Sign in to follow this  
Queen Arawello

Taraweeh Prayer and Somali Children!

Salaam sisters and brothers in Islam,

Hope you all having a splendid ramadan. May Allah make our sawn beneficial and accept our prayers inshallah.

Yesterday I witnessed something that deeply shocked me. I was in the women section of the local mosque doing the Taraweeh prayer, when the iman made an anonouncement about the behaviour of the children praying at the mosque, the iman was very specific and said that somali children especially somali girls need to behave themselve. I was very embrassed as you can imagined and this is not nice especially when there are not many somali women praying at the mosque.

After I prayed the first 8 as ever, I made my way to the bus stop then realised that the somali girls were walking in a gang of 10-15 all aged 11-17ish or the like. They were walking in the back alleys presumably linking the somali boys in the area. I was heartbroken and shocked deeply that our children have become so bad. At first the iman use to complain about somali boys but now its somali girls.

Subah-Allah.

Ibtisam   

:confused: You don't know if they were linking boys, that is a big jump (in Ramdan) Unless you saw them.

You could always talk to them and advise them about standing on street corners. Where are their parents I wonder, I was not allowed out of sight when I was 11-17. I blame the parents who should keep them locked up.

The young girls tell their parents that they are going to mosque, some even come with their mothers and fathers but skip out while their parents are doing the prayer. The mosque is located in a busy area. I have seen some people linking.

BOB   

My Dearest Sister...it's not nice inaad fadeexeeyso your sisters Muslimka ah especially in this holy month...instead advice them and try to give them guidance if not then iska dhaaf oo waxba ha ceebeen by posting about them in public forum.

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

I think we should all take the responsibility of directly intervening when we experience or see these sort of things, specially now that it is Ramadan/and every other time. These are our kids and probably the unfavourable behaviour is down to the homes they've come from or themselves, but when we see these sort of things, we Somalis should get in there with wisdom and good intention. After all, these are our kids, if you talk to them nice, it is more than likely they will respond positively. If not, you haven't lost a thing.

Allah ha soo hanuuniyo iyaga iyo inaga oo dhanba.

BOB, that was not my intention... please forgive me if you thought otherwise. I am only concerned by this issue. I thought i might post on here and see what you guys think... i am intending to speak to the younger sisters.

Ohh brother! Seriously Bella? Too many assumptions, courting dambi are we?

p.s What is it to you first? Second I concur with Ibti- you don’t know, just because they took the back alleyway doesn’t imply there linking (disgusting word btw) with boys. They could just be taking a short cut, on the same breath so there walking in 10-15 (by the way I think you’re exaggerating) don’t mean a gang.

More importantly what others choose to do is none of your business. Next time walaal stick to the purpose you attended the mosque for.

-Lily-   

Unless you have seen it with your own eyes I think its dambi to be suspicious. Teens will be teens, and hopefully they will outgrow this sort of behavior.

Ibtisam   

Loool:

Bella says something, CL shouts it is none of your business, bella shouts back, mind your own business. :D:D:D

Truth is none of us know anything till we speak to these young people. Alhumdulilah, the mosque I go, all the young Somalis are beautifully behaved, and the young ones pray with their parents.

What is the need to shout and chase bella horta. she is just a messenger. Perhaps its not good to speculate but that is surely between her and Allah. not for people to make judgements. instead we should condemn the behaviour of Somali children they are an embarrassment wherever they go. In some parts of east London, if you see school children on a tube, its quite shocking how many of them are Somali and have a that Somali scent. i cant describe it but its smells like - an empty plastic bag that has been stored in a cupboard for several years. now thats an embarrassing.

Ibtisam   

If her speculation is between her and Allah, then these girls behaviour is between them and Allah too. :confused: We can't condemn people based on speculation.