Sign in to follow this  
dawoco

From kings to paupers-The hierarchy that sets the trends.

dawoco   

WARNING- DO NOT READ THIS TOPIC IF YOU ARE LIKELY TO GET INSULTED AT THE LITTLEST MENTION OF CRITISICM.

In SOL there is a set hierarchy we all adhere to. The way the website is used is fascinating and complicated. It takes much observation to understand the different sets, their ways and their behavior, let alone analyzing them, but the longer they are observed, the more a pattern emerges.

Let’s start at the top. There is the admin, who is as manly as they come. He happens to be an original authoritarian if I have ever seen one. It could be related to the fact that he heads a web site and needs to be strict. And being able to ban and give permission to join any one is indeed a role that comes with the strictest of disciplines. After all, we are here with his permission and at some level are cautious of his wrath, compelling us to all be on best behavior.

Then you have the moderators, who are the KGB of this place. They mingle amongst us and have a certain power about them, which they use with discretion. As can be expected of bureaucrats, they are politically correct and even have two females amongst them, although they of course are confined to the women’s section. As befits their role I suppose. They, the moderators, together with the admin make up the bourgeoisie of SOL.

Then you have the proletarians. They too can be divided into little groups.

1) The elite. They are the ones that have been around the place for as long as anyone can remember. They are also the posters who have gone over the 1000 mark with their posts.

2) The upper-middle class. The ones that post only things that are worth posting, like greatly thought out debates and Islam related articles, but note, not political articles. These people can drum up names of Greek philosophers who died by decree many centuries ago to support their arguments, where necessary.

3) The “we like to argue for the sake of arguments†group who do just that. They are often confined to the politics section.

4) The individuals who come to SOL to share ideas and find like minded and not so like minded fellow individuals and who enjoy the controlled environment SOL provides.

5) The drifters who post in which ever section they find themselves in.

6) The new generation that comes online to have fun, and sometimes read the topics with depth. The only times this group posts a serious topic is when it is related to a home work and they intend to use the ideas of others to further their school career.

7) The flocks, which support one another and reply to each other to create a cyber clique that create a hype around their group in order to generate popularity. They remind me of the Dutch saying “als een schaap over de dam gaat, volgen er meer†meaning “if one sheep jumps over the dam, others will followâ€.

8) The ghost members who every one has forgotten, and who in turn have forgotten ever being a member in SOL.

9) The voyeurs who aren’t members but who come to read what others have written, and who can leave the place when bored.

10) The ones who have stumbled across the website searching for something else, or Somali net users who were in search for a new place.

That is what I have found through many months of observation, naturally this is only the tip of the ice berg. But in essence it seems accurate enough.

What is your take on this? Have you found yourself in one of the groups? Or perhaps you are unaccounted for? Maybe you belong to more than one group, and can’t decide whether it’s positive or negative?

However it may seem to you, have you noticed the way the structure resembles so much of society? It is like a mini island with all types of colorful characters.

I challenge one and all to vote who belongs where without fear of reprimand and without political favoritism.

Let us see if there is a common consensus here.

Baashi   

That is it! It all comes together. SOL is not a classless virtual gathering place anymore. We belong to different social stratus without being even noticing! If I could only be in the upper-upper class with nomads who have the virtual wealth. You know in the real world, in the distribution of material wealth, I’ve been overlooked. It is only fair that I should be placed, along those who made it virtually, in the highest strata. That would be the day.

Dawaco why don’t you revise the post and compose it in a way that is sympathetic to my virtual character. I think you and I should be in the same station :D .

Paragon   

Lol@Dawoco....

I really didn't knew we had a Marxist amongst us. This is not good. I shall, from this day, refer you as the Instigator.

Baashi, sxb calaalka iska dhaaf. Sababtoo ah, aniga iyo adiga iyo rag kaleba isku moora ayaan ku jirnaaye. Note that I count myself among the proletariats.

