Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Imam refuses to perform salat-l-janazah on deceased

Let us look at this scenario.

Raamsade dies today and ailamos asks for a cyber-jinaaza for him at SOL led by Sheikh Nur. Haneefah, me and Ngonge write to Sheikh Nur and send him links of Raamsade's belief about God and Islam.

Will Sheikh Nur agree to perform the Jinaaza? Will you, as a SOler doubt if sheikh Nur bans a cyber Jinaaza for Raamsade because of the PM's he got from devout Solers?

Intaydaan is congruluate gareeynin adiga iyo maadeey, there is a bigger fallacy in your argument:

Say, Raamsade has been reflecting on his beliefs as of late quitely, say he had a change of heart that very same afternoon. Say he went home, feeling a bit achy all over and exhousted and decided inuu ilaahay iu soo laabto. Say, wuu ashahaatay and decided to pray labo rakco and died the next day or the day after that.

Lets say, You, Me and Maadeey heard of the geeri and his family's plans to bring him to the masjidka and we decided to do a bit of lobbying and "expose" him to the public. Now, who is in the wrong?

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

Say, Raamsade has been reflecting on his beliefs as of late quitely, say he had a change of heart that very same afternoon. Say he went home, feeling a bit achy all over and exhousted and decided inuu ilaahay iu soo laabto. Say, wuu ashahaatay and decided to pray labo rakco and died the next day or the day after that.

It is possible but highly improbable. But knowing Raamsade, it is also probable he will write about his change of heart at SOL before he passes away. :D

LOL! As long as it is NOT impossible than we're in doubt. And there was Hadith that stated(I'm praphrasing) dadka qaarkood camal xun ayey hor marsadaan all their lives, and when they're about to meet their maker, Ilaahay wuxuu ku hagaa camal fiican and janada ayeyey tagaan and Vice Versa.

So never ha gaaleeynin qof aadan hubin where he stands.

Abtigiis   

But all this analogy is misplaced, C&H. If I die and one of my family members report I was not Muslim, what more can the Sheikh do?

By putting everything under the 'doubt' blanket, one cannot and should not challenge the actions of Imam's who must have considered a lot of issues before they decide. Why do you think the Sheikh did not try to cross-check his facts?

Again, it is possible the guy might have had a change of heart, but it is also possible Salman Rushdie may be a closet muslim.

LOL. You're descending to a slippery slope point adeer. oo sheekadu, ma jinaazadi waxay maraysaa "if you object to this speak now or forever hold your piece"? You'd open a can of worms if facts and proof of Muslinimo needs to be checked for everyone who is needs in lagu tukado. It's not a court case, let Allah be the judge of Imaan. If your family beleives you're a Muslim and Sheikha uusan afkaaga ka hayn inaad gaaloowday, then fadlan ku tuko meeydka ama let others do the job without turning into a circus to prove your point.

Ps.. Salman Rushdie NEVER claimed anything other than "Intellectual" Muslim :D

NGONGE   

^^ I managed to watch some of the interview and can not fault the sheikh really. They put him on the spot. He seems (according to him) to have gone out of his way to prove that the man was Muslim. When he failed to find anyone to speak up for the man, he refused to conduct the prayer.

AT&T mid familkaga ah oo aad guriga ka cayrisay hadduu yiraa gaal baad ahayd, sheekhu muu dhagaysan? By the way Raamsade dead body will be cremated and will need no janaazah, he has it in his will :D

Why did you choose him over JB though? :D Just curious!

NGONGE   

^^ There is hope for JB still. Raamsade is islamically dead already. Wadaad ku tukadaa uun ba loo waayaay. :D

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ I managed to watch some of the interview and can not fault the sheikh really. They put him on the spot.
He seems (according to him) to have gone out of his way to prove that the man was Muslim.
When he failed to find anyone to speak up for the man, he refused to conduct the prayer.

That is what i meant by " asking for the other side" of the story. ;):D

Maaddeey   

C & H, 'naxnu naxkum bidawaahir, wallaahu yaxkum al saraair' ma maqashay?, hadduu Muslimay Ilaahey baa abaal marinaaya, lakin annaga inta noo muuqata oo ah inuu Gaal yahay baan ku camal faleynaa, salaadna kuma tukanayno.