You want to distract the readers from Palestine by altering my quote
:D
Nice try but that's now what I said.

This is what I wrote:

You see it wrote
Palestine
, not holly site. The holy mosque is in
PALESTINE

That was my intention, which is why I used the phrase 'fixed that for you'.

Urban dictionary definition of 'fixed that for you': Used on message boards when you quote someone but change what they said to make it funny or true. ;)

By the way, I'm not condoning what's going on in the region, nor am I telling others not to have opinion on the matter. I just find the main motivations behind why this issues always creeps to the forefront to be interesting. The amount of passions that can be found on both sides of the issue here in the west is frightening.

Abwaan   

It is ok to feel for the Palestinian children because of the injustice. We have to realize that there is not much that we Somalis can do about their suffering therefore we should rather focus more on helping the Somali children, be an advocate for them and do something about the suffering that a lot of them have been facing for a long time.

Ninkii tiisaba daryeela ayaa tu kalena ku dara. I once was listening to the news from the BBC World Services. This was during the time Palestine wanted to join UNESCO. A reporter was talking to local Palestinians on how they feel regarding this issue. I remember one man clearly saying "If Somalia is allowed to function like a government why can we not". Although I do not want to judge the whole Palestinians on this man's view, we have to realize that Palestinians put themselves first. Maryooleey need to remember that their first duty is to improve the situation in their homeland.

Xaaji Xunjuf;890659 wrote:

deleted

XX,

these harrowing image do nothing for the Palestinian cause. the Palestinians do not need our sympathetic pity and shows of virtual empathy (Apo, 2012). they need to stand tall in the name of nationhood and work hard for their place on the map LOL. all day long i've been watching the the international media and its coverage and where are the muslim leaders condemning the israelis attacks? all you see the EU ministers calling for a 'measured and proportionally response''.....its pathetic. i do care for our Palestinians brothers and sisters but what can i do? like a status update LOL.

chubacka   

What a pathetic thread. I imagine your concern is of little use to Somalia or anywhere else if you're so narrow minded and pitiful.

How on earth can you be angry that muslims are angered and saddened by the murder of innocent muslims while the world watches?

It bloody scares me that there are people walking around who can be so small minded.

chubacka;890680 wrote:
What a pathetic thread. I imagine your concern is of little use to Somalia or anywhere else if you're so narrow minded and pitiful.

How on earth can you be angry that muslims are angered and saddened by the murder of innocent muslims while the world watches?

It bloody scares me that there are people walking around who can be so small minded.

Muslim that bla bla this problem is caused by muslims however i dont see you speak about that

Abwaan   

Dhiishayda caanaha taqaan, teelashaa go'ane

Iyaduba tolliin waa u baahan tahay, waana kala taale

Tayday cuslaysee, maxaan tari nin ii cawday?!

The Keffiyeh is worn by many as a show of support in this conflict. I think I'll open up a stall at school and start selling Macawis with LIVESTRONG written on the back, the granola-munching hippies will love it!

Odey   

Ok, i see lots of people here ganging upon on Oba!. I dont know whether you all misunderstood, have selective understanding or are dyslexic!.

Oba and i never said the plight of the palestinians is to be belittled or simply brushed aside, rather that we have a much deeper, equally painfull if not worse a problem that we should be devoting our good minds and efforts to resolve.

Instead of the above, our youth immediately jump up and down on hearing an injustice happening far away however painful or close to our hearts, but take a laid back attitude on things that are happening in our own home and hapenning to our country, our mothers, fathers, children!. We have a country destroyed by civil war, we lost more than a million or two of our population, a figure we dont even have. Even the palestinians know exactly how many they lost!. And instead of trully concentrating on sorting out our problems they are busy trying to come to the aide of others instead. This is why i said they are misguided because their efforts, well intended thoughts are needed by their own first.

Ask yourself this, where are these young people when it is about somalia?, ........... Nowhere, in fact they usually go " its those crazy somalis", but start any other cause and boy are they vocal!. Why cant they be as vocal and as involved about their own country to save their own people?.