Sign in to follow this  
dawoco

From kings to paupers-The hierarchy that sets the trends.

NGONGE   

However it may seem to you, have you noticed the way the structure resembles so much of society? It is like a mini island with all types of colorful characters.

It is indeed like an island. We’re shipwrecked and running out of food. We’re not gifted fishermen/women. We need to eat! Cannibalism you say? Let us eat Mutakalim. Hmm, deliciously acidic! :D

As for your kings and paupers, your analysis has some semblance of truth, but I prefer to class EVERYONE as foot soldiers in Nur’s anarchist army. :cool:

Edit (because I saw Mutakalim's edit):

My comments are ALL done in jest. Hope you don’t take them too seriously. Mia not Culpa, lakin kolay ba eska raali aho :D

dawoco   

As you can tell by now, characteristics are showing. Baashi and J11 hold the v.i.p. card into the 1000+ posts club. You can tell by their subdues attitude, that they are more relaxed about their approach to forum life than perhaps the rest of us. Sophist, simply because he has been around just as long, has the same aura to him.

Notice how they are in control of their responses, you neither get confirmation nor a denial about their elite status. Indeed, Baashi even shows the characteristic of so many elitists by denying his true role and down playing his heavy weight status, just like powerful men in real life who don’t want to be associated with their power simply because flagrant display isn’t in their nature. Sophist too does this to a lesser degree.

Although J11 is in that particular 1000+ posts and beyond group, his role in our virtual society is quite different. Just observe how quick he labelled me a Marxist, the objective is to not draw attention to himself by all mean, so he can go about and fulfil his role as a moderator. In this particular topic, he points the limelight at me, rather than at himself. As many bureaucrats, he doesn’t like to be typecast in the top group. He undoubtedly belongs there, but due to his interactions with the rest of us, he has come to believe that he may dabble a bit in both worlds.

Allocating Mutakalim is a bit more difficult. At first glance you could assume that he belongs in group two of the proletarians. But woe-betide anyone who classes this particular self made gentleman into a proletarian group of any kind.

He has high aspirations of being in the top section of the pyramid. But alas, that place is occupied by the admin and the moderators. Those with power to their disposal.

Realistically speaking, Mutakalim shows the characteristics of the upper-middle class, and even their “look at me I have arrived†attitude. Unlike the others above him, he has taken the responsibility to label everyone as unworthy and un-knowledgeable. Look how his attitude differs from that of the other well-placed nomads. He would be what in the rich world is termed as “new moneyâ€, as old money is silent money.

Discreet, Shoobaro and Feebaro are conscientious proletarians. They are highly aware of their roles, and there for will not take kindly to Mutakalim’s gibes. Each of them uses a unique style to put down the own worded Mutakalim.

While Shoobaro goes for the diplomatic and plain, yet polite everyday English, Discreet uses a more formal tone, the tone one would use to chide an unruly child. Feebaro adapts a totally different style. In his world, there is now place for people of our esteemed nomad’s ilk, and therefore he just brushes the comment aside as nonsensical and irrelevand gibberish.

Legend of zu can’t perhaps be placed in a group according to how much he has posted, but we can place him never the less. Look at his member number. He is one of the old nomads and generally well liked, in the same way as Baashi, one might say.

Sherazade and Lazie-girl are group four, of course. They have their own individual look on life. Lazie-girl, I hope you won’t be insulted when I say that you seem to be an extreme version of me. We both have a bit of seven in us, but our individuality wins out at the end.

Then only one remains. Ngonge. This well humoured nomad belongs to group five, naturally. Find a forum that his quick wit hasn’t been unleashed on, I dare you..

Let it be said that most of us belong in more than one group. And we would be surprised by which groups they are.

I for one would like to adamantly claim to be an unwavering individual, but truth bids me to place myself in groups three and seven as well as four. Although I daren’t venture into the “politics†section, I do have my fair share of arguments that seem uncalled for

To my excuse, it must be said that we are prone to fall into cliquey behaviour at bad times, and arguments at the worst of times.

So what part of what I said do you agree, or even rather, disagree with? Share your ideas, the good the bad and the plain ole unnecessary argumentative. Let us all show our true colours, for once.

NGONGE   

lol@^^^

You remind me of this lady:

_1791042_sandra150.jpg

Day two in the Walalo Yar house:

Febaaro is in the Kitchen making a Tuna Sandwich. Shoobaro is mowing the lawn. Seven of Nine and Barwaqo are in the diary room. They’re complaining about Qacbaro’s recent behaviour. Apparently, he doesn’t help them out with the dishes! Big Brother (the admin) can’t reply (because he’s a baby). J11 is talking on his behalf. He ignores their pleas and presents them with a new mini task. They have to sing the entire Somali national anthem in tune. Their gift, should they pass this task successfully, is a full basket of personal hygiene products (horood, xaba sood, indha cool, etc).

OG-Girl wakes up late again and starts an argument with Febaaro for eating her Tuna! Juxa and Ameenah are in the bedroom. They’re gossiping about Sullen Su’s perfect skin. They’re wondering if she uses chemicals to assist her in keeping it that smooth and perfect!

DA comes out the bathroom and starts arguing with Shoobaro on the correct method of mowing the lawn. The fire alarm has been activated. Febaaro has burned the toast again.

PS

I think I belong to 3,4,5,6(without the homework bit).

Gabbal   

Although I daren’t venture into the “politics†section,

Please do, I would like to see what you say about it. :D

Edit: Are my posts' distasteful? Well, many senior Nomads think thus, perhaps I have crossed the proverbial line. By God, this is an epiphany! I find myself apologizing ceaslessly; mea culpa once more.

