Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

All the Way from BURCO

nuune   

two weeks is too small, you can't make all that judgements in just two weeks.

haddaan ahaan lahaa nin Burcaawi budh baan kula dhici lahaa badankaagaan baxdin iyo boogo miidhan ka soo saari lahaa

As always, people usually spend their first week recovering from the long journey not to mention the noisy planes.

the second week, most people visit qaraabo and eheladii in their homes or they visit you in your home.

so that is it, you didn't explore anything, the only place you went is small market they sale camel meat and that is where you have seen heads of sheep being sold there plainly kam yasir kam yaqum waa imisa wax iga dhin.

One more thing, about the miyi you went, did you drink camel milk, if you didn't, you should try it so the fish and chips will come out!

Other than that, next time, make sure you have a good time and explore everywhere not just the mini market where you spotted 25 daqsi or flys, that put you off I guess and ruined your trip, the tables that serve the meat, of all the places, you went meesha xoolaha lagu qalo iyo lagu kala wadho

Finally enjoy your trip and may you have save home back.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

quote:Originally posted by Xanthus:

As for political, I was never beating the drums for the state, but whatever little good view I had of it is gone down the drain.

I can picture Norf murmuring "Inantan yar yaa naga qabta, shiidh". I am sure he will be here shortly.
:D
Maxaa lasameeya saxib? But she is probably now my ilmaabtiyo since she stayed in London iyo Oktobar!

Burco is at an obvious disadvantage when it comes to development. I dont know of any NGOs there whereas H-Town has so many.

I will be over seeing a shipment of medical supplies from UAE to Burco this coming week. That in itself tells you the scale of the 'we can only rely on us' attitude of reer Burco. something not to be sniffed at.

Xan, glad your back safe and sound laakin dont post any 'compromising' pics of my home town dee 'anaabti' :D

Red, see you there in July IA

NGONGE   

She's hoping that everyone will forget and this thread will die! :D

Where are those alleged photos?

In all these aspects Burco failed, the people have not developed in attitude nor have their mind set changed, the fact that every guy has a toori or buud or gun with him (with the exception of few waadados) it self speaks volumes. The fact that big (age) and responsible looking men and women name call you (daaqaan ceelis, dollor baan kaa daacie, maa shaalee baad timi, buufis etc) and follow you for Xaarabo reflects the shaaqaalaan and reer miyinimo.

THAT IS THE BURCO I KNOW ,,,,,,,,,,,,, :D:D

NGONGE   

^^^ It'll take the poor girl a long time to recover from this. :D

I wonder if she got chatted up by the Burco boys! The 'you dropped a coin' line is the smoothest I've ever seen (they exported it to Burco enclaves all over the world). :D

NGONGE   

^^ I used to think it's shukaansi xumo but now I think it's the most direct form of shukaansi in the world. At any rate, it's much better than the Hargeisa style of trying to tell the girls a bedtime story when you only have a two second window of opportunity. The burco boys jump in and out. :D (apart from Northerner; he had a cup of tea in hargeisa once).

loooooooooooooooool :D:D ,,,,,,

Yes they are so direct and sometimes even kind of forcing you know ,,,,,, :D

I remember this man, he went to Burao and wanted to Shukaansi this burcaawi beautiful lady, she then started to insult him left and right and say words here and there ,,,, he was so amazed and simply quitted the shukaansi and run away ,,,,

In the morning they met in the street and she was like ,, ALLA WAAKAN NACASKII XALAY ,,,, he then said: SOODIGII I CAAYAY MAAHA MAXAAN ***** KU NOQDAY WAXAAD KU HADLAYSAY MIYANAD ARKAYN ,,

She happily smiled and said:

WAA ANAGU SIDAASAANU WAX KU KALA QAADANAAYE LA QABSO ,,,,,

:D:D:D:D

Ibtisam   

lol^^lol

Ngonge, yes it is taking me time to recovery from my run around...did not even go to work today! but then you don' believe went anywhere... oh well never mind...

North..lol okay. u should've told me i would've taken a picture of ur house. :D and of course i won't shame my town with the picures... i'll send the bad ones to Burcaiiw's only :D

Val: lool, thanks

Xiin: you are welcome.

ME: I have enough for me only atheer .

Dabshid enjoy

nuune: What i with the under handed comments, pray and justify your comments. As i said this was not holiday so i did not have 1week to rest and one week to visit family like "normal" people you know. I had somethings to sort out and do. In any case Daaka sida lolama haadlo. I don't know what you found so offensive and further more Angia ayaa adig in REd baa iidin kaa xiga Burco so don't worry meel foog kaa maa maagayo, just nastexo and the truth. No one helps Burco, and they are visably behind Hargisa, they need help and they have not develop, and they cannot do it on their own... is that a lie??? if you think so, then see for your self or prove me wrong. I find it odd that you are outraged that i'm "judging them" yet you can do the extact same thing to me about where i went and what i did, based on assuptions and fewmiused words. In any case don't mix your words, state waax kuu haaya clearly and without daacdac, it saves time and effort and quicker answers.

ANyway. these below are taken from the car on my way home from the aiport in HArgisa.

541027912_557c177279_m.jpg

Just leavingthe aiport

below are just few nice houses and new developments i saw,shops and pharmacy.

541027922_ab61304899_m.jpg

541027926_058ddb5754_m.jpg

541027940_975e167d7f_m.jpg

541027934_204eb084b5_m.jpg

541027944_8d3796a6e0_m.jpg

Ibtisam   

FEw More from around the city, I stayed in Gooljaano, so a lot of my pictures ae from aound that area and t suuq

541158421_de61c7db87_m.jpg

541158427_ef7d5800ab_m.jpg

541158433_c2e6b76cd6_m.jpg541158471_d91c45900b_m.jpg

541158491_f269d9f0d3_m.jpg

541158495_9aa85b2ac1_m.jpg

^^this was at Hargias Hospital :D

Ibtisam   

THESE are From BURCO. OF course ive posted the bes pictures as requested :D

These are the new Bridge:

IT looks really good, bit hard to take a good pictures as there are so many people who will have a go at you!

541175505_65d2a37405_m.jpg

541175521_739fbf805c_m.jpg

541175525_dc81d2f090_m.jpg