Waxan filaya inaaneey gaarin xafadaha Oktober iyo London

Xafadaha Hargaisa yaanan kubillabin warya
:D

loooooooooooooool ,,,,,,,, iska bilow balaayo badan kuma ogiye :D

The most xaafad name i laugh at it is the one starts with U ,,,,,,, :D

Remember those other places with something Yuurura ?? :D:D

RedSea   

Northerner iyo afsomali maxaa kala haysta? :D

There is nothing to sugar coat here, the truth of the matter is, there is nothing that could compare, not London, not New York, not hollywood to my beloved city of Hargeysa. That is the truth. My Niyad tells me that.

I am going next week, I will send you pics and everything you need, I bet you will be itching to get off your western hellhole and wanting to jump on a plane and be where I am then.

The sun, the breez, the afternoon qaxwa, the people, the Aadaan, did I mention the ocean view from Zeylac, Maydh and Xiis, the beauty of Hargeysa' twin mountains where our home is close to.....my friends, my relatives. Are you kidding me poeple, it's too much good to really call it negativity. Then again, inan yar oo ku naaxday chips oo waligeed arag flies maxaan kala yaabi. :D

BTW...if you don't find me, then I will be chilling and getting too lazy to lift a finger to type a single phrase into the keyboard. aaah lovely.

Hargeysaay here I come: hargeysa.jpg

Ibtisam   

Well well where do I start, look at you grown men throwing your toys out the pram because of my comment about Burco.

Red sea, lol at my mind set, to be honest I was really looking forward to going back home, in fact I was starting to think I was feeling homesick for a place I don’t even remember. As for expecting too much, my expectations were not high at all, in fact I was impressed with everywhere else I went but Burco. (I will of course explain why, it was certainly disappointing as Burco is my 2nd home town).

Yes red sea I watched and observed how people interacted with each other and how they treated others and each other, in some places it was golden, n others e.g. Burco it was shaaqaalaan and reer miyinimo. :rolleyes:

Let me start from the start, I believe some of you think you deserve an explanation. But firstly let me tell you what I based my judgement on: IT was not on the size of buildings or how newly built or designed they were, (MArshallah there are many newly buildings that will give London houses a run for their mortgage) nor did I base my judgment on the few rich dudes (sadly I did not meet any rich dudet) but rather on the average life style of the people I met or observed, the opportunities available to them, development in attitude and mind set and of course actions. In all these aspects Burco failed, the people have not developed in attitude nor have their mind set changed, the fact that every guy has a toori or buud or gun with him (with the exception of few waadados) it self speaks volumes. The fact that big (age) and responsible looking men and women name call you (daaqaan ceelis, dollor baan kaa daacie, maa shaalee baad timi, buufis etc) and follow you for Xaarabo reflects the shaaqaalaan and reer miyinimo.

But I do have an explanation for why this is, it is not because people in Burco are less hardworking, less dedicated or committed to helping themselves, I just think that they have been in maagaol a lot less than people in berber or Hargisa.

Red sea, seen as you mention the roads and general outlook of the place, I do have something to say about it! The sad thing about Burco and Hargisa is that people for the most part are doing their share, but certainly in Burco and to some extent in Hargisa evidently the people need support to rise and this support is not being provided. Although it is nice that there are booming business, buildings, schools etc, these are privately own and do not create a sustainable dev of elopment. Burco is full of people who are striving to do their best but lack of authority, law and order and leadership is so painful obvious in Burco. There is no recognised & practised code of conduct that is enforced, hence why people walk around with weapons. Street crime and robbery is also out of control (more so during the evening) (on side note whatever people say about youngest in the west……it is very odd how things change during the nyt in Burco and hargisa! ) this lack of enforcement and help from a state that rides on their support, but even in Hargisa public services is not exactly in place either. Bucro comes to a stand still when it rains heavily (unless you have a certain type of car), with the shuubaan outbreaks recently rumour had it that the hospital was too full to accept people and they were taken to a near by school for doctors to visit.

