Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

ADVERTISEMENT: Ali and Awrala: A powerful Somali movie!

The individuals dragging a meaningless argument based on assumption are totally destroying the intention of the movie and I am sorry, but I cannot let that happen.

yOU WOULD THINK SO, WOULDN'T U?

HORHOR, ITS PLAINLY OBVIOUS THAT YOU HAVE QUITE AT STAKE ON THIS PROJECT, WHY ELSE GET THIS WORKED UP OVER A RANDOM MOVIE.

SO WHAT ONE PERSON IS DISAPPOINTED WITH THE LITTLE THEY SAW? ITS HIS/HER GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO JUDGE, AND FRANKLY, YOU CAN'T HUSH PPLE JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE STAKE AT THIS PROJECT, U PROBABLY MAKING PROFIT OF SOME SORT.

CRITICS ARE EVERYWHERE, DEAL WITH IT.

ON OTHER NOTE, DID YOU KNOW NEGATIVE CRITIC IS JUST AS GOOD AS A POSITIVE ONE? IT KEEPS THE AUDIENCE GUESSING, IS THIS MOVIE BAD OR GOOD, AND AT THE END, THEY WANT TO DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES.

THATS HOLLYHOOD 101 FOR U SON...

ps:BROTHER KHAYR, WHAT KIND OF A MONSTER DID U CREATE IN KHALAF? THIS KID NEVER QUITS, HE JUST KEEPS ON GOING AND GOING...

SeeKer   

Originally posted by Khayr:

From your statement, one can conclude that the the protagonists/lovers/main actors in the movie take the right directions in their lives. By that I mean; since they have a brain and 'morals', that there choices are
correct and free from error
. So if they chose LOVE at the expense of ALL ELSE i.e. family, religion etc., then it is the right choice for them to make.

Priorities

Love is #1, Family #2, Allah #3....or #3000

You are echoying morden sentiments and cheapening things to -sentiment (love).

Tsk........How about clarifying my position for you since your brain context is placing my statements in constraints that weren't there when I wrote my statement.

Generally speaking,there is a notion that most "preachers" on the net lay their "calling" on. That is, the person you are speaking it has no action potentional capablities in their brain cells to tell if their actions are wrong. To degrade your audience further you are also under the assumption you are right. Lo and behold anyone disagree with you then out comes the verses to further cement and prove your correctness. All people are not cut from the same cloth, furthermore a person's religious do and don't are their own demons to wrestle and no matter how much you would like to believe that what you say impacts them, as soon as they close that screen your words fade to black.

Which leads me to ask, Why the need to carry your religion on your sleeve? Is it to your own "selfish" end or is it to a betterment of society?

Remember, Birds of the same feather, flock together . The person that constantly reaffirms your thinking is one you will keep near and the one who doesn't finds themselves on the other side of the fence with you. ;)

Lets not turn this into a senseless arguement. I concede you are right in your world and therefore keep up the good job and convert those dumb heathens, who can't think for themselves, to the right path. :D

Back to the movie, I can't see myself watching it unless it happens to find itself into the house.

RedSea   

The guy is not dress well first of all,the girl on the other hand is pimping.

The make up job isn't that good,the guy still seems as though he has been some random guy walking in the street,which was ambush to take a photo with a beautiful girl.I am sorry,but "Cali" doesn't seem to be a romantic guy at all. lol.

dhamaan salaan meel fiican baad dooda marinaysaan waxaan idiin sheegaynaa in aan waraysi dhegaysi ah ka qadi doono soo saraha filmkan abdimalik oo soo sare ka ah somtv waxaan firsada idiin siinayaa dadkeena ku dooda halakan intii aan kari karo in aan siiyo firsad wixii suaal muhiim ah u qaba abdimalik waxaan ku dalaayaa in aan suaashiina gaarsiiyo waxay faahfaahin kala xiriir wiilwaal47@hotmail.com

fadlan sualo hufan oo aan qabyalad iyo waxa kale ku jirn so *** haddad cod ku dhiibanaysan kaba wacan :cool:

Aaliyyah   

I wanna watch it , where do i get it ?? i know there is this somali store at Lawrence and Weston, do they have it ? this somali movie doesnt sound half bad.

wa salaam

Abwaan   

I was lucky to be one of a few selected guests to watch the film before it comes to screens this weekend. This was held last night in Iman Restaurant, London.

This is an amazing film with good quality allround and it sheds light on Quursiga waayo badan soo jirey ee bulshadeenna dhibaatada ba'an ku haya. My advice to SOL is PLEASE GO AND WATCH IT if you can.

for more details check here:

http://www.somtvfilms.com/europe.php

Aaliyyah   

Well it doesn't say on the website when they gonna do it in toronto, so I will check the site regularly insha-allah, and when they do count me in I will be one of the first ppl to watch it lol...insha-allah I will see it, one reason being just wanna support my somali ppl, and second the movie is abt romance :D

wa salaamu alaikum

p.s. Quursiga maxa la dhaha ??? wa iga su'aale. :confused:

mantra   

Originally posted by Paragon:

^^^Viking lol@Sinzia. Very good, I know. Corney lyrics- "I wish I could be your saliva, so that I could tase your lips whenever' lol. Even more corny 'I wish I could be your shoe, so that I could have a better view' The rest, is too risky to mention.

Back to the topic, no Vikes, I have no problem with copy rights.

lool what a filthy song, Kenyan's are worse than Somali's when it comes to creativity, I can't believe a Somali "movie" generated this much argument....talks of legal action :D

I've read the book and judging from the trailor there are no similarites between the two except for the names Ali and Awrala

Shame really the book was lovely from what I recall.

P.S Those slaps looked like they really hurt. redface.gif

Laba-X   

It is this rubbish that passes for a Somali film nowadays.

Magacoodu ha ba'ee, magacii bey nooga ciyaareen! Cali iyo cawrala kulahaa!

Suport? there is no way on earth i am paying 15 quid for that rubbish mate!

Blessed   

I hope it comes to Dubai, not much Somali activity here.

It was made in similar fashion to all other attepmts of Somali film makers-not a class act, but in relation to Somali audiences, quite OK.

This is curious. So it's okay to keep throwing shabby, second rate productions at us?

I can’t stand people who base their lack of professional standards on having an unsophisticated audience / consumers. You always get that from Somalis, it's annoying :rolleyes:

^^^ Well in most cases, it is the only thing available to audiences because most Somali filmmakers have little or no budget to work with, so naturally the standards are lower.

Not that you have to put up with it though. Personally, I'd rather cut the cast in half and instead spend the money on better equipment, these days it's not that hard to make a reasonable broadcast-quality indie film with very little money.

The problem is that they are trying to make a profit from Somali audiences, who will be copying the film from habaryaar Casho soon enough - when they could get better investment if they were aiming at the 'world cinema' audience and indie festivals. They need to think bigger like our African counterparts.

Still interested in seeing it though.

Blessed   

^I agree. I've seen quality budget films from Africa and by quality I mean a good original storyline, meaningful dialogue and decent acting.

It's all about respecting your viewers. Somal have long graduated from the stand-up riwaayad and BWood era.