Sign in to follow this  
Haatu

Mass exodus from Eastleigh to Xamar

NGONGE   

AYOUB;904524 wrote:
:)

I don't think The Arabeto got it. Just let have specific things like Kahawa Cafe is shut and closing down sale at the Omani Shisha place for him to get the scale of the exodus - movement of jaad ppl..

You too? :D Naga daaya dee.

Refugees are finding it hard to stay in Kenya and have been (more or less) forced to return home. Spin doctors in SOL are trying to sell this sad situation as some sort of happy return. If one ignores the spin and just focuses on the "mass exodus" argument, how in the world is a devestated place like Xamar going to cope with such an "exodus"? War macqool ku hadla dee. What's this, an Indian movie? :D

xabad   

Refugees have been finding it hard all throughout by at least now they have hope in their country and can tentatively look forward to normal life in MOG. that is the moral of the story, so stop the hardheadedness waryaa.

AYOUB   

NGONGE;904553 wrote:
You too?
:D
Naga daaya dee.

Refugees are finding it hard to stay in Kenya and have been (more or less) forced to return home. Spin doctors in SOL are trying to sell this sad situation as some sort of happy return. If one ignores the spin and just focuses on the "mass exodus" argument, how in the world is a devestated place like Xamar going to cope with such an "exodus"? War macqool ku hadla dee. What's this, an Indian movie?
:D

Lots people happily returned to Hargeisa when it was a pile of rubble, so you argument has no legs. The mayor was on TV saying if Istambul can accommodate 15 million, Benaadir can handle all Somalis out there.. :) The likes of you will only believe it when Al Arabiyah or Jazeera report the mass movement..

A_Khadar   

Until the Dadab refugee camps are dismantled and people relocated to their home towns, this exodus move is nothing but short lived. Dabad is the largest refugee camp in the world, over half million somalis lived there in the past 20+ years..

nuune   

^^ Half of that half million you mentioned there no longer live there now, they left for resettlement to Australia, New Zealand, Canada and USA, so the new half of that half million came in recent years.

Those who arrived in the Dadaab Camps in the 90s, only 20% or less are left and living there now, another mass exodus in another angle!

How I got that number, not through UN or any NGO, I got it myself, lets say I know 100 people from Dagahley Camp, 95 of them left the camp, and Ifo Camp, out of the 200 people I know, only 10 are there, Xagardheer camp, out of the 100 I know, 2 to three families are there.

Where did they go, to the mentioned countries and not back to Somalia or Nairobi.

My figures are open for discussion though if another Soler comes and says he knows 100 people in Dagahley camp and all of them are living there now since 1990, would you believe it, make your say!

NGONGE   

AYOUB;904605 wrote:
Lots people happily returned to Hargeisa when it was a pile of rubble, so you argument has no legs. The mayor was on TV saying if Istambul can accommodate 15 million, Benaadir can handle all Somalis out there..
The likes of you will only believe it when Al Arabiyah or Jazeera report the mass movement..

1- My argument assumes FAT, BIG legs when all you're comparing this with is the romantic nonsense about Hargeisa when it was a pile of rubble (the two are not comparable and those that returned to H town were, unlike you of course, the ones that had no place to run to).

2- This "exodus" that is presented to us as a massive group of people going back home becuase of hope and love of their country wilfully ignores the fact that most of them are being FORCED to leave.

3- "The likes of me" also follow the BBC, CNN or any other news source that is not controlled by the backwards likes of you. Wax fahan. ;)

4- Naga daaya dee.

N.O.R.F   

AYOUB;904605 wrote:
Lots people happily returned to Hargeisa when it was a pile of rubble, so you argument has no legs. The mayor was on TV saying if Istambul can accommodate 15 million, Benaadir can handle all Somalis out there..
The likes of you will only believe it when Al Arabiyah or Jazeera report the mass movement..

Try Sharjah TV :D

AYOUB   

^ What about Maaddeey? Hold on, don't say it, they might put you on flight bans...:) Talk of Maaddeey, he is the best person that can tell NGONGE about the chef who abandoned London to open restaurants in Xamar. :):

NGONGE, the only point that made sense was the #4, and that says a lot. SL merchants in Djibouti voluntarily returned in mass to rubbles of Hargeisa, that's a fact.

NGONGE   

^^ But neither YOU nor Norf returned. The numbers of people that were running away from the place (and still are) at any given chance is a thousand times more than some chef who left London to open a resturant in Xamar or a couple of businessmen that saw an opportunity in H town back when they had a chance to make a killing.

Stop being obtuse, saaxib.

Daqane   

AYOUB;904605 wrote:

This is enough of a response, the caravan is rolling on and the people are voting with their feet.

As for kikuyu centric tutu, give us a year then you can tell me what the dissapereance of even 50% of somali bussiness will do to the real CBD of nairobi eastleigh, what it means to the KRA returns, the kenyan budjet , the loss of kenyan jobs and the revatilisation of the eastlands area of nairobi means to the economy, get your somali passport warya, when the mungiki start knocking on your doors, let us see what stories of being reer-nakuru/isiolo/kitale e.t.c will mean to them :)

The return of somalis was going at pace, the situation has just been quickened by the as usual brutality and short sighted habits of the kenyan state, p.s why are somalis having to pay to leave kenya when they have the new passports and go home visas, wasnt this what the "Kenyan govt" wanted? Mashruuci baa damaaneya, they wanted somalis in dadab so that the U.N programs could go on pumping money in their pockets soomaha, but instead somalis now have somewhere to go home to, and are starting to mess up their plans, someone should have told them.

