Sign in to follow this  
Queen Arawello

Taraweeh Prayer and Somali Children!

chubacka   

hahaha " a man of high moral fibre!" Do you talk that way in real life?! An I dnt see the girl attempt any assinsation, she jst said she thinks your a script or wotever you term it. Anyw I am sure Ibz can stick up for herself but stop working yourself up over nothing, there is still a long time to go until iftar!

you a script too. I did some research. aint we all somehow fake. I dont speak like that at all well at least anymore. But I did once lol! since i got rid of clips on utube I can be normal now.

chubacka   

no we're not all fake Marky M, some of us dnt have the time or energy.

An for those scripts, good luck to you guys jst dnt go overboard as you might end up having a conversation with yourself most of the time.

Now I am off to make some food without being able to taste it til its done.

Kamaavi   

Originally posted by chubacka:

An for those scripts, good luck to you guys jst dnt go overboard as you might end up having a conversation with yourself most of the time.

^^ :D:D

Wow, CL you have a mean bite. The sister was just relaying her concerns... ill informed or not, everyone is entitled to draw their own conclusions from what they've observed. Are they not?!

Bella, as an older sister (if I may say so) to these younger girls perhaps you can inform them that for whatever reason, they have warranted the attention of the iman (that's if you have enough evidence to think it that 'crowd' in particular) and advise them to be more discreet if you feel that will help inshallah.

ALLAH knows best of our intentions....

In all fairness the sister has a point here.

A significant number of Somali teeangers ( of both sexes ) do use the Taraawiih as social event and the perfect excuse to be out of the house at that hour of the night.

The more pressing issue is the amount of niose these kids/Teenagers make during salaad, a lot of them just lioter around the masjid foyer.

And yes they are mainly Somali children and perharps is something we need to address as a community, it seems like some parents are relieved to have those kids out of the house for few hours. While it can be argued these kids are taking part of the sprit of Ramadan what is the real benefit to them being there unless the thie parents can take responsibilty for them during salaad.

P.S Another thing that really irks me is the number of Somali women/girls that come to taraawiih on their own and have travel bak home at midnight, surely thats why Allah has made more benefitial for Women to pray at home.

Bella I think ur being judgemental, even ur iman is being judgemental by making the somali girls to stand out. Besides why in the world would parents let their girls take bus in the middle of the night. My mom never let me even take bus to the mall when I was that age and if I was to take it my brother was always with me. I know somali kids can be so loud but judging them will not do us any good, either what we can do have talk with them.

Allah knows best.

I prayed at Masjid the first 3 nights that had similar problems; a handful of teenage girls giggling and talking in the back when people salaada xirtaan. It bothered me a bit so I employed them, if they werent praying, I would go like "can you do me a favor? can you supply water, straighten the line, place late comers in the line, hush anyone who speaks out-loud, grab the Qur'an and read quietly. I like to see them in the masjid, better than staying home watching t.v or in the town really.

Now my new one has another promlem; little children running arround and crying so much so that we can't hear the recitation and the poor moms are praying, ughh.

Som@li   

Bella has a point, Either we are denying the facts or Imams have something against Somalis. I also heard Iman complaining about Somalis.

Went to Tarweeh on Saturday and was very disappointed with the behaviour of some of the somali people in the masjid. They were making alot of noise. Why do they have to embarrass us all the time. the masjid should limit the number of somalis.

Indhoos   

^^^You are taking this very personaly...I really loved C&H's intervention techniques and advice, why don't you consider employing similar ones. May be tonight you should earn ajar by helping quiet down those who are making the noise during salah. Talk to them and give them couple of pointers, if they are kids, ask them to help you make sure that all is quiet, shoes lined up properly, lines straight etc...and those who can pray, usher them into lines and tell them to pray, pray, pray...

Wa bilaahi towfiiq...