Sign in to follow this  
Somali philosopher

Love wins, even against racist Somalis

Juxa   

XX sorry but those families I know of don't want to deal with ignorant, bigoted people. They do tend to marry from their own

I talk of those in qurbaha lakin

Ps: I agree everyone should marry qofka ay rabaan

NGONGE   

Alpha Blondy;839184 wrote:
^ i would marry a chick from these 'reerahan' becos i'm a man.

A great discovery! :D

raula   

Coofle-aad baad uu mahadsantahay..the article is a wonderful read. I am aware of the somali minorities/untouchables as some might call them.I guess its some somali dialects on how they refer such people to. Thx again.

It is not a racist per say - rather a social outcastism (sp) which is actually worse than racism and must be eradicated and only Islam is strong enough to eradicate it.

Sayid*Somal;839275 wrote:
It is not a racist per say - rather a social outcastism (sp) which is actually worse than racism and must be eradicated and only Islam is strong enough to eradicate it.

Agree with you Sayid, Islam is strong enough to eradicate it but sadly the Ulama are not doing anything about it, its easy to say "We are all equal" but you need to do it practically, for example if you read the seerah of prophet Muhammad (PBUH) he was a man of practice and he eradicated lots of society ills in his time by taking strong action against it, like his marriage of Zainab bint Jaxash, also when he made Bilal, Salman al-farisi, Suheyb Ruumi and many outcasts his beloved and closest companions, but hey, most Ulama of today heed to society pressure and don't dare to give their daughters hand to an outcast.

Abtigiis   

Islam hasn't solved this for over a thousand years and will not solve it in the future. Social enlightement through education and economic empowerment of the oppressed minorities are the game changers!!

Of course islamic teaching can contribute to the social enlightment, but it cannot do the job per se.

Abtigiis;839328 wrote:
Islam hasn't solved this for over a thousand years and will not solve it in the future. Social enlightement through education and economic empowerment of the oppressed minorities are the game changers!!

Of course islamic teaching can contribute to the social enlightment, but it cannot do the job per se.

Abtigiis, your right education and economic empowerment will help resolve this issue, but Islam practically abolished these stigmas in the first generation especially the 23 years of the Prophet's life as a leader, Blacks and slaves were untouchables, and Islam empowered them to say no, for example when one companion (Abu Darr) called Bilal "son of black mum" the prophet got very angry and told Abu-darr he was a man with a sick heart, and Abu darr said he felt so ashamed he put his cheek on the floor and asked Bilal to stand on it. These untouchables become military leaders, scholars, businessmen and played big part in society. But sadly, things went back to old days ignorance after the death of the first generation of companions.

The younger generation does not condone this nor understand the logic behind it. Its only the older generation that are still stack in the past.

With time things will change Insha'allah.

Abwaan   

Qandalawi;839356 wrote:
The younger generation does not condone this nor understand the logic behind it. Its only the older generation that are still stack in the past.

With time things will change Insha'allah.

Insha Allaah. Waa runtaa MB, da'yarta ayaa beddeli doonta arrimahan foosha xun insha Allaah.