Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Somali's and the caste issue in marriage

Malika   

^It seems so,but why feel superior,when you shit,and stink like everyone else,even those beneath you anyway..LOL

Malika   

^ :D ,Ahmed Deedat[AUN] was a man of substance,May Allah reward him accordingly in Jannah.

Recently I went on a training,how to wash dead bodies[yeah,am hired if any of you returns the number]..It really puts a lot in perspective,we are just a pile of shit[pardon the lingo]..as soon as that breath-[ruh]is switched off. We the incredible machines[indeed we are incredible -credit due to the creator]..we start to rot and rot we do..subhanallah!

Now tell me ,where does pride fit it in the bigger picture? No where!!

This topic was not about Ibti and her love of reer Xamar men, nor was it about Ayoub’s clan marrying into others of south Somalia, which they do in ever increasing numbers. Lets cut the crap, NG, as ever will confuse the hell out of everyone with his talk of Nasb. Others will reenact old battles in other threads.

Now Ayoub made a heart wrenching attack on Puntland :D and how they exclude these clans, indeed his region is full of utopian idealism in which Maryan Mursal visit is held up as an example of progress. He forgets decades ago Maryan Mursal was born into a reer Mudug family was a star who’s father was one of the most respected men of Galkacyu and who married Ahmed Ali Egaal when he was a member of a boy band. But Ayoub is talking about a school in Hargaysa? ;)

People marry their relatives due to proximity, I have a cousin who studied in India and has an Indian wife. If someone lived in Japan, and fell in love with a local girl, would they think of Nasb? Give us a break lads, the discrimination of Somali clans in unacceptable and there is no valid reason behind it.

Also Marrying ones cousin is quite absurd.

my daughter insha Allah will have the right to choose who she wants, as long as e is decent she will get my blessing. I prefer a Somali though that's where I won't compromise, he is a revert , a nice Pakistan won't do, culture is important and no one wants cnfusion and difficultyfor their child.

:rolleyes:

Cara.   

Well, it's interesting reading all this. I'm pretty sure everyone is trolling everyone else.

1)Gobonimo

The ultimate S&N. Gobonimo is a personal attribute, not something bestowed on you through an accident of birth. If you think otherwise, I have a train ticket to Hogwarts to sell to you, meet me at station nine and three quarters.

2) The "I'm willing to do it if they are educated, religious, good-looking" charity drive

This one is less egregious, because you are at least trying. But think about it: do you have to verbalize those qualifications for someone of your own clan? Or are you more likely to shrug off their nasty qaad habit, dead-end job and 4 children from 3 previous marriages? Why does someone from a minority clan have to jump through hoops before you give them the OK signal? Can't it just be you like their silly jokes but can't stand how they are always late? Pretty eyes but no financial sense? They won't stop to ask for directions but will sit beside your hospital bed until the doctors hook up an IV machine for them too?

3)"I want to stay close to my family (ie, clan enclave)"

I actually think you should stay close to your family. That means if you're living in Bosaaso and someone from the States proposes to you, a big fat NO is your answer. On the other hand, someone from Hargeisa is only a dusty car ride away, so that might be a nice doable change of scenery. Everyone in Somalia is closer to one another than most of us are to any of them, and chances are it's going to stay that way. To think that people really think distance is an issue in a country the size of the average American parking lot is mind-boggling. To think that physical distance is code for cultural or social differences makes me laugh in disbelief. As far as the majority of Somalis go we are embarrassingly homogeneous society, the major difference being we call our breakfast foods different words (canjeero vs loox, what an unimaginable divide!), or say gabar instead of gabadh when we really mean doocil. When someone serves you oodkac when you were expecting muqmad, is it rude to ask if it's xalaal?

The only interesting differences, from the minority clans, is still far less significant than the difference between my cousins living in Denmark and my folk that settled in Sweden. I think I could manage to learn af maay, but I'll never pick up French, German or Liverpudlian to communicate with my nieces and nephews.

Now that I got that out of the way, I'm back to believing we are all trolling one another, no?

Blessed   

Tuujiye,

So you can call a whole group of people uneducated and not be qabiilist but Ibts is one for not wanting to be with a Southerner? Hmmm!

Perhaps, Ibts doesn't like southern shukaansi? Not many northern girls can stomach the 'abaay macaan qoradxu aday kaa nuurtaa' and many of my xamari girls are adamant thet can handle the 'naa waad is ku dhacaysaa'.. It all starts with the shukaansi, ya know.

NG and Paragon,

Kafaah sounds like nonsense in the Somali diaspora context where your all refugees, mahaa? Many other scholars such Ibn Qayyim, Ibn Taymmiya Ibn Masood oppose it too. Anyway, those who feel superior might benefit from this.. this

ElPunto   

^Cara - way to break it down. But you still have haven't answered whether you will run off with a 0.5 Farax should the opportunity arise? :D

PS - 0.5 thing was in jest!

NGONGE   

^^ Ayaayo, even you? :D

I was not endorsing the positions of those scholars. I was merely picking you up on the point of it being haram.

Blessed...You are using the term loosely.I don't know of any reer Bari, Mudug, Hiiraan, or any other region outiside Xamar and enviromens that used the word "abaayo" unless everyone is claiming from Xamar.

Has anything been accomplished in this thread so far?