud Geeljire farax responds by saying,something like "Waalaasha waaye waraabaha ha siinin" .Balayo waraaba haa idin siiso. Btw,what exactly does that stup1d phrase/line mean?

ilaaha naleh dhaqan umalihin this business of shaking those blessed badonkadonks :D

Speaking of which,make niiiko not war :D

Aduunka Somali oo dhan ha dihin wa Arab descendents ;)

Secondly, those people who live in the Shabelle region and the Jubba's are not ETHNIC Somalis; I don't even believe the people from Bay iyo Bakool are ethnic Somalis eithier. There are only four clans that are considered ethnic Somali, that does not mean they are not Somali-lians (anyone who is a citizen of Somalia is a Somali-lian, just as I am an American now).

Also, what makes you "African"- being African is not a racial or ethnical thing is it? No! It's used to identify the continent your from, same as being an Asain, Europen,North American, or Austiralian; and any person who resides in the continent of Africa is African, be the Boer in South Africa- who infact were there [the southern part of South Africa] before the Bantu people, so how do they not have claim to that land? Next you will say the Egyptians and Morrocans aren't African.

Haneefah   

Ikhsa Caleyk dheh. How utterly disgusting. It is nothing but purely shaytanic! It just literally astounds me how some women could stoop so low as to 'iswalaaq' like this in front of people (mostly males) and not see how much they're degrading themselves. Like, even if they have no regard for their religion whatsoever, wax damiir la yiraa baa jira. And forget about the dayuusiin of men who cheer for and join such fitnah.

Ya Allah Hadee.