Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Somali's and the caste issue in marriage

NGONGE   

^^ Your location is blocking out the shiny message you're sending. :D

Malika,

In Somalia, not much of this would happen because not many clans live in the same areas (generally speaking). But in the West, I find it hard to believe your version of events. :D

The way I see it is thus:

Girl/boy meet someone somewhere. They fall for them. They decide to marry. Family gets excited. Parents have a heart attack when discovering that their child is marrying someone from a different clan. Child insists on the marriage, families give in. Everyone lives happily ever after (until a lover's tiff takes places and the whispers about such and such clan not being any good).

Of course, there are also stereotypes. For example, I've heard it said that the men of Xiin's clan are fond of multiple marriages. So whenever a girl from any different clan comes home to her parents clutching the hand of a little Xiin, they warn her about this worry trait. :D

I wonder what is said about my lot! Lets hope it's (als)something manly..like beating women or something.

Malika   

^ Welcome to SOL.

:D:D @ little xiin's hand..looooool

You don't go out much huh?

Tell me,if there hasn't been an increase on same clan marriages in the last 20yrs? and more so in the west,you will be suprised.

In the olden days,it was actually shun upon to marry ones inadeer..waxaa laa dihii jiree,you got to find reer abtiyal for your kids.

now on the subject of your lot and their reputation, hmmmm will pm you..Loool

AYOUB   

^ The whole topic in an emotional red herring. We all know loving is generally easy when the other person is beautiful, healthy, educated, powerful, youthful etc etc Disclaimer: THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS. I call the major exceptions TRUE LOVE. Waa halkii gaaladaa; in sickness and in debt.. or somesing like zat.

The likes of General Duke (and the above newbie) can climb on a high boat and lecture, but the reality is; the admin that he praises daily has a M.5 formula which excludes the native marginalised clans from political power in Pirateland . Duke's clan cousins from the south can migrate to Pirateland and be part of the establishment, whereas cousins of the marginalised clans are IDPs and could be kicked out anytime. On top of that, Duke's got the nerve to ridicule the likes Maryan Murssal when they give their backing to projects trying to reverse the major symptoms of this kind of exclusions in other regions.

Sh. Sharif used lecture against the 4.5 formula and the "caste system" when he was the head of ICU, but we all know what the u-turn he did last year.

Like MJ said, if you wanna make change... give or support the ones campaigning for the political power of down-trodden people so they too could be among the "easy to love" ones. In the mean time, let's take easy on the crocodile tears.

Ngonge –first of all – kuli fitna is YOU, followed by KK. :D people are getting all indignant at Ibti’s comments because she mentioned Southern Somalis and the outcaste Somalis at the same sentence in which she said basically that they are all the same to her in terms of equality and she would equally discriminate against them.

While you two (Ng & KK) have mastered the art of “afka labeen – uur ka sakiin” by hinting, allude to and even worse sneakily admitting to argue for endogamy spiced up with a waffle baffle hidden as scholarly work with foundation in religion. Poor Ibti is left to carry that budh around, bashing heads like an in-love Neanderthal. :D

and i am here, lying to people everyday at work - claiming - Somalis are original egalitarians franly; we somalis are nothing special - we are racist/prejudicial as the next person on this earth. but we shouldn't be.

AYOUB   

lol@ rattle your cage

No inabti. I'm covering for A&T while he holidays with Bushra. I also have to take the mind off the cold wheather , among other things.

Paragon   

Originally posted by Malika:

^I have seen that..Feeling superior is being without the taqwaa of Allah,as we know we are mere human beings[with all our imperfections - including going to the toilet,smelly mouths,rotting within hours of death..after all mere - human.]

I still await Paragon's response,
what is this about reserving 'somalinimo',after all who created a man? is it then the task of a man to reserve a man?

God created Somalis (most of humanity) into qabiils. He said so in the Qur'an. He also added that the reason was 'to know yourselves'. If He didn't want to create us as we are currently, He would have made our composition into qas iyo lab . But He didn't. Thus, that gives us (myself in particular) the permission to stay as gob cast as I can. Somalinimo for me thus equates to gob-animo. Which is ofcourse followed by Xornimo. You understand?

So let's not mix the gob and the guun. It only produces a mongrel society. It's just my preference, and I don't like or dislike those who wish to mix things up. No hybrid genes for me.

Simples.

Malika   

^LOL@covering for A&T,Hadeey saas tahay your failing miserably Inabtii.

I believe he would have gone the extreme either way[let see if this will bring him out]..lol

[We do miss the man]

Originally posted by Mr.Paragon:

quote:Originally posted by Malika:

^I have seen that..Feeling superior is being without the taqwaa of Allah,as we know we are mere human beings[with all our imperfections - including going to the toilet,smelly mouths,rotting within hours of death..after all mere - human.]

I still await Paragon's response,
what is this about reserving 'somalinimo',after all who created a man? is it then the task of a man to reserve a man?.

God created Somalis (most of humanity) into qabiils. He said so in the Qur'an. He also added that the reason was 'to know yourselves'. If He didn't want to create us as we are currently, He would have made our composition into
qas iyo lab
. But He didn't. Thus, that gives us (myself in particular) the permission to stay as
gob
cast as I can. Somalinimo for me thus equates to
gob-animo
. Which is ofcourse followed by
Xornimo
. You understand?

So let's not mix the gob and the guun. It only produces a mongrel society. It's just my preference, and I don't like or dislike those who wish to mix things up. No hybrid genes for me.

Simples.
Mongrel? For real? So it is your genetics and way of living that turns the child into something that can be called a mongrel? No, of course not, it's the other sides. And how is this sort of language and thinking compatible with what's in the Quran about being created as tribes so we may know. So we may know better than this. Surely. :confused:

Malika   

Paragon, indeed simple.

Knowing ones qabiil and discriminating against someone based on qabiil is two different issues.The topic here is DISCRIMINATION against others,nothing to do with your SUPERIORITY complex.

Indeed it is your preference,no one is denying you that..

ps.You want to tell me your of a "PURE" genes? from whom Adam[AS]?

simples indeed.