Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Somaliland Will Attend the London Conference?

NGONGE   

^^ Dee I ignore the noise and only focus on the main points. Somaliland refused to attend the meeting. The UK asked them yesterday to reconsider and Siilaanyo said that he'll think about it (all the rest is just noise). Well, it's only polite to say that you'll think about something when you're in the house of he who is asking you. What is hopeful or wishful about that? :P

Tallaabo   

Seriously Somaliland's parliament should immediately table a motion threatening Silaanyo with empeachment if he agrees to attend the London conference. Silaanyo must be shown the stick.

I think what works in Siilaanyo's favor is Somalia's leadership inability to capitalize on his mistakes. At the end, this might be just inconsequential.

Tallaabo there is noo parliament they are a bunch of guulwadayaal

And. Somaliland will not have a decent parliament next coming two years

But siilaanyo knows what is at stake he cant come with. Meeqaam sare kursi macaan ba lana fadhisin doona

Boodhkayaga somaliland ba ku qoran

Silaanyo will have a problem with the masses in sl. Who would want his head if he makes such a foolish mistake

gooni   

Awalba ma diidanayn ogol diidan buu ahaa in loo yeero oo meeluu dhunkado loo baneeyo un buu doonayay

Malika   

Ngonge , any man of principle - once he says am not attending then he stays away - marka aan kuu weydiyee whats Silanyo doing in UK or Turkey near to the so called meeting? Hence my dig at your hopefulness and wishful thinking.. Just remember your dealing with A SOMALI leader - adigo blue flag luleyaay baan sugeyaa! whoa!!..Lol

NGONGE   

^^ Siilaanyo is going to America next. We already know what he was doing in Turkey, Malika. :D

It's only diplomatic to say "I'll think about it" whilst you're a guest of someone. Once you're back on solid ground you can politely decline. It's amazing that people are running with this when nothing has been revealed yet.

NGONGE   

^^ Xiin always wastes his bullets on shadows, don't let him drag you down with him. :D

(nothing really happend so far).

Blessed   

Somali leaders in ay han isu yeelaan baa haboon, siduu u hadlayo waxaad moodaa in riziqa Britain iyo the IC loogu dhiibay - "inta maanku gaajaysan yahay, guuli waa weli" Hadraawi.

An interesting development, to say the least. I have to agree with Ngonge on one point, though. Until a public decision is made by the SL gov't, it's difficult to pass final judgement from the sidelines.

Unfortunately, SL finds itself in a difficult quandary given that it's foreign policy, as of late, has been singularly tied to a 'perceived' client-relationship with the UK. Given the high percentage of the current SL administration(as well as the incumbent parliament) holding UK citizenship/residency, it complicates SL's ability to maneuver independently.

Further complicating the situation(unbeknownst to many on this Forum) is the fact that a 'SL-exclusive' investment conference is being chaired by the British on the same week as the London Somalia Conference. This is a further pressure point the British possess given the current SL administration's emphasis on promoting foreign direct investment far above the search for recognition.

Nonetheless, I still maintain(from the time I joined this Forum) that it's not Mogadishu/Somalia that stands in the way of SL recognition but rather the interests of certain powerbrokers within the international community. Mogadishu/Somalia still remains in 'stealth trusteeship' when it comes to sovereignty issues. The recent international recognition only served to legally facilitate certain desired actions and strategies of certain international actors.

Abdul   

Jacaylbaro;939454 wrote:
OBSERVER STATUS .... that is the latest rumor and it is not bad at all ... We are moving very fast

You are right sxb,things are moving very fast indeed for you,but the movement is towards mogadishu.

Haatu   

Oodweyne;939659 wrote:
^^Mintid,

If you remember back in February of last year - 2012 - the creation of Somaliland Development Corporation (SDC) in London was the "pressure points" that forced Somaliland to attend the London conference, although there was good out come in substantive sense.

And now, once again the Brits are using the same "trick" of "dangling money" in the form of saying to the current Somaliland leadership that we in the British government will organise for you an exclusive investment drive from the companies that are based in the city of London so that they will come and invest in to your country particularly the "extraction industry", provided you in Somaliland leadership are willing to go along with the idea of turning up for a conference that will be held for Somalia.

And it seems tragically our answer is that: we will think about it, instead of saying that our independence is not for sale.

All in all, I really think if this government we have in Somaliland decide to do such thing then we must sadly look forward to a real deal of trouble. For this government has lost all legitimacy in the eyes of those who elected her.

Don't be so hasty. Remember this man represents millions who live in dirt poverty with not a dime to their names. For him to reject such an offer would be foolish for a man who represents such people. I'm sure the poor boy unemployed boy in Oodweyne will value a stable job an income over and above ideology any day (remember they're not as lucky as you and I). So, if Siilaanyo can secure a better economic future and investment for his people, then in my opinion baal dahab ah buu taariikhda ka geli. So cut the old man some slack.

As for the U-turn, didn't I say long ago that S/land was going to attend? Never believe a politician. :D