Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Male-free Zone.

-Lily-   

That would just be too freaky SS, not to mention it takes the mystery out of people. We are Somali and eventually whomever you meet there will be someone who knows Ina hebel’s, who is the son of Oday hebel, twice removed from heblayo, who studied this and whose cat died falling off a tree. We have our own gossip network.

Totally unrelated, does anyone here use Origins for their face? Clarins? Prescriptives? I’m growing tired of E45.

Yeah lily that was back home, or maybe cause you live in a highly somali populated place, but what about those gals who live in remote areas?...And now with all the technology often relationship tend to form people not in the same city,state, country, or continent, so how accurate is the information gathered through hebel and what not?

Did you ever wish to have known something before you spent a lot of time on someone?

As to your unrelated question, I have no idea what those are, not surprising since I don't live in london :D:D

Ms DD   

SS

Something like that would be great. How many of us we wished we knew someone well, before we fell head over heals ;)

Maybe someone should set up a service. We are new immigrants and obviously something like this doesnt exist. But Lily has a point, you can find out someone in no time. I knew someone who met someone else online, within 6months they got married but she found out his clan, and eventually found out that his mom and her mom were best friends 50yrs ago and the family know each other very well.

Ms DD,

It has been comment on how crazy I sound so I can't help it but reading your SOL nickname makes me think of unappropriated things :D:D

Having said that I think you are right in some ways there are certain ways to find things and we tend to somehow be connected despite distances, but the information I am thinking of is little bit different. I mean knowing his family background is good but at the same time you might not get "objective" input...If you were to be in a serious relationship consider things you would want to know...For example, the past relationships, financial standing, criminal history, ...etc.

bee bye SS

Ibtisam   

Work is killing me today, Errrg.

Are you guys still talking about men, and how bad they are, iyo relationship iyo waaxan loo jiidin :D:D Can we have another topic plz.

lol Ibtisam that wasn't it...We were discussing the possibility of Somali Woman finding the investigative services useful in cases where they have no way of finding out the truth about a potential marriage mate in a nutshell.

If not interesting to you maybe we can talk about another non men related topic...Do you have something in mind?

One I have thought about recently was whether we ladies living in diaspora have chosen our careers more out of financial security reasons than passion?...Do you feel like we get the opportunity to discover really what we are good at or passionate about or are we constantly keeping the welfare of our families and responsibility in the forefront when choosing our career path?

So if you weren't doing your current career, what would you have liked to dabble in?

Malika   

^ Once you have a family,you and what you want becomes secondary.Your first priority is the well being of your family. So yeah,there is a lot one has to sacrifices,adapting the selfless attitude is paramount. Me believes!

So if I wasn't doing what am doing now, by the way I love what am doing, and the balance it has offered in my life. I like people, and doing humanitarian work would have suitable me, so perhaps I would have been on the front line at a war torn country, running a rehabilitation centre for those whom have been tramatised by war.

Ms DD and SS, I wanted to share this extract from a friend's shared thoughts;

"Muslims that were blessed to be born in a Muslim family, especially the sisters, at times they forget how good they have it.

What I am saying here it could seem strange to another Muslimah that maybe was brought up in a strict household but to me this is a kind of a luxury that unfortunately Muslims take for granted, and sometimes wish they could escape, but it is something that new Muslims like me miss out on.

Usually when someone reverts into Islam they already lived part of their life differently, made already mistakes and burned many bridges at times involving family ties which usually deteriorate by becoming a Muslim.

I know that a few of us sisters at the moment are looking to get married but are finding this very difficult as I feel there is no protection, no guidance, no parents to watch out over our shoulders and guide us to make the correct decision.

What I find generally is that prospective brothers find this like and "easy ride" in a sister who does not come with "inconvenient" strings attached, no family to investigate who he is, what he does and what he had done in the past.

This is why personally I think for us new Muslims nowadays finding a spouse is itself like a Jihad that can make or break our lives and cause some sisters to find happiness or sometimes stray in the opposite direction. Personally generally speaking I think there should be more sisterhood around between reverts that will involve the sisters "parenting" each other in the absence of the relevant authority figures that would warn us against bad decisions that our gullible and naive minds might take."

It looks like its a shared dilemma,huh?

Ibtisam   

^^

"Dating is a numbers game," she said. "I need to reach a large pool of guys."

Seriously this is silly :D $3M for a man, shiid, she should just take the money and live in a cave with some aid tools and a heater.

Malika: How you doing sis? Avoiding me these days are you?? Anyway

our gullible and naive minds might take."

I think she's pointed the problem naive and gullible, with or without a good husband she needs to find a cure.

SS

One I have thought about recently was whether we ladies living in diaspora have chosen our careers more out of financial security reasons than passion?...Do you feel like we get the opportunity to discover really what we are good at or passionate about or are we constantly keeping the welfare of our families and responsibility in the forefront when choosing our career path?

Mine provides no security, financial or otherwise, but it is something I am passionate about. My family hate it though, I always get why can't you a doctor, nurse, midwife yad yad ya. :rolleyes:

Malika   

^ smile.gif , Alhamdulillah,I am good sis. Oh yeah,pure guilty conscious there sis,so am accumulating the xaal to pay you. smile.gif

check your PM.

Ibti,they are naive and gullible only due to the fact that when they had converted to Islam,they are introduced to a loving and caring community. Only to later find out its not all that glitter is gold,to find men using religion as a way to a woman's knickers etc etc..lol These friends are well learned women but naive in a sense they make assumptions,based on their pure hearts. Don't we all huh?

Whenever I end in the presence of a convert Muslim woman, I can never help feel both excited about Islam and Jealous for their passion...I think there should be an Islamic Organization, for the women and by the women, to meet the needs of its Muslim community.

Ps. Malika I meant to say this earlier to you...I love how eloquently and simply you express yourself.

Ibtisam   

^^Don't give her a big head please. icon_razz.gif Soon she won't be able to walk through the door of this thread. :D Heheh lol, I agree.

Malika, it is a shame that their little perfect vision is messed up by selfish self seeking men. :rolleyes:

Malika   

^ smile.gif

SS..I am simple woman dee, lol thanks sis.

Their enthusiasm to Islam and anything Islamic is so admirable..Mashaallah!

Ibtisam, you are totally lucky, couple of days ago I was feeling down about not yet reaching my potential...I wish I knew what I wanted :mad: :mad: but there are so many things I have always found interesting and exciting...Hmm if I wasn't in Health career now, I think I would be a Psychologist, possibly a sex therapist :D