Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Imam refuses to perform salat-l-janazah on deceased

Imamka wuu iska waalay. Nobody said police and investigate past history of the deceased unless the deceased uu diinta ka baxay for sure.

And for him to anounce his sins to a whole congregation is danbi in itself.

Polanyi   

If all Imams start applying this, nuff manz won't be prayed on. Imams needs to understand the current climate we live in.

Maaddeey, apparently tii diin ahayd baa la isku fahmi la'yahay soo maaha. Oo waataa masaajidka dhexdiisa la isku buuqay, oo qaar ka dhaqaaqeen qaarna ku tukadeen meyda la soo dhigay. Marka Diin Allaay ninba lug ku jiid bay mareysaa.

Addigase inaad Imaamkaas aad ku raacsan tahay baan u arkaa.

Sensei   

The deceased person's soul is with its creator and needed no judgment from a Shaikh in Columbus. The dear sheikh would have been of better service had he visited the sick(supposedly prolonged sickness according to the sheikh) person and offered few words of wisdom,only if he had spent spent few minutes by his bedside instead of running fact finding mission on the sick person.

@ the end of the day Allah knows best.

Imaamka Masjitkan waa jaahil foqal jaahil. That very week, I decided to never to a funeral that they are handling. This man tries his best to makes funerals a publicity stunts but this takes the cake. What the hell is a muslim name? There are chinese, russian and countless other peoples with native. Is raage a muslim name, how about guled or sharmarke or warfaa. Also, the man son in law tried to speak and this fool assumed that he was gaal because the man was white. There are also rumors that the leadership of this masjit were responsible for burning another Somali Masjit. Somali people in this city are responsible for feeding these ******. I wish masjit Noor was closer and yes its a food masjit because its managed by non-somalis.

The Zack   

Naxar, hold your horses adeer and stop bad-mouthing Sh. Adam. He, like everybody else, can make mistakes. The good things he does for the community outweighs the little mistakes he makes every now and then. He fired the man who was behind the burning of masjid salama and he clearly blamed those actions marka walaal sheekha ha nabin.

Khayr   

This is pure sentiment on your parts that speaks.

You don't judge by deen - that is our standard of measurements, our standard to judge and act. Sentiments (misely emotions) often compromise the truth and the deen.

Allah commands His Messenger to disown the hypocrites, to abstain from praying the funeral prayer when any of them dies, from standing next to his grave to seek Allah's forgiveness for him, or to invoke Allah for his benefit. This is because hypocrites disbelieved in Allah and His Messenger and died as such. This ruling applies to all those who are known to be hypocrites, even though it was revealed about the specific case of `Abdullah bin Ubayy bin Salul, the chief hypocrite. Al-Bukhari recorded that Ibn `Umar said, "When `Abdullah bin Ubayy died, his son, `Abdullah bin `Abdullah, came to the Messenger of Allah and asked him to give him his shirt to shroud his father in, and the Messenger did that. He also asked that the Prophet offer his father's funeral prayer, and Allah's Messenger stood up to offer the funeral prayer. `Umar took hold of the Prophet's robe and said, `O Allah's Messenger! Are you going to offer his funeral prayer even though your Lord has forbidden you to do so' Allah's Messenger said,Verily, I will ask ﴿for forgiveness for him﴾ more than seventy times).' `Umar said, `He is a hypocrite!' So Allah's Messenger offered the funeral prayer and on that Allah revealed this Verse,

Sura Taubah,

(Whether you ask forgiveness for them (hypocrites), or do not ask for forgiveness for them. Even though you ask for their forgiveness seventy times, Allah will not forgive them.)

Hadith:

Verily, I will ask ﴿for forgiveness for him﴾ more than seventy times).' `Umar said, `He is a hypocrite!' So Allah's Messenger offered the funeral prayer and on that Allah revealed this Verse,

Sura Taubah,

And never (O Muhammad ) pray (funeral prayer) for any of them (hypocrites) who dies.)

