Holac

Gaas is expected to address the media in Abu Dhabi

Some here are forgetting that the man is President of Puntland. Its a region that has under Somalia, its own specific interests and development plans that may not be same with next region.

Example; Security maybe no.1 priority in Puntland, but education maybe no.1 priority other region. The man is first and for most accountable, responsible for his state. Attracting investment is his job.

56 minutes ago, Tillamook said:

Yes, the President is right: Somalia is NOT Mogadishu and Mogadishu is NOT Somalia.  It is a fact that as things stand, Mogadishu's interest are NOT shared by the rest of the country and the interests of the rest of the country are NOT shared by the Capital.

This is logical, true and fact.

If Abdi Iley said this for Addis Ababa and kilil no Ethiopian would even question. It is actually very profound truth and reality put in a concise and clear way.

Every state Governor in America says this on Washington, Every province premier says this about Ottawa Canada, Scottish PM says this about British government westminister..

Why is this even being questioned by some?

13 minutes ago, Ducale said:

Puntland is a constant reminder of meeshey salaadu ka xidhmi laaday, when it comes to somalia. A separate region with it's on maamul 'who get to have their cake and eat it too'.

Piling on are you? Poor Puntland gets it from all corners and sides.

59 minutes ago, Ducale said:

Puntland is a constant reminder of meeshey salaadu ka xidhmi laaday, when it comes to somalia. A separate region with it's on maamul 'who get to have their cake and eat it too'. They are part of somalia and get all the benefit that comes with it but never hesitate to kneecap the federal government if their interest comes into question. Puntland also unveils the hypocrisy of unionist who are so harsh in their criticism and attack on somaliland under the pretext of "greater somalinimo" only to backtrack a nd play with words in their feeble atempt to rationalise their qabyaalad-daxaleysatay argument  as it is  perfectly demonstrated in this topic.  

Farmaajo's never expected munafaqadu iney boomerang tahay. 

Ducaale, I am glad that you acknowledge and accept that Puntland is the 200 pound gorilla in the room and that without Puntland... salaad imaaamku uu tujiyoba maba jirto. :)

But putting aside all of that reality, what in your opinion you consider Puntland kneecapping the Feds is actually, I posit,  Puntland strengthening the Federal government:

Need I remind you that Somalia is a Federal Republic which means-- just in case you didn't receive the memo at the hovel you reside in--that Puntland as a stakeholder and member state of the Federal government can pursue its own economic and political interests until the State constitution is harmonized with Federal constitution. It is the duty of the Federal government as stipulated in the federal constitution of the country to align all the differing and competing interest of Puntland and the other stakeholders of Somalia with its vision for the country.

So please desist from trying to heap blame upon Puntland when it is in fact the shortcomings and incompetent policies of the current federal government that are to blame for the current political crisis the country finds itself in.

1 hour ago, Old_Observer said:

Piling on are you? Poor Puntland gets it from all corners and sides.

OO, I don't think matters have taken such a bad turn for Puntland as to require the services of a diligent ai poster such as yourself, just yet...if ever the need rises, I will give you a holla...xD

2 minutes ago, Ducale said:

There is a glaring hypocrisy which doesn't require any explanation.  Maybe you are not in tuned to the working of a tribal mindset that sing along with the "One somalia"  mantra but never hesitate to stub you in the back.  The conditions and terms under which Puntland is part of the federal government is one that they dictate. It's a blatant contradiction and a game of  musical chairs. It's a one clan region who are looking after their clan interest and will kick their own granny under a  bus without hesitation. And yet we are led to believe they care about somalia and somalinimo. Puntland is the case of the devil. 'The greatest trick the devil pulled is to convice the world he doesn't exist'. And the Greatest trick Puntland pulled is to convince the gullible they care about somalia and somalinimo. 

Those are LIES: We would never kick our granny under the bus... unless of course she is from your tribe...:P

Saalax   

If Somalia is not Mogadishu then why did the UAE throw fits when it was thrown out of Mogadishu. The reality is the most important part of Somalia is the south-central area that all the big players are interested in (Turkey, Qatar etc).

Dabrow   
1 hour ago, Tillamook said:

Baroortu orgiga ka weyn ina Adeer...:)

You might not have realized it yet but Somalia is at cross roads. There is no point in having a national goverment if it keeps being undermined. 

1 hour ago, cadnaan1 said:

It has become culture thing for the MJs to always side with foreigners against somalis way back to colonials time they sided with Italian and then later with Ethiopian and now this.

Dear Cadnaan,

If USC leadership [I am not talking about the qabiil] had any common sense in 1991, we wouldn't be in this quagmire. Instead they dismantled the Somali State and wrecked everything.

