Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Somali youth more interested in the Gaza conflict

Wadani;890761 wrote:
I used to think Somalis are a proud people, but just like any other black nation they cower when black meets white/Arab (unlike our true somali nomads of the past). That is why we have adopted Arabic culture for the past 2 to 3 decades and have given precendence to the plight of the palestinians over ours.

This is not to say I dont support the palestinian cause, because I do. It's just that I choose to focus my energies on the plight of Somalis and Somalia.

Rageedi x1000000000000000000000000

I disagree Somalis are not selfish people as Muslims they care about the larger Muslim world.And Somalis do not see things through races like the vast majority of Blacks. As for carrying about themselves ofcourse they do but the problems they are facing are mostly caused by themselves the problems the Palestinians are facing are caused by the west and by Israel that's the fundamental difference.

Malika   

Oh dear.

It seems some are stuck between 'Arab and Islam' and cant see beyond it..lol

ps. The responds are typical of Somalis - I remember when conflict was riffe in the South, the Notherner would say - its the southerners , their conflict has nothing to do with me. If conflict was up in the North the southerners would say - its their conflict it has nothing to do with us. Such a mentality has enable the 'inner conflcts' to flourish for years - ciid iis qabaneysaa ama isuu naxeysaa baa iska yar. Marka all this 'somaliness' in this palestine argument is flawed as far as am concern.

pss. THE PALESTINE CONFLICT AND PLIGHT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ISLAM...hope that will help those anti Islamists here.

Humility in the face of oppression is all that is asked here, then again Apophis thread on 'virtual aparthy' comes to mind - ...

Wadani   

Alpha Blondy;890757 wrote:
on the contrary this is more authentic and empowers our young people to discuss and deliberate ideas within the confines of their centre of gravity. i'd rather the young somali children debated somali affairs even it was clan based than to be expected to engage with the political plight of a people so far removed from them and made to feel less islamic if they disagree because the foreign unvetted iman-thug deems it. i remember when the terrorist struck the twin towers, many people from s.korea were crying and expressing deep emotions towards the plight of the american people in their time of need and stress. yet 50 yrs before america was a imperial power causing havoc in the korean peninsula using their wicked ideologies to break the will of the korean people.

we as Somalis today engage with the affairs of a people so removed from our plight. instead of looking internally inward.we're expected as a member of the ummah to show sympathy for the self-induced internal issues of the Palestinian. as members of the ummah we should abstain in such collective displays of purported unity.

the whole Palestine cause has run its cause and is given more attention than it merits... ruunti. where are condemnation of Muslims who were slaughtered like goats in burma and in various places around the world. the arab muslim is NO more muslim than muslims in bolivia, yet sometimes you cant help but think the paki-controlled mosques deliberately elevate the Palestinian cause because of Palestine's close proximity to the holyland and because of their own inferiority complex and inability to pronounce 'kh' and 'th' perfectly as prescribed. there are many who believe this view and the arab muslim has an arrogant ingrained view of himself since your ancestors were islamised by his ancestors. our children are being brainwashed and we should save them from this false propaganda and pollution.

Excellent analysis Alpha.

wyre   

oba hiloowlow;890588 wrote:
I am sick and tired of seeing the Somali youth engaging in protests,twittering making fb updates about the Gaza conflict these couple of days they would never support their country and people the way they are defending Hamas and palestinians. smh

Glass kuulaay makuu soo qasaa ma isku qaboojinee :D

mise hees calaacal aan kuu shidaa

wyre   

oba hiloowlow;890605 wrote:
would they support me? a negroe? naga daaya dee.

they already did sxb markey somalia gaajo ka dhacday some sent mucaawano some opened a page in facebook showing how sad they are about somalia's situation

what somali's are doing is just duco in the internets marka somali's didn't do anything for palestine ee faanka naga daa

Apophis;890769 wrote:
Let the fat Saudis help. They got the dough and should pick some slack.

Kuwaas waxba haka sugin

My hopes are on the Islamic republic of iran

wyre;890775 wrote:
am just saying faanka jooji
:D

what faan sxb im not saying somalis shouldn't talk about the gaza conflict im just saying they should focus on their land. Hadal waxba tari mayo

Malika   

^Good one Wyre - koleybaa even if they are discussing Somali issues, they are doing nothing but 'discussing' - talking and more talking..lol