400 per day at the airport and more on the 50 seater buses to liboi per day if this continues to the end of march, dee sijui tamar yaare will be all that is left, envy is a killer :)

Daqane   

NGONGE;904848 wrote:
^^ But neither YOU nor Norf returned. The numbers of people that were running away from the place (and still are) at any given chance is a thousand times more than some chef who left London to open a resturant in Xamar or a couple of businessmen that saw an opportunity in H town back when they had a chance to make a killing.

Stop being obtuse, saaxib.

Lool ngonge you are the one being obtuse ngonge and its not H town but the capital of somalia, stick that in your pipe and smoke it... macasalama.

Daqane   

Typical mentality of an ungrateful Somali from the republic. When you were dying of disease and slaughter by your own kin, you were happily feed,clothed and accommodated by these sijuis; now instead of saying thank you while leaving, you instead leave with curses. The door might not be that open next time. So don't fck up.

Lool Apophis horta how are you doing man, horta shaaqadha kawaraan? I here you are getting those jobs like no one knows :) ugali is finally paying off...

121230195306_kismayo_976x549__nocredit.j

Hehehe.

Now to the jist of your argument, first I know alot of somalis who might have not been to kenya or lived their very briefly [Like oba] refer to all kenyan somalis as sijui but as I have said before, for us guys who spent some time there we differentiate between Somali sijui who are the offspring of the British local levies of the 1920's e.t.c and early migrants 1920-1970 and Somali garamgaram who are north easterners [ garamgaram comes from the somali these guys seem to speak, which gets even less intelligible as they get excited in their conversation].

But those are real Somalis walaal just look at the difference in thinking between a tutu and a hutu, difference ka maad aragtaan? Guun iyo gobonimo....

Firstly do not lie to your self the original sijui community was on its last legs by the time the somali civil war happened in terms of economic activity [islii was in doldrums dependent as always on the somali truckers passing through, leave alone pangani and ngara that was the stronghold of the indians who had not managed to make money in kenya, meaning the less bright], these guys were rescued by the somalis, sijuis at a dead end got an exit to the west claiming to be somali refugees as we speak the somali sijui community in nairobi and through out the rest of kenya are less than a fraction of what they used to be, the reminder initially worked for somali enterprises [being better english speakers, having the local dalaasho e.t.c although that avenue has also died as somalis started getting educated and bought what was for sale namely the local i.d and passport] or with U.N and other NGO'S in boom time early 90's when again the somali community poured in to kenya [i mean to say they benefited on every single level from burburka somalia]to claim that we were fed and clothed by your lot hahaha is just laugh out loud ridiculous, Sijuis at that time were poor and poor in only the way that an irrelevant 5th column urban community with out access to any patronage, in patronage backed africa can be!!

I personally wont say thank you to anyone saaxib BESA is what bought my life in kenya, and as someone who was actually born in the west by the funny flukes of life, I have never needed that sijui uncle to organize things for me at an exorbitant price whose money is swiftly burnt in the local maarfish....

Trust me brother I want the situation to continue please, please lock the door on the way out [i mean the kenyan government, not sijui such as yourself since the influence of your entire boot-licking mentally colonized community does not have the wherewithal to rescue a drowning mouse from a bucket of water] make it as difficlt as possible Somalis now know the importance of country, after intial problems like in any other countries rebuilding daadku waadani beey noqaan kuwi iminka aheeyn.

Daqane   

Apophis;904851 wrote:
Typical mentality of an ungrateful Somali from the republic. When you were dying of disease and slaughter by your own kin, you were happily feed,clothed and accommodated by these sijuis; now instead of saying thank you while leaving, you instead leave with curses. The door might not be that open next time. So don't fck up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GugM9rxihcE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Maaya its better getting raped by others is your reasoning? the early 90's was rape central in somalia, kenya's north eastern, the camps and the cells of pangani police station have been rape central the past 21 years, when I tell you, that you aint somali you wonder why, aqliiga aad kentay maad aragta horta?

Haatu   

Dhaqane, Apophis isn't a sijui, he doesn't represent us or our way of thinking. Tutu, waa jaajuus xun oo CID ah, weligiina d.abadh.ilifkood ahaa. He has severe inferiority complex. The real sujuu hadaad rabto inaad aragtid, go to the baadiyaha of NEP ama the cities there. The people there are 100% Somali and no amount of propaganda can change that. We know our heritage and we're proud of it. As for whether or not we want to join Somalia, it pains me to say no sane person wishes that today, no matter how bad our lot currently is, it's much better than what Somalia can offer us. As for our economic misfortunes, we were and still are a marginalized community for no other reason than our race and the fact that we didn't want, nor do we want to be Kenyans. Our forefathers said no to Jomo Kenyatta and we are still paying the price for that till today. As for reer Somalia coming in, they did what they had to do to survive and so did we. If many of us went to the West on the backs of burburka Soomaaliya, so what? We've been paying the price for Soomaali gobonimadoon all these decades and we've deserved since in fact we've been living in calculated underdevelopment since 1963 and way before since Xaaji Mikaahiil uu Xajka tagey (a little joke for those who understand :D ). And today if reer Somalia are returning home, they have no reason to say thank you to us. What exactly have we done for them? The UN was the ones that housed them and it was the Western governments that gave them passports. As for Islii benefiting, how exactly does that benefit the average Soomaali in Habasweyne, Sabuuli, Diif, Wajeer ama Balambala other than the bus owners and the hawkers that sell their wares? It has been a mutualistic relationship, we have both benefited in some ways and we have both suffered in some ways.