For Abdiweli Gas, it's very unfortunate situation but one the Federal Government is partly responsible. The lack of legislations regarding investment, terrorism,  economic and political integration, completion of the constitution  and the status of Mogadishu is hindering Somalia.

And regarding these Arabs including Qatar, they could give rats @ss about Somalis.

10 minutes ago, Dabrow said:

You might not have realized it yet but Somalia is at cross roads. 

Forgive me if I don't believe you saaxiib.

Even if the current federal administration fails to objectively find new ways to better respond to the country's immediate crises, it won't be the end of the world. But I don't think it will get that far.

Granted we're caught up in the scuffle between the Gulf countries for now, but with current leadership I believe we will pull through a little bruised, but intact and strong.

C'mon man, where's your faith? We Somalis have been through worse.

21 minutes ago, Saalax said:

If Somalia is not Mogadishu then why did the UAE throw fits when it was thrown out of Mogadishu. The reality is the most important part of Somalia is the south-central area that all the big players are interested in (Turkey, Qatar etc).

Yes. Mogadishu is vital because it is the capital of the country, but even then its special status in Somalia should not undermine the interests of the rest of the country.

35 minutes ago, Ducale said:

There is a glaring hypocrisy which doesn't require any explanation.  Maybe you are not in tuned to the working of a tribal mindset that sing along with the "One somalia"  mantra but never hesitate to stub you in the back.  The conditions and terms under which Puntland is part of the federal government is one that they dictate. It's a blatant contradiction and a game of  musical chairs. It's a one clan region who are looking after their clan interest and will kick their own granny under a  bus without hesitation. And yet we are led to believe they care about somalia and somalinimo. Puntland is the case of the devil. 'The greatest trick the devil pulled is to convice the world he doesn't exist'. And the Greatest trick Puntland pulled is to convince the gullible they care about somalia and somalinimo. 

I would say look at it differently.

Example: Do you know what was the most frightening thing for Ethiopians in the last one year? Each had their questions, their objectives and even demos injuries deaths...lost properties...All that was manageable.

The one thing all sides were scared to death was the Somali and Afar were so quiet. Most Ethiopians accepted the SOE even the Oromo with some opposition simply because if the Somali and Afar came out and said that "we have had enough of this we are leaving", no one and i mean no one would know what to do or even what to say.

It was greatest relief when both Abdi Iley and Haj Seyum spoke about the SOE and other matters.

You should look at it from the other side. If Puntland was not tolerant of the time and resource being wasted in the Capital, not quietly waiting for the federal to stand on its feet...what do you reckon would happen?

Sould consider all aspects in such a complicated situation and structure.

Samafal   

Cadnaan, I don't know how old you are but Dabadholif ma lihin is not good enough. I believe every clan in Somalia could be accused of Dabodhilifnimo and yours are no different. It is about perception.

Tillamook, Boowe I only asked a question and I am not in the business of insulting a whole clan just because I disagree with one person. I just wanted the youngman to look himself in the mirror before he slurs a whole community.

Samafal   

There is nothing new that Abdiwali said is alarming. He stated how UAE and Somalia's relationship has been historic; and how UAE is important for both Somalia and Puntland due to the fact that it is our greatest trading partner. Which is all true and has been uttered every TFG minster that has opened  their mouth. Even to this day, the president is sitting on the the parliment's decision banning DP world. Why? He understands the magnitude of escalating the matter is not in the interest of Somalis.

Look, let's be honest if it wasn't Turkey, would Somalia declare to be neutral about gulf crisis? No, No. It wouldn't have made sense if they did. Because Saudi Arabia, UAE and Egypt have strategic importance for Somalia than little Qatar that hasno historical alliance with us. So now, you should understand the importance of UAE to Puntland is equavalent to the importance of Turkey is to the TFG. If Turkey is given the boot the whole HAG will be up in arms criticing the govermernt, listing the so many projects Turkey is implementing in Mogadishu. 

Duufaan   

"Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Egypt have strategic importance for Somalia "  I do not know if that is right any longer.These countries have new leaders and with the new geopolitics, things are constantly changing. The best Somalia can do now is,  to stay sideline and not get their attention. I would understand if you say we want to take our share of petrodollars as Somalilanders are saying and that is basically what he is trying to do. He wants to get some money for himself and his base. He is probably calling his HAG friends in moqdisho too. The old game, puntland leaders used to play but this time it will be different because putland is already struggling, like the rest of other regions. Now he is trying to save some programs,.we will see soon his plans and UAE plans.  Will he be able to manage to slow down things escalating or will he be part of escalating things even more?