Mutakalim I would say alot of nomads, and specially Feebaro :D , are scared of what you write ;) Perhaps they don't want to hear the truth and are scared of it? :D

OG_Girl   

waaw, Dawaco.I think I belong to more than group plus I like to ennoy older people just to see how far they can stay cool against my sarcatic comments.

So my dear find me a catguary just from OG ... smile.gif

Muchooo thankoooosh smile.gif

NOGNGE...lol I don't eat tuna wallahi I have bad elergic ..once I was almost dead cause I ate tuna sandwich without knowing.So feebaro can have it all my Tuna by himself and leave Pepsi for me...lol.

Mutakalim, is my hero . Some times I just go by nick and read all his posts ...I am little Mutakalim's stalker redface.gif

Salam

OG_Girl   

HornAfrique, glad to see you in this section. I would love to read you more often outta from Politics Section.

You are too good to be there with these wolves (as Gadiid like to call them ) ;):D .

Salam

^^^then we must wonder who the guilty party is? :D:D

I surrender to whateva list my faceless name falls into,but i place meself in only meself :D:D

"There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is always the same" or so they say

ps: Ngonge, you are a true sport and gentleman...i looofis ur avitor smile.gif

asxantu

Aduunkaan Cajaaib Badanaa! Eray yar hadaan qoro, afarta gees ayaa laygaga soo weerereyaa. Hadaba in aanu bani adaam ku xadgudubno waa arin uu Eebe nagaga digay; suubanuhuna wuxuu yiri "maalinta qiyaame dulmiga waa dulumaat". Dadyahow, ma ogtihiin, maalin un, waxaad qu hadashaan ama qortaan in la idinku xisaabinayo(waxaad Somalia Online qu qortaan xataa ha ahaado). Qof raacsan diinta nabi Maxammad oo Ilaahay aaminsan maxaad ka rabtaan?

I think it points to Dawaco's prudence to write a "disclaimer" at the beginning of this thread. Nothwithstanding, many members choose to ignore this as they commenced to post their ever rancorous remarks. The rationale behind my post is not the eliciting of a firestorm of hostile comments. It is just that I do not "censure" myself as I write; althought from experience, it would be advisable to do so.

OG Gal, I find contentment in the fact that some Nomads do not always find my posts "offensive" or percieve an aura of "isla weyni". From all the accusations of arrogance, I was almost led to beleive that I am haughty person. Pheew! :D

With Salaams

PK

Gabbal   

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

HornAfrique, glad to see you in this section. I would love to read you more often outta from Politics Section.

You are too good to be there with these wolves (as Gadiid like to call them )
;):D

Salam

I don't know if I can stay very long in this section. It's a little too civilized :D;)

dawoco   

Ngonge, you are a man of many words. Thankfully you have chosen pictures rather than closing down SOL with the weight of your words of wisdom. A picture does indeed say a thousand words. What those words are, Iid rather not point out :eek:

Mutakalim, bro if you say something stick to it. You remember how Socrates took the death penalty rather than conform to what others believed to be normal and take back his ideas. If he had chosen the easy way out and lived, rather than sticking to his guns, would his ideology be worth anything to so many today? How many scholars would believe in words that weren’t taken serious by the man who uttered them?

I don’t think that anyone cares about the intellectual level of any given nomad, or rather the lack of it. If you, how ever, would wish to point out the failings of some and all, do so. But be prepared for the wrath of so many that will feel affronted by your way of thinking. Once you say something, you protect it till death, unless you wish to change your point of view. If not, don’t edit out all the things that had people attacking you from left and right, making them look like frantic fanatics ;)

Horn of, the first and last time I visited that place (the politics section :mad: ) I almost attacked good people that I knew nothing about :( simply because a dimwit those people would be ashamed of did it the other way around. From then on, it was an experience I didn’t wish to repeat.

Now look what you people have done to my topic, should all be electrocuted, the lot of ya! redface.gif

Ps; So Mutakalim, if I take up philosophy and post the essay questions under the pretence of a debate, can I copy your answers and use them to my advantage? Never mind whether it’s ethical or not, would you call it, say, plagiarism? See, now I belong in group 6.. icon_razz.gif

Curly   

I think some people are being a little too harsh on Mutakalim, Stop attacking the poor guy!

If he chooses to act the way he does, then so be it! Since he's not offending you and his English isn't that hard to understand...but you don't complain about poor English & grammar you can't even read.

Nevertheless, I'm sure the real reason for all this hostilety is some of you probably feel intimidated by his English. Which I don’t think is a good reason to bully someone into even removing his or her post just like that.

Mutakalim, it I were you I wouldn’t pay any notice!

Sincere   

truly spoken in a just, and levelheaded manner.

The intricate art of war is a talent accrued over time and can be applied to many a distinction. PK might unknowingly excel in a form that is frowned upon(arguable) In guerilla warfare the rule of thumb is “draw first blood and retreat/regroup†His stance just exemplified that notion/ideology

Gaalka dhil oo gartisana sii, is a proverbial Somali phrase that holds water. PK do not refrain from your provocative posts for they truly arouse curiosity and tend to be food for thought. Tone down on the rest, which I need not mention, is all I insinuated.

Dawaco huuno my sincere apologies, spare me the electrocution, for all i detest is the condescending nature

OG_Girl   

متكلم ØŒ بصراحة احب مواضيعك وداؤمن استمتع بقراؤاتك.لا تسغي لهم.ÙÙŠ الكويت داؤم نقول "ÙÙŠ النهايه ما يصح إلا صحيح".

سلام

Nomads

I dislike very much offending others; it is perchance the scruplous moral fibres in my body that compel me to edit my posts. In the future, I shall try to be more subtle as I reply.

WIth Salaams

PK