Edit: Are my posts' distasteful? Well, many senior Nomads think thus, perhaps I have crossed the proverbial line. By God, this is an epiphany! I find myself apologizing ceaslessly; mea culpa once more.

With Salaams

PK

Interesting topic dawaco..

Even thou i find this whole statement "subjective" and as we are all aware, what one considers appropriate standards will NOT hold water for another.

(sol) virtual world consists of individual interests, educational purposes, curiosity, in persue of relationship, some create artificial cyber image of what they lack in real life and try to make up for it in the virtual world...

Mutakalim,

I respect a man who uses his own creativeness,thought,knowledge to discuss a matter rather than blato's.....and i would appreciated if you would give your own opinions rather than researched theory of what john dou thinks on a perticular subject.

PS: am disappointed at the fact that you have edited your post, a man should always be consistant with his intentions.

asxantu

Sincere   

PK

Its not the first time you’ve thrown down the gauntlet in this forum with a cavalier attitude. Displaying arrogance and egotism must be therapeutic to you. Or pray tell, is it to entice and coerce lengthy diatribes from the masses you consider “un-intelligible†and “ineptâ€(for personal amusement)

Old Aristotle once said if you can't annoy someone, there's little point in writing

As time gnaws away, the gist of your â€vendetta†posts have emerged like a mist in the night. What spawned this cavalier attitude you have relentlessly bombarded SOL with?

Sorry dawaco, back to the topic. The underhanded below the belt jabs, discolor the Shakespearean character PK who so often bestows us with intriguing posts. He mingles among the “courageous guardians of the stateâ€. But has potential to elevate himself to “elite†status.

That’s my vote.

How come I cant find myself in any of these clusters....

Something is not right!!!.. or may be Dawaco has not included some parts of the society into her analysis!!!... or may be they like to work underground and use the society as chess pawns (puppets) should i mention the Freemasons of SOL..heheheh :D:Dsmile.gif

Cheers

Tuujiye   

Like the real world, the virtual world is often ruled by, as Plato pronounced, "barbarians", those who are unfit to rule.

Thank God you are not the Admin..lol..Xasadsanaa xaarka kugu dhagyee!!

The rest of the SOL species are indubitably, as it were, the iron and copper constituents.

No body, the rest of SOL species don't have the time to look at a dictionery so they could understand what you are writing..Maybe if you stoped pre-writing your shyt from a dictionery and pasting it here you have a chance to chat with us..

P.S. The Republic presents an ideal , utopian social stratification system of governance that is based not on opulence. It is not a democracy, oligarchy, timocracy, theoracracy, or monarchy. Sometimes you must lie to the lesser species to form a "sustainable" society; hence, the story of creation.

Let me traslate this guys..XUXUXXUXX..."kdslkfbgaslkfbaskjdfalsj ee dajh;sdhuas ee kudhasdhfsof ee sdjf;sa ee waa hagaag"..looooooool

Your a joke man!!!!

Dawaco..lol..sorry sis but ninkaan waa u jeedaa ani ma u adkeesan karo..Socholtes iyo Plato iyo Gourgias ayuu hadal kooda nala soo gale..Like the play called Antigone by Plato if y'all know, his most adore character is probley creon..lol..

I hope you know what I'm talking about Dawaco..lol

Caafimaad badanaa!!

Gabbal   

Feebaro You are a crack waryaa :D:D

Dawaco I know where I belong to:

3) The “we like to argue for the sake of arguments†group who do just that. They are often confined to the politics section.

:D:D

lol Zulu, because you are a legend, you are above and beyond those types of groups mentioned above...

Dawaco, why can't I not be found in one of those clusters as well???

Find me, Find me DAWACO...(I know you can)

Originally posted by LayZieGirl:

lol Zulu, because you are a legend, you are above and beyond those types of groups mentioned above...

I know... I know... I shouldn't ask such q, After all it is not a soup question!!

Er' Me not Zulu..Me from Zu..a place far far far awaaay...

I hope dawaco finds a cluster only for Lazie :D

Cheers