Sign in to follow this  
Somali philosopher

Love wins, even against racist Somalis

Abwaan   

Soomaalidu maba is arkaanba khaladaadkooda, maalin dhoweyd xitaa markii laga hadlayey mowduuca ah Soomaalidu ma fiican tahay, sababtaan awgeed baan ugu qoray CUNSURINNIMO in far waaweyn.:DIlaah dadkeenna ha caafiyo, cudur ka xun ma jiro inaad qof walaalkaa ah Soomaali, muslim ah aad iska korreysiiso iyo qof kale toona.

Abtigiis   

Being in the north, their marriage will not last. This kind of things are not tolerated in the most racist and tribalist part of somalia. The rascists will have the last laugh!

Coofle   

Abtigiis;839049 wrote:
Being in the north, their marriage will not last. This kind of things are not tolerated in the most racist and tribalist part of somalia. The rascists will have the last laugh!

I know Two similar marriages marriages who worked well one in Hargeisa the other in Boorama....The stigma is fading ...

Back in High school, We had this gorgeous Classmate, Qurux dumar lagu amano oo dhan way lahayd, waxase lagu naanaysi Jiray "UBAX gudaafad ka baxay" ..... Ilaahay ha naga cafiyo...

Wadani   

I would have to agree with abtigiis, dadka la hayb sooco fare much worse in northern somalia than anywhere else in the country.

Abtigiis   

elsewhere they may have a chance, not in the North. The girl's family will do everything they can, including murder, to get their girl back to preserve some 'honour'. It may not happen immediately, but even the two young lovers will find out that life is not easy for them after the initial love fades. I, however, pray for them.

Coofle, gabadhaas waxay ahayd "Ubax gudaafad ku hareeraysan tahay" with the gudaafad being the racist somalis around. Anigayga kula hadlaya arintaa kuma dhiiran karo, waayo islaanta hooyo ah ayaa racist wayn ah oo is dal dali! I don't think dad will worry about it much.

Somalia   

She's not from the secessionist clan, she's from its little brother, if she was from the secessionist clan.. they wouldn't survived the first day. clap.gif

Coofle   

Abtigiis;839062 wrote:
elsewhere they may have a chance, not in the North. The girl's family will do everything they can, including murder, to get their girl back to preserve some 'honour'. It may not happen immediately, but even the two young lovers will find out that life is not easy for them after the initial love fades. I, however, pray for them.

Coofle, gabadhaas waxay ahayd "Ubax gudaafad ku hareeraysan tahay" with the gudaafad being the racist somalis around. Anigayga kula hadlaya arintaa kuma dhiiran karo, waayo islaanta hooyo ah ayaa racist wayn ah oo is dal dali! I don't think dad will worry about it much.

Loolzz..Indeed she was Ubax Gudaafad ku hareeraysantahay.... But what it is much much worse when Men marry for such families...Naagta ha iska qaateen, Laakiin ninku siidhka "Seed" ayuu xumaynayaa (Waa sida ay hadalka u dhigaane)....Nin ayaa bari gabadh loogu diiday because his grandmother was from Beelaha la hayb sooco, gabadha aabaheedna well known suldaan buu ahaa...

Cumar dhuule and Maxamed Saleebaan Tubeec are Well known figures who suffered under the flag of Haybsooc.

Abtigiis   

Somalia;839065 wrote:
She's not from the secessionist clan, she's from its little brother, if she was from the secessionist clan.. they wouldn't survived the first day.
clap.gif

I fully agree with Somalia here. I also thought so. They would not have survived to do that interview if they were from the secessionist clan. Nimankaas ilbaxa isku sheegaa dhinacaas jahli weyn baa ka haysta, along with my folks from somaligaleed oo la mid ah.

Blessed   

Illahay guurkooda ha u barakeeyo. Haduu socon waayana, ma aji ku sheegaan is furin? That itself is qabiilist thinking. I know a few mixed families who despite the stigma managed to live happily and raise proud children. These are qurbawis, so maybe that makes a difference. Off course, dad la diidayna even in qurbaha way jiraan. Waxaa la yidhaah dadna dunidaa lagu ciqaaba, dadna aakhiro, reer xaafadayada deganaa, waxaan hubaa in siday inan dhalinyaro ah oo diiniyo dabeecad leh u bahdileen, illahay uga aar guday. Dhowr sano kadib, inantay la hanweynayeen iyo laba wiill oo ay dhaleen nolosha gabigeedaba way ka dhaceen oo dad camalkooda la caayo ayay noqdeen.

Coofle,

Cumar Dhuule and Tubeec, Maryan Mursal iyo Nimco Yassin (before she jumped ship) waa fanaaniin lagu faano oo la jecelyahay, I don't think they were treated any differently to other fanaaniin, at least in the public sphere.

Abtigiis   

No, Alpha. Infact, if at all the so-called Midgo and gabooye usually are more handsome than the average somali, at least in the areas I lived. The boy does not look bantu at all.