Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Fozia Yusuf Xaji Adan lands in Mogadishu

Head of Somaliland's NDP Party, Fozia Yusuf Xaji Adan, has travelled to Mogadishu and speculations abound about her being nominated as Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister of Hassan Sh. Maxamud's government.

If this becomes true, it will be a very interesting news as Fozia, founder and former Dean of Hargeisa University, is known for her Somaliland activism.

NGONGE   

^^ If true then she must have been sold an idea that is much sexier than the SL one (or she got fedup with SL redtape).

** Hurries away to prepare a bacaac article **

NGONGE;884243 wrote:
** Hurries away to prepare a bacaac article **

Bacaac for or against? :D

PS. Her fundraising techniques I believe will be a the lubricating oil this decayed machine that is the Somali Government needs.

NGONGE;884250 wrote:
^^ I don't even know who she is. Can't decide yet.
:D

Former owner of RAAD TV (first 24 Hour Somali TV in London) and the fundraiser behind Hargaisa University

Samafal   

LOL@foreign minster. RAAD = Refugee Aid And Development = Somali Community Organization = Money Making Business

If true this government will live up to its NGO tag, no doubt.

Blessed   

very interesting. I was waiting for her next move following recent events. Walee waa sheeko.

Keep us updated, Suldaanka.

NGONGE   

^^ A quick google search informed me that she set up a political party to contest the upcoming local elections but it was one of those that were rejected for not fulfilling the requirements (she says they did). Later, in a protest against the rejection, her and some of her supporters were arrested (for four hours in her case, more in the case of her supporters) and she alleges that they were beaten and tortured. There is a picture of a pretty girl with red face and hands. :D

Here:

http://somalilandsun.com/index.php/politics/609-somaliland-political-unrest-continues

http://www.durdurnews.com/Detail.php?id=2282

http://somalilandsun.com/index.php/politics/748-somaliland-disqualified-political-groups-submit-case-to-the-high-court

Abuse_by_Somaliland2.jpg