Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Somali youth more interested in the Gaza conflict

chubacka   

oba hiloowlow;890684 wrote:
Muslim that bla bla this problem is caused by muslims however i dont see you speak about that

What problem are you refering to and how have they caused it?

Ibtisam   

Palestine is not a Muslim issue- it is a humanity issue involving many religions.

You should feel for all injustices alike- if you can't feel (or at least not insult oppressed people) then you probably wont feel for anyone closer either.

Somali youth will and should feel-

Rwanda was not a Muslim issue- nor was Sudan conflict.

Apophis;890681 wrote:
A very apt use of my virtual empathy discussion. Well done AB.

now you did cite me earlier in this thread. i think its on page 2. if you could kindly edit to include the citation that would be quite superb. LOL.

*Ibtisam;890698 wrote:

Rwanda was not a Muslim issue-
nor was Sudan conflict

Oh I see, it's not a Muslim issue so long as it's Muslims doing the killing? That would explain the silence on the Kurdish issue.

Odey   

oba hiloowlow;890699 wrote:
Hamas+ shooting rockets=Casualties committed by Israel

Oba, I agree with you in regards our youth focusing on other issues when they should be focusing on theirs first, but COMPLETELY disagree with your comment above. The issue regarding hamas And Israel is a long Saga that has now completely changed and made Israel loose all Moral authority it may have had in the past regarding its survival. It is no longer the case, in fact the victims are now completely Palestinians

chubacka;890697 wrote:
What problem are you referring to and how have they caused it?

suicide bombings

extremist behaviour of the absolute worst kind

calling people derogatory names in arabic

creating muslimghetto NO GO AREAS in bradford, UK

beheading daniel pearl

shooting an education activist in the face just recently

cutting off peoples heads

forcing women to wear a little cloth to cover their faces. WTF

Odey   

Alpha Blondy;890707 wrote:
suicide bombings

extremist behaviour of the absolute worst kind

calling people derogatory names in arabic

creating muslimghetto NO GO AREAS in bradford, UK

beheading daniel pearl

shooting an education activist in the face just recently

cutting off peoples heads

forcing women to wear a little cloth to cover their faces. WTF

That's a very simplistic view of things dont you think?

Odey;890702 wrote:
Oba, I agree with you in regards our youth focusing on other issues when they should be focusing on theirs first, but COMPLETELY disagree with your comment above. The issue regarding hamas And Israel is a long Saga that has now completely changed and made Israel loose all Moral authority it may have had in the past regarding its survival. It is no longer the case, in fact the victims are now completely Palestinians

What i mean is Hamas shooting rockets into israel aint such a wise thing to do unless they want the demise of the people in Gaza.

oba hiloowlow;890710 wrote:
What i mean is Hamas shooting rockets into israel aint such a wise thing to do unless they want the demise of the people in Gaza.

That's exactly what they want. Considering the high population density of Palestinian territories, there will be more than enough innocent civilians killed for Hamas to continue to gain the approval of its constituents.

chubacka   

Alpha I was talking to Oba, I think you are refering to something else that I don't understand the context of.

Oba from what I have understood about your position, you seem to imply that Israel is justified in bombarding this tiny patch of land from the air and from the sea and killing without restraint. You may disagree with the Hamas strategy (others may say, what can they do, their elected leader was assinated) but it seems beyond belief that you can be angry that muslims are moved by the injustice they seeing happening day after day.

This is a humanitarian issue but muslims feel so deeply about it as its happening to their brothers and sisters in Islam. You may have had bad experiences with Arabs but really this is misguided anger. You should instead be proud of these young Somalis engaging with world events and trying to do something, if you want them to do something about Somalia, then bring it to their attention.

Alpha true there is little we can do but we can create awareness we can make sure the governments for those of us who live in the west to actively participate in anti Gaza bombardments protests. What we also can do is raise funds for the victims who were injured or badly wounded. There is so much we can do as fellow Muslims and Humans ofcourse. Well the thing is they cant do it alone the United states they say its the most powerful country in the world. The United states cannot even support the idea of a two state solution based on the 1967 boundaries. We have all seen how Netanyahu went to the senate and did his speech and told the American congress that the 2 state solution of the 1967 border can and will never happen and Israel will never accept it. The united states congress at capitol Washington last year was clearly told that Israel will not back down to defend it self and guess what Netanyahu his speech was welcomed with a standing ovation. So obviously America cant do anything its up to the Muslim/Arab world to support the Palestinians politically socially Military. We have to wait and see how President Morsi of Egypt balances his relations with Washington and the agreement with Israel.He already told his PM to visit Gaza but even morsi cant radically change his policies well atleast not now. Since he receives billion of aid from Washington every single year.

chubacka;890713 wrote:
Alpha I was talking to Oba, I think you are refering to something else that I don't understand the context of.

Oba from what I have understood about your position, you seem to imply that Israel is justified in bombarding this tiny patch of land from the air and from the sea and killing without restraint. You may disagree with the Hamas strategy (others may say, what can they do, their elected leader was assinated) but it seems beyond belief that you can be angry that muslims are moved by the injustice they seeing happening day after day.

Im not saying Israel is doing the right thing but Hamas are cowards hiding under the civilians.

Malika   

^He would rather have the young Somalis engage in the endless fruitless clan based argument - muxuu kaa ogahay the Palastine cause nor its plights. Wakaan leyahay Palastines are like Al-Shabab, obviously this is due to lack of understanding.

Oba..if everything fails, humility should prevail all.

Malika;890719 wrote:
^He would rather have the young Somalis engage in the endless fruitless clan based argument - muxuu kaa ogahay the Palastine cause nor its plights. Wakaan leyahay Palastines are like Al-Shabab, obviously this is due to lack of understanding.

Oba..if everything fails, humility should prevail all.

Malika i Said Hamas are like Al shabaab. Believe me i know a lot from the 7 days war till today