Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

All the Way from BURCO

Malika   

Xanthus, you have already been to Miyi? that was a quick trip, baal igaa waraan geel jiree yashii?

Have fun!

NGONGE   

Xanthus,

Why are you telling us all these little lies, dear?

It's a universally acknowledged fact that the good people of Burco shun anything to do with technology and computers. You can't possibly have logged in from Burco you bloody fish! Maybe they lied to you and told you that Hargeisa is Burco. :D

Ps

A couple of goats in someone's back garden is also not the same as the great outdoors that you claim to have visited. Then again, if you spent all your life in high-rise buildings someone's little back xoosh would seem like the darn Kalahari Wilderness to you. :D

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Xanthus

Why are you telling us all these little lies, dear?

It's a universally acknowledged fact that the good people of Burco shun anything to do with technology and computers. You can't possibly have logged in from Burco you bloody fish! Maybe they lied to you and told you that Hargeisa is Burco.
:D

Ps

A couple of goats in someone's back garden is also not the same as the great outdoors that you claim to have visited. Then again, if you spent all your life in high-rise buildings someone's little back
xoosh
would seem like the darn Kalahari Wilderness to you.
:D

Hahahaaa, Walaah inka maynuun ya NG, Gosh you devastate the girl's expedition to miyi, you are a heartless old man :D

Paragon   

Lol@Rokko. OK, guys leave Xanthus alone. I am sure she hasn't been milking the village Ari-Carbeed. I am now ready to believe that she has gone to the Miyi. You see Xanthus, I believe you :D .

Ibtisam   

loool, you guys arte well funny!

JAc: I did not start from burco, i strted in hargisa, via berber (at nyt, missed all the good sights) to burco all the wy to hawd to see my der mum.) Now i'm back in hargisa, leaving 2morrow via DJ back to normality, it was only an unplanned two weeks.

NG and co, Wait til i post a picture of your old house and the silly suuq in burco with billion flies, and meat on the table, did i mention people (men sitting in little huts chewing) oh i must have forgot to tell you guys that BURCO is reer miyi pretending to be reer maaagal, it was the worse experience of all. I tried the fish in berber on the way back and it was tasty but not as everyone makes it out.

Did i mention i found true love, my ne home- shike...that is until you get to the board control- they are soooo mean and rude, but the place is ceej, really magical.

ME: your little tree is everywhere, my edo loves it, it is called geed xamari and there is something that smells just like it that grows in Hawd- want some (of the real deal)

something that burco and HArgisa share--slow internet and hard keyboards, i have yet to see a flat screen internet cafe.

anyway see ya, in you don't hear from me it means i died on the crazy *a*s*s plane- with non working seat bell! from HArgisa 2morrow.

NG i'msure the good people of burco are offended by your claim! and as for my miyi trip...well well, seeing is believing wait for the pictures old man, ;) maybe one day you and me won't be so scraed to visit, holding hands ofcourse.

bye

Ms DD   

Inshallah safe journey Xanthus. That not good review. I wanted review like Val's where she made Down Under sound like xeebtii al jazeera smile.gif

Leeeh is Xanthus ibti??Lool I thought the darling left SOL.

Please make an announcement next time you change your screen name people,it saves alot of heartache and confusion :D

Burco is lovely.Def has alot going on and developing fast Masha'Allah.The (at times brutal lol) honesty of Reer Burco has had my vote ever since my short stint there smile.gif

me   

Xanthus,

oooh do I , do I, do I, bring some of that geed xamari for me. And I believe Puuja was intrested in it too. She needed a secret ingredient for her tea too.

Have a good trip back.

Cara.   

Count me in too. I thought I knew everything that could be added to tea.

Have a safe return Xanthus.

RedSea   

Xanthus ,

Dear you made one huge mistake which I hoped you would never make.

I don't if you can recall but I and some other nomads reminded you that whenever you are going back home, your mind should be cleared of everything that you had in London or any luxury you experienced while being away from home.

You should have instead gone with the mind set, that this is a country and its people whom have gone through devastating civil wars for many years, who have no help from outside except what we provide them with. You should have focused on teh peace, and the way people are getting along. However you simply went on to compare Apples and Oranges. The Airplanes aren't the same offcourse, the roads aren't as nicely paved as London or whereever you live. The people aren't as 'good' looking as those who are drinking the casiir abroad. This my dear friend should have been your mind set.

Above all, you should have gone with the mind set that this is your home, where from generations to generations have grown and called home, this is where the name of your ethnicity comes from, Soomaliyad.

Too bad, you have already gone there unprepaired, I just hope your next attempt goes smoothly and without so much negativity. Good luck next time around and may you return safe and ' normal' back to luxurious life in London. Amiin.

Cara.   

^ :D

Red wants anyone who visits Burco to wear prescription strength rose-tinted glasses.

You should have focused on teh peace, and the way people are getting along.

Compared to what, the London Blitz?