Sign in to follow this  
Jacpher

Barbaric Zambians loot Somali businesses

Abtigiis   

Che, stop twisting my words and be a decent person like you used to be. Where I referred to the joke, it wasn't even about the tragedy. It was about our culture of trying to cover up for criminals. I was saying the narrative that the guy is mad could be false because I have seen Somalis using it many times to cover for a criminal. There is no were in my post where I talked about people deserving punishment. I said they were lucky that no one is dead given what the somali man did. I said they were lucky because the State of Zambia protected them. How that is construed to be an endorsement of the attacks against Somalis, I don't understand.

And people should not draw parallels and analogies where there is none. It doesn't make them knowledgable. The cry baby that is Jachper can chirp the whole day about my clannishness and what not milking this moment of tragedy to ventilate accrued hate against the person of me, but Che must be careful.! He is undressing himself to embarassing nakedness, urged by the nudges of the quasi-nationalist from a state called Puntland.

Apophis...You are guest of whatever you live in, do you deserve the treatment being inflicted on Somalis in Zambia or elsewhere in Africa simply because another committed or chose to open a shop in economically depressed town?

lol@decent, when have I become indecent;

Abtigiis....Reading your post, it seems you are justifying that, if I misread, my apologies then. N you could have made your point without Puntland into the conversation.

Abtigiis   

My moral judgements are inconsequential in this hypothetical scenario. The whole question is simplistic and diversionary. Whether Xenphobia is acceptable or not is a wholly different topic. That income disparity causes social tensions and upheavals and that this gets worse where those in the lower income group are locals and the better-off are migrants is beyond doubt.

And by the way, we have not even yet edtablished if this was a genuine xenophobia or if it was a spontaneous anger that enticed hooligans to take advantage of the situation. Let us wait for the full details and how it goes from here.

Of course, if the death of a Zambian worker pains me as a human being, the death of a fellow Somali pains me equally. Human compassions transcend regional or racial identities and the death of Puntlander is as painful as the death of a Peruvian in my eyes.

its highly unlikely that Zambians troll this site and even if that were the case, we shouldn't be apologetic in our condemnation of their vile and animistic behaviour. zambians are a nation of poor and lazy noble savages. it is the somalis who've come to their land and through effort and diligence made it prosper, lush and evergreen forever more...indeed.

on their own, Zambians are incapable of being able to muster together the efforts required to be industrious and this latest attack of the worst kind, hardly shocks Alpha. their violent streak and jealousy induced ferocious attacks are representative across the board from old to young. conformity, which forms the basis for the average intellect of the Zambian bears witness to these unprovoked reactions. when Kenneth Kaunda famously said 'the Zambian likes to relax in his leisure, unrestricted.......'', he certainty wasn't wrong there. perhaps, they should continue to slumber in their leisure and let those with a superior economic prudence get on with their work, unrestricted, of course.......!

Jacpher;899533 wrote:
I got this email this afternoon and I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Apparently a Somali business owner kills an employee of his over salary dispute, the whole country goes out to hunt down any Somali and loot their businesses. People are running for their lives and losing their properties because some Somali guy on drugs who is in custody by the way, killed an innocent man. The army had to come in and move Somalis out into camps to rescue them. South Africa, Kenya and now Zambia? These African baboons must live in a different civilization. I pray my good friend out there makes it out safely insha'alaah.

One of the video is very graphic.

Consider the fact that Somalis have looted their civil infrastructure to an extent never seen on earth (power plant equipment, electric wiring, windows etc.).

What is it with people on this site pretending that our largest city didn't descend in to barbarism two decades ago?

Abwaan   

Ninna dhulkiisa looma dhaamo, Ilaahow dadkaan Soomaalidaa dhibka ka badbaadi, dalkoodana nabad ugu celi. Abtigiis, are you saying that Somalis in Ndola deserve this because of one man's action?

I agree with Jacphar, this is barbaric and baboonish act. No way, shape or form can one justify the killing of one person by A Somali individual for the indiscriminate generalization looting and terror against children and women of Somali decent.