If Allah scolded his Messenger(salallahu caliyhe wasilm) for attending the funeral prayer, then what of the avg. person?

Originally posted by The Zack:

Naxar, hold your horses adeer and stop bad-mouthing Sh. Adam. He, like everybody else, can make mistakes. The good things he does for the community outweighs the little mistakes he makes every now and then. He fired the man who was behind the burning of masjid salama and he clearly blamed those actions marka walaal sheekha ha nabin.

With all honesty, put yourself in the shoes of that grieving family and what this shaikh did and let me know if you think its a small mistake. The last funeral that I went to, my back was hurting from standing on top of the burial site where I received a two hour lecture on why we were all going to hell from this same guy. he would say, pointing at the guy we just buried for emphasis "if you smoke, you know where you are going, if you drink alcohol (this was mentioned at least five times), you know where you are going". Fear mongering at its worst, in front of grieving family and friends. did I also mention how he called the marxuum's son in law, a Muslim, a gaal because he was white?

a shameful display tactlessness. You know how in other religions, the rabbis and ministers are ordained? Am thinking we should have the same requirements for self appointed shaikhs.

Khayr, let me ask you, isn't gossip xaram too? this imaam chose to listen to gossip rather then go to the family and ask. even worse, chose to wait until the buddy of the deceased was brought to the masjit and all were ready to pray to bad mouth. also, Is an imaam an investigator? not sure if that is there role but could be wrong.

Ibtisam   

If ther person was not Muslim then his family was wrong to bring him to the mosque. If he was Muslim but never prayer, then there is no obligation on anyone (including the imam) to pray on him, but making an issue in front of everyone and his family who already have a lot to deal with is bad taste, he could've just stepped back and asked someone else to lead.

P.s Since it is a Somali guys, search the clans, maybe it had more to do with that than religion?

Polanyi   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

If ther person was not Muslim then his family was wrong to bring him to the mosque. If he was Muslim but never prayer, then there is
no obligation
on anyone (including the imam) to pray on him, but making an issue in front of everyone and his family who already have a lot to deal with is bad taste, he could've just stepped back and asked someone else to lead.

P.s Since it is a Somali guys, search the clans, maybe it had more to do with that than religion?

lol, if you watch the video interview, the imam has to clarify the issue has nothing to with clan as some people have been insinuating.

:D I agree with you on this issue, as I usually do on most things. ;)

ps. I wonder how many closet atheists are married to Somali Muslim women? :D Some Somalis don't care about the deen of the bloke. Clan and his occupation probably matters more. Some, not all, I said. :D

Abtigiis   

The family are wrong. knowing Somali's, it is hard such issues would have come out of the blue. The status of guy must have been known by the community.

Laakin maa caleesh, Sheekh Tolka ah lama waayo oo kugu tukan even if you are not a Muslim.

I support the Imam here. He was right to make his stance. Qofkani muslim ma aha baa la yidhiye who have different opinion haduu yidhi muxuu bi'yey? Kolka ay gaalada is guursan soow kuwa yidhaa "yaa diidan guurkan?". I think the same should apply kolkuu qofku dhinto ee masaajid la keeno, haddii shaki jiro.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

The family are wrong. knowing Somali's, it is hard such issues would have come out of the blue. The status of guy must have been known by the community.

Laakin maa caleesh, Sheekh Tolka ah lama waayo oo kugu tukan even if you are not a Muslim.

I support the Imam here. He was right to make his stance. Qofkani muslim ma aha baa la yidhiye who have different opinion haduu yidhi muxuu bi'yey? Kolka ay gaalada is guursan soow kuwa yidhaa "yaa diidan guurkan?". I think the same should apply kolkuu qofku dhinto ee masaajid la keeno, haddii shaki jiro.

Don't know much about the story to agree or disagree with the Imam, saaxib. But if it is as they told it above then the Imam was foolish (regardless of the religious principles). Presentation matters, timing matters and discretion is paramount.