Things like rubbish collection etc (although there are individuals who collect hem from outside your house, they just throw it around the city as you will see in my pictures). The number of fake doctors, out of date products and unhygienic goods are all a product of lack of authority, not to mention the lack of regard for health and safety (just look AT the bus loads etc)

Overall my impression of Burco was that they need a lot of help and development before they can really reach their full potential. For ANYONE who is looking to do a development program or even a business in Somaliland, there ARE better business opportunities in Burco in comparison to Hargisa, There are sectors that are still untouched and the truth is the only people who can better Burco is the people of the town.

North, odd you mentioned those places, I stayed in London, visited my sister in October—nice houses.

The thing that I found that was so odd in burco is that there is a lot of land which is supposedly owned miles off the city, but there is less development and building work being carried out.

As for the good part, I walked all over Burco and it is inspirational when you see how different people are struggling to make a living and become better off, some of them running shops out of their homes, while others build tents in market places. I walked from the new bridge around to the old bridge back to the football stadium (if you can call it that! Lol) what was sad about that is that there is a rubbish dump there and I did not manage to find out what the NGO was, but apparently the settlement there was placed by this NGO, right behind the rubbish, they get some sort of food, but mainly survive on handouts. There number of poor people (mainly women and children) who have recently arrived in Burco is immense, and more apparent in burco in comparison to Hargisa. While in Hargisa new arrivals have found homes or relatives to stay with, in burco they seem to live in camps.

In total I stayed in Burco for 5days, 2days in the miyi 8days in hargisa. Looking back now I wish I spent more time in the miyi, for me that was the most enjoyable two days of my trip, maybe because I saw my mother and siblings after 16years, maybe because it was open space, less crowded and most of all more peaceful and quiet in comparison to the usual loud cities I am accustom to.

Whatever else is missing from Somaliland it certainly has natural beauty, absolutely breath taking in some areas. The content struggle people endure just to make ends meet is something that is truly remarkable and admirable. It only highlights how much individuals could achieve if the will is there. As for political, I was never beating the drums for the state, but whatever little good view I had of it is gone down the drain, the credit belongs to the people who live and work and survive their, they certainly don’t need someone to pi*ss on their achievement regardless of what banners they hold!

Overall it was an experience, a great one, and under different circumstances one that I would have enjoyed more. I was stretched for time, but I do wish I spent more time their. I did not get to do any of the tourist things people do, like go to hotels, sight seeing etc, I spent a lot of time travelling and did not get much time to research areas I wanted. Inshallah when I return in few months I will make sure I do all those things.

[/] i'll upload the pictures on monday when i get to work inshallah.

p.s.

what suprised me was the role of women in the society, whichi would go into another time along with my time in Hargisa!

EDIT

Red sea, inaa yaar you say, hmm anyway i hope you enjoy your stay. waax kaal kuu orranmayo, regardless of inna chips kuu naaxo iyo inkaal :)as for comparing it to city's, read my comment above.

p.s.s and yes i made it bACK TO MY HOUSE! :cool:

Ibtisam   

thanks but ^^^i think they were afarid i might snatch them! :D naah they just wanted money and mobile phones! lol

or... to as RED will say... Maaxe kuu faalayan ina yaar oo chips kuu naaxade :rolleyes:

Ibtisam   

He probably just thinks i'm throwing my dirty washing in the open, and i did not diss Burco, just stated they need help.... don't get it twisted, as Somlis will say niin kuu caalcal kuu maa caayiin. Pluz it is my impression. I'm sure he will be fine. if not miiyaad oo khaalaan baan uu soo heele

As Somalis acknowledging reality is hard thing to do. I have seen people that went to all Somali lands and coming back with praises about everything that they saw there. But if you press them little harder, they couldn't tell anything progressive that larger society has gained over the years. Apart from previaling peace in the Sland/Pland, and few buildings owned by diasporo, our people have little to show. The average Somali is poor, illiterate, and barely surviving.

Originally posted by Xanthus:

As for political, I was never beating the drums for the state, but whatever little good view I had of it is gone down the drain.

I can picture Norf murmuring "Inantan yar yaa naga qabta, shiidh". I am sure he will be here shortly. :D