For those who argue that Somalis are unjust and cruel to their workers, perhaps but when it is compared to other communities I completely disagree with you and quite contrary to that, the Somali suffering (waxay galabsadeenba waaye) for being to generous, kind and open to their employees. I have been to Africa and saw these things first hand, whereas a Chinese, Indian or even other Zambian businessmen would pay $50 sum to a maid for a whole month of work the Somali businessman pays her minimum $150/200. Somalis pay much higher rate, not only monetary wise but also human wise Somalis are far more open and welcoming to their workers, they allow them to be part of their family, hand in the keys and let them drive their cars to take to the garage or for a washing, let them sleep in the back room of the businessman's bed after a hard day of work while the Indian will never allow them to touch the car let alone sit on it or drive, and will tell him to sleep outside on the sun in front of the business shop, if the African sod finds a shade will be lucky enough.

Somalis may be rough on each other but reality is in Africa, they are hardworking, productive, making strides to strike high and are in competition with the Chinese and Indians. At least that is behavior we must commend and appreciate given the work ethic we have accustomed to in the west and the majority of Somalis that out of work in the west. A man must be respected and valued in society when he's working hard, employing others, creating opportunities for himself and contributes to the wider economy and welfare of that community and the indigenous African it seems cant't stand that.

Surely we can talk about Somalis and blame them on many things but not doing business in Africa. One must be creative and go to suburbs, towns and even slams to seek opportunities and make the most of them. Africa is an open field where people from all corners of the world come to compete and grab its resources and human capital to strike high and an African Somali should have every right if not more right to be part of that but sadly they have been a tiny part of it yet faced indiscriminate and useless xenophobic attacks.

THAT HAS GOT TO STOP!. END OF STORY, the Zambian government need to take action, proper action and compensate the Somali businesses. Also it can try the killer in a court of law and if found guilty sentence him to death if the laws of the country permits.

Khadafi   

Idinka meel dheer aaba fiirinoysiin, I think Abtigiis is correct on this point, Why look at Zambians, just look at MUUG-dishans in somalia, How many live in looted houses? Guryaha Baraawe yaa dagan yaakhay? Soomallis being amazed by BILIQO is is really something awkard...

Those "Babbons" actually have a state, an order, they do have "babbon rules", what do we have? Mas lis waydiyay taasi? acpher, bro, dont trow a stone when live in a glass-house!

Blackflash, people like to ignorre facts and pretend things didnt happen, Somalis complaining against a ciivil state like Zambia and acussing of Barbrarism, (when they themselves are potrayed in the media) as pirates, blood thirsty mullahs, and one of the most corrupted nation in the world.

Qalad yaa liga fahmin, I am not defending some hooligan zambians, but think about it! At the end of the day whose "barbaric baboon" and whose not!

Malika   

Ninka shaqalihiisa dile 'ina qasaayee ' ayaa laa daha - with such a nick name one expected nothing from the arrogant so and so. Somalis have done really well financially in Zambia for decades - perhaps they assumed themselves untouchable. I called family the day it was happening - and indeed, Ndola was a scary place to be for a Somali, the police was out in force so was the army - hadhii kale, it would have been worse.

The blacks are jealous of Somalis that's why they are so hostile towards Somalis , Somalis are excellent entrepreneurs they out do every one in any african country when it comes to doing business it would have been just great if they had a state. All we can do now for them is to pray for their safety and perhaps help them locate to a safer place.

Malika   

Xaaji - aan wax kuu shegee , the Somalis in Zambia have been doing VERY well for decades, pre Somali conflct to now - marka jealousy cant be an issue - the issue is arrogance of one man that triggered an unfortunate ugly episode. Dee, beriyahaan 'rioting' is the norm...any excuse for citizens to take law in their own hands, when they feel unjustly treated - we have seen this in many places.

Zambians are not primitive nor bamboon - they have been tolerant and hospitable for many many years to the Somalis..

Ismahaan   

Respect yourself and others will respect you. Somali are a bunch of traitors who have destroyed their own country and slaughtered each other. We can only hope that they come to the decision of what is in their best by learning from their own mistakes because from their own mistakes they can gain wisdom and accelerate